Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

abracadabra

"it will be on tv and many people will watch it."

May 18, 06 8:22 pm  · 
 · 

i was called a pompous ass today on archinect. hehe.

May 18, 06 10:21 pm  · 
 · 

...and i think i just posted # 2006. cool.

May 18, 06 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Steven I just sent you an mp3. It's not jello, it's pudding. Enjoy.

May 18, 06 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
dia

diabase correctly predicts.... well done vado.

May 18, 06 10:52 pm  · 
 · 

I hate other forums. Thank God for archinect. I was on another forum which shall not be named, asking about graphic design programs. Trying to head off the people who seem to think I should go back to school for another BACHELOR's degree because I lack skills, I mentioned that I am studying typography, web coding, pre-press issues, and such on my own. What was the result? Some bitch decides to enlighten me that typography is not design, flash is not design, etc. Urrr, hello? Did you read where I said I have a Bachelor of Architecture? Or are you so print-centric that you can't imagine that there are other forms of design? Or dull enough to not realize that design is design, and someone who truly understands design is not limited to one specific discipline? Or maybe she's just a bitch that gets off on questioning other people's abilities.

I, rationalist, vow to be nicer to newbie posters on archinect.

May 18, 06 11:10 pm  · 
 · 

And woohoo vado!

May 18, 06 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

woo hoo!

rationalist: "8 year olds, dude"

May 19, 06 1:49 am  · 
 · 
AP

Steven was indeed called a pompous ass (yesterday)...
but I think he liked it... ;)

woohoo.

May 19, 06 8:34 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Post the thread where Steven was called an ass. I have to go draw a detail.

Woo Hoo!

May 19, 06 9:08 am  · 
 · 
AP
here

ya go dubK.

May 19, 06 9:32 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Haha ... steven .. " you pompous ass!!" LB did stand up for you though..:D ... ( with her 4" heeled boots an' all)

My internet's been down for a few days, so I was suffering from withdrawal symptoms ... slowly recovering now. But I missed out on a lot .. including Vado's 3000th post .. so Vado, Here's a late one for you ...

WOO HOO !!!

May 19, 06 10:24 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

DubK!!!!! I love it! AP is that a reference to Vineland in which Zoyd Wheeler is referred to as "Z-Dub"? I love it.

I wondered where you had been sporadic.

Back to the show house where I am spending my day moving furniture and art. So glad I have a Master's degree.

May 19, 06 10:51 am  · 
 · 

i emailed lb this morning that i had to look up 'sophistry' last night to see what i was being accused of. (or, of what i was being accused. sorry.) also had to reread my post to see if i had really been picking on jump's dad in the way rim had read it.

oh well. felt bad. i don't come here to piss people off. i've said it before: we assume that people read what we write here in the same tone that we hear it in our head. ain't so.

as they say in ky - he really did get all het up, didn't he?

May 19, 06 11:05 am  · 
 · 
AP

no, not from there...not sure where actually...South Fla slang...

have fun w/ the manual labor...did you ever post an image of the show house?

May 19, 06 11:05 am  · 
 · 
AP

ya, I had to look it up too...

May 19, 06 11:12 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

That Rim Joist is a real character. I like his earlier line, "well played, you clever bastard". Seems like an interesting thread though. Wish I had time for it.

-dubK

May 19, 06 11:45 am  · 
 · 
e

steven, i never knew.

May 19, 06 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

hey...i'm still alive...and not even hungover this time

May 19, 06 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
e

everyone, puddles is alive and sober. yay. you'll have to fix that last part tonight puddles.

May 19, 06 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Wow. This year Woo Hoo Day falls on a Thursday. Today is Friday. Double woo hoo!

May 19, 06 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
AP
stephanie siting
May 19, 06 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Very good, AP - and I know what you mean, I miss her too.

May 19, 06 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
AP

so, what's everyone up to this weekend?

My lady-friend and I plan on hittin' up the Jacksonville Film Festival...

Venues:

The Florida Theatre

Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art

Jacksonville Public Library - Main Branch (thanks Bob Stern)

Ritz Theatre

San Marco Theatre

Theatre Jacksonville

May 19, 06 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Last night, we painted our new pad in preparation for a party in honor of my pal Pepin, who is parting town on a plane next week. People can park at my place at 6 pm or later. Please partake!

Permission to enter will be privileged to those perceptive enough to bring presents.

May 19, 06 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

pepin is cool. we had very dissimilar views about "the omega man" however. how many guys are livin at your place now wonderK? and how many want to???

May 19, 06 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Bye bye Pepin you cute thing! I enjoyed hearing you and vado talk film. WonderK, bring on more cute boys as flatmates!!

May 19, 06 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

*Digression alert - temporary conversation break*

Yes, Pepin is wonderful and I will miss him a lot. By the end of the weekend there will be 2 guys living here and next weekend there will only be one again, as Andy is moving in tomorrow. By the end of June, all 3 will be gone! At least temporarily.....and I will be sad. In which case I would love it if another one wanted to live here.

So if anyone has any attractive, and more importantly, wickedly smart gentlemen that are looking for something to do this summer, I have a spare room :o)

Note that I can talk about them here because none of them have been checking the board this week....

***Digression over***

May 19, 06 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

guess ther'll be room for me to crash on my next trip to cinci...

May 20, 06 12:31 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

confidential to jump:

I totally agree with you, and in this case by "hip and trendy" I definitely don't mean "smart". I just can't bring myself to be critical of people when they are putting out an effort of which they feel proud.

May 20, 06 8:39 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

just did a one man gang and moved a sofa with the help of the company van and a little four wheel dolly predict the cat will puke on it within the week. maybe headin over to midland antique mall although i may have had my gay man quotient for the day as i ate breakfast at a place that was playin disco-ized versions of songs like the sounds of silence and fleetwood mac's "thunder only happens when its something" dont know the name. saw some teenager girls havin a carwash that might be a nice counterpoint. and then later a nap on my new sofa.

May 20, 06 11:24 am  · 
 · 

totally weird hours for me.
went to sleep yesterday @ 7 pm. woke up @2 am and read newspapers in internet for an hour or so went back to sleep and woke up again @5 am and saw the daylight coming in and went to sleep again and woke up @10 am. called my mom in izmir who is not home 7pm her time, probably she and my sister are taking a walk or sitting in the side walk cafe downstairs. i am gonna take a shower shave and take rupi and daisy for a walk. tina is gonna cook tonight. i have to go to office later on for a little bit.
dr called during the week. she told me sugar levels are a bit up and i have to stop the habit of eating once a day and shutting my metabolism down. no more white rice, bread and carbs for me for a while which i love. fuck this, you stop carbs then colestrol goes up and so on and on. tina is talking on the background and daisy is jumping up and down. i got to get going. maybe cancel the shower bc i don't stink plus i am not going to see anybody today except the people i already mentioned and they don't mind. i took lb's advise and send a letter of agreement to hair salon, my friend larry totah who is a succesfull designer gave me the similar okay. so i am on with the little project. this people do barbara streisand's hair. these connections are necessary in los angeles practice. maybe my business will do better this year. shit. anyway, at least there is gonna be more material for abracadabra, faia...
i will call my mom again. it is fuckin' so hard to be so far from your home and it doesn't get that much easier over the years. life of an immigrant. small incidents shape the life not the big ones. at least in my case. no fuckin' way i would board on the plane and fly 20,000 miles to another continent at the age of 18 if had the mind i have today. but hey, it wasn't boring even a minute of it. at least i go back once a year. think about the old immigrants, they got on the boat from italy and never swam in mediterrannian sea again. america america, elia kazan. sad story but something about a courage right there...

May 20, 06 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

eat like vado:

one bag sesame blues
one lb peppermill turkey breast
one lb smoked chicken salad
one foccacia
one bag of basil feeucini
chili pepper tortillas
hickory smoked gouda
one jar of bruschetta
one bag of bagels
one bottle of leonard kreusch aeller schwarze katz
one bottle of coppolo pinot grigio
one pint of half und half
4 crab stuffed portobello mushrooms
one avocado
one red pepper
one jar of sundried tomato pesto
one chunk of parmesan cheese
one pound of red grapes
one bag of mediterranean salad
whats 4 lunch???

May 20, 06 3:41 pm  · 
 · 

thanks vado. looks and tastes healthy. altough it was hard to pass tina's lunch offer of carnitas burritos with refried beans down the street.

May 20, 06 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

damn !! .. I'm bored ...

can't someone come online ? .. I wanna share my news !!

May 21, 06 2:08 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

congrats sporadic, soon we will be unable to decipher your writings!!!

May 21, 06 7:58 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yay!!!! for sporadic! Congrats - so will you start in the fall?

I know, it must be awful to come to work on what is your Monday morning and have no one around to post/chat with. Like what are you suppossed to do, work?? ;)

Nice to have some good news to share. I see vado is also up, and hmmm he doesn't even have a toddle who makes sleeping in a long-lost dream of the past....

May 21, 06 8:06 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

make that toddler not toddle jeez...let me toddle over to the coffee maker and see if it's ready yet quick.

May 21, 06 8:07 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Havn't slept yet . Second time this = week up all night.

May 21, 06 8:16 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

give us the details straw!!! are they salacious? or are you playing poker?

May 21, 06 8:28 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

lol .. thanks guys ... yeah .. I'll be starting this fall. mighty excited.

I hereby solemnly swear, …. That I shall keep “all” my writings on archinect at a decipherable level ( well that’s the most that I can do …). So help me God. :D

yeah LB .. it's kinda boring here in the morning ... I got stuck in the wrong timezone..

anyway .. put in my resignation papers today. Have to fix a date for the wedding now. family meeting tommorow !!

May 21, 06 8:31 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

lol ... salacious !!

May 21, 06 8:32 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

vado. think what you must , but I have some volunteer work at 7 am.

took first twice 2nite, thanks though. lost third big time.

May 21, 06 8:46 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

who are you marrying sporadic???

May 21, 06 9:05 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Ms. Sporadic .. :)

May 21, 06 9:19 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

c'mon .. i'm sure you remember that whole Turkey episode...

May 21, 06 9:20 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

the country or the fowl?

May 21, 06 9:44 am  · 
 · 
AP

or the foul country, vado?....nevermind...congratulations sporadic, on both your acceptance and pending union...

and lb, I prefer toddle...although that could as well be a silly nickname for a youngster named Todd...hey there Toddle....

ooh...how about a band named " dub K and the toddles!" yes.

also reminds me of a drink - the hot toddie....

anywho...
although it was a "confidential" post to jump, I feel compelled to comment...considering that you will acting as an instructor in the near future (lb), it seems an impediment to be apprehensive of offering critique...also, distinguish between pride and excitement. both could use a good trimming every so often...so long as passion is encouraged... /tangent...

(by the way, i'm proof-listening to your CD, lb, and although the mix is done, I'm having the same Error Message difficulty that you mentioned on the CD Swap thread....

oh, "dub K and the salacious toddles." done, done and done.

May 21, 06 11:53 am  · 
 · 

my beloved baklava ain't foul.;)

May 21, 06 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i would love to visit turkey instanbul looks fabuloso and i could live out my eric ambler fantasies.

in the meantime i'll slowly clean my apartment and listen to old jazz streamed from wbez in chicago...ah sunday a nap is calling...

May 21, 06 1:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: