Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

that looked good before i sent it. argh. why doesn't preview work on page 19?

May 11, 06 7:28 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

lol .. vado ... you're reading this right now .. aren't you ??

admit it .. you're addicted to Archinect ... :D

Good morning Steven .. I take it that you were trying to show that you're ears are shut ?? ... :) ..

May 11, 06 7:39 am  · 
 · 
tgv11
http://www.architecturemag.com/architecture/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001656778

Read "Missing the Point" and then start whining over Mr. Page's comments

I'm done with this conversation. Get over it Cameron
Move on. You can't swindle everyone.

May 11, 06 7:43 am  · 
 · 

youbetcha. but now they're open since you, vado, and i are all friendly. gotta go to work now, though. wait for it.....

have a nice day!

May 11, 06 7:44 am  · 
 · 
parallel38

supernova

I'm great to be around...for every whiny post on archinect....I recieve two emails thanking me.

change your diaper superdumbass

May 11, 06 8:45 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

HAHA !! .. thanks for the advice parallel38 ... any brand recomendations? :)

May 11, 06 8:51 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

oh oh ... he's on it again ...

Seriously [url=http://archinect.com/members/profile_view_ind.php?id=15382
]man[/url]
... you should mellow down ..

May 11, 06 8:58 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

*man

May 11, 06 8:58 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ok, excusing the last 45 or so posts, which I'm going to pretend don't exist, how is everyone today?

(Regarding that last bit, I am told that I tend to ignore difficult things because I am a 7 on the enneagram....but I digress)

Seriously, my internet being down is such a bummer.

Does anyone else think that [http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=38864_0_42_0_C]this[/url] is rather neat? And does anyone know someone who won the Katrina competition?

Furthermore, Cameron, sign me up for some time in the fall helping to design/build stuff. I will email you personally about this, but I would love to come down.

goodnight sporadic.....and everyone else, have a great day!

PS. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

May 11, 06 9:37 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I hate it when one link works and I mess up the other. It screws up the whole flow of what I'm trying to say. And you can't preview on anything but the first page, which is annoying. I'm going to try it again.

lyceum, anyone?

May 11, 06 9:39 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Thanks for asking WonderK. I *will* excuse the last 45 or so posts, as it's frustrating to deal with.

But I'll sya this: I spent a little time this morning looking for EPDM pricing on a roofing forum website, and it reminded me again what a joy it is to use the well-designed, aesthetically pleasing site that is Archinect.

Also, I had coffee yesterday with someone who inspires me to be more serious about my role as a firm owner and to work harder. So I'm going to do that today rather than spend a lot of time here. Plus I'm just way frickin' behind - and we got a new project yesterday, yay hooray.

May 11, 06 9:50 am  · 
 · 
adso

Heather, that "question answerer" site was funny and scary at the same time

May 11, 06 10:08 am  · 
 · 
parallel38

whatever you want superdumbass

by the way, thanks for linking the Yale Blows thread and my archinect log to Thread Central...you rock!

May 11, 06 10:27 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

tgv11,
the article says that we were going to run a design competition, we didn't. well done for doing zero research. As the writer didn't factcheck either, neither did he. The people that ran that specific design competition were the Architectural Record (arch magazines competitor) and Tulane.

The writer proposes spending $1.5Billion to bring in the 'finest architects' to rebuild New Orleans. Did he do that? Did he even try? No. That worked out really well with the World Trade Center - oh wait no it didn't. Even the 'A NEWER ORLEANS: SIX PROPOSALS' by Reed Kroloff and Aaron Betsky in the March issue of Artforum recieved a backlash on the ground.

I respect Max for his comments but it was a little to early in the work on the coast to pass judgement. A December publication means it was written in September or early October. It is easy to quarterback less than a few months after a disaster - like showing up a month after the tsunami and complaining nothing has been built. America hasn't had a natural disaster of this size in a century and is struggling to deal with basic shelter. People are still in tents and mold infested homes (you wouldn't know this as you've not been).

By the way he was a Yale graduate and prof. and we know how highly you think of them.

now I think the conversation is done. Hope you have a happy life and a sucessful career in London. There is a reason I left England and you remind me why.

May 11, 06 10:58 am  · 
 · 
myriam

Hey lb, congrats on the new project! Here's a celebratory website for you to look at when you feel like taking a break--don't worry, you will like it, AND it literally won't take more than 10 minutes maximum!

link for break time!

1) so I guess no one liked my friend's cartoon? aw!
2) I hereby nominate Abra to start a "Thread Central 2" in the springtime spirit of fresh beginnings. For no reason other than that this could go on forever and it'd be nice to be back on page 1.

May 11, 06 11:06 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

oh the irony. Max Page emailed to discuss work on the coast and asked to come down to see our projects. thanks for the heads up tvg.

May 11, 06 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

myriam! i wake up early, come into the office to get a few things done early and see all the ugliness above. then i get to your post and you've made my day already.

i'm going to work on the breuer chair at lunch :-D

May 11, 06 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

oh and i did enjoy the cartoon. though it sorta stings at the same time that it's funny in that you really can relate to it...

May 11, 06 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Phew, I'm glad someone enjoyed it! I am frustrated that I keep trying to change the topic and it just comes right back again! It's like an onslaught of roaches or something; do what you will, but eventually you just have to move to a new home.

May 11, 06 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

myriam-

i too will join you in ignoring the hullabaloo and try to get back to the subtle pleasantness of thread central

May 11, 06 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

between soulikeit, parallel, and tgv, archinect is not that much fun or interesting anymore....

I think these three guys are single-handedly helping us break from the archinect addiction. yay for productivity, booo for connectedness.

May 11, 06 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I don't know what you're talking about melquiades--I've never heard of those people.

Isn't it a lovely rainy spring day? Yes, yes, it is.

May 11, 06 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

everyone

I'll be good...:-)
I'll remove myself from thread central so you have your serenity back

I'm so tempted to lob a bomb at Cameron (a.ka. Duany 2) after those last posts ,but I won't. I'll fight the temptation

ciao TC

May 11, 06 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
e

it is a beautiful day here myriam.. even with the impending rain.

May 11, 06 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
AP

hot and humid in the sunshine state...lovely nevertheless...

May 11, 06 1:12 pm  · 
 · 

gray davies here. santa monica, wla.

May 11, 06 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
AP

we had rain yesterday and the day before...otherwise it's been dry...

rain yesterday = humidity today. I love Florida.

May 11, 06 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

orhan right w/ ya in SaMo. june gloom has started early. perhaps it means it will end early this year as well.

May 11, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

rainy here in the queen city as well. but hovering between too cool and warm, and it smells of spring....some streets are starting to look like the rainforest they have so much foliage.

Speaking of foliage.....hmmm. Give me a few minutes.

May 11, 06 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Ha ha actually myriam that really is hilarious! I love the simple graphics explaining how to make the product - scissors + milkcarton = I start laughing!

That desk lamp makes me a little sad. I had that lamp - the cast iron base with the little ripples to hold your pencils - all through college and grad school, it belonged to my dad when he was in college. Then the wiring went bad and the shade came off and somewhere along the way I got rid of it. What a mistake.

May 11, 06 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

As promised, foliage.

May 11, 06 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

Cameron

do not email me...leave me alone
That's it, I'm off this thread

May 11, 06 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
adso

Very sunny here in NorCal, shoulda played hooky and gone out to the ball park.

May 11, 06 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
jealous of the world

long time listener, first time caller...

Just thinking that I've spent alot of time reading all these posts and articles, and never really contribute (lurking and leaching I suppose) So I thought today would be the day I would add a post in the thread central because it seems to be the nicest of all threads.

oh well, here's to the simple beauty of the 'interweb' and forums where everyone has something to say that it makes a long overtime-ridden day go by so much easier.

May 11, 06 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
e

welcome jealous.

May 11, 06 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

jealous of the world> welcome, glad you could stop by.

On a side note, I really enjoy the variety of screen names that people create. Sometimes I just peruse the members pages to see what gems people have come up with that we might not have ever seen.

And I finally got my internet back....whew, that was a rough couple of days.

May 11, 06 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

jealous (I agree great name), as noted above I spent some time today "lurking and leaching" on the roofer's forum. I didn't a make a peep, just read, and I don't really consider it leaching because people loooove to talk about what they love to talk about, so why shouldn't others benefit?

Welcome.

PS Cincy guys remember that T-shirt with the graphic of the CAC on it that I bought my 3-year-old, the bulding looking much like this:

He wore it today and when I asked him what he thought the picture was he said "The thing that the forklifts move" by which I think he means a crate.

May 11, 06 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i want to thank myriam too...that design w/o reach bit put a nice smile on my face and pretty much made my day

now it's time to start working on tomorrow's hangover...let's see if i can't ruin another good friday brunch

May 11, 06 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

LB,
so did you finally tell him what that graphic actually is ? he might be a lil confused about what his mom does for a living .. haha

I think CAC could use a nice nickname.. and "crate building" just might be it .

dont get me wrong .. I like the building !!

looks all calm and serene here ( finally!!) .. ummm .. still in bed so I better get up and get things started !!

btw .. welcome "jealous of the world"

Myriam .. the simplicity of that sight blows me !!.. i wish they had more fun Ideas.

May 12, 06 12:02 am  · 
 · 

heyhey jealous. I'd agree that thread central's definitely the best thread going. It's like a running dialogue of random thoughts that skews architectural, but includes enough randomness to keep it fun.

May 12, 06 12:13 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

did I just say Sight up there ?? .. I meant site !! :)

May 12, 06 2:01 am  · 
 · 
jealous of the world

hmm...i think I'm addicted.

May 12, 06 2:23 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

^ oh .. that's easy ..

May 12, 06 4:32 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i also loved the design w/o reach. very appropriate as we were discussing why mass produced furniture that was designed almost a century ago(to be affordable for the masses) is so damn expensive. of course one of the discussers has a rich boyfriend(also a coworker) and they live in some historic house that is i am sure full of expensive furniture.

May 12, 06 7:06 am  · 
 · 
job job

yeah I feel that as well - if you go to established & son's website, or vitra, moroso et al these are clearly luxury brands that farm out work to well-known designers.

There is clearly no concern for accessibility. Perhaps there never was. Was Muthesius so drawn towards the masses?

May 12, 06 7:48 am  · 
 · 
job job

one other thing - what's this head-in-the-sand mentality taking hold of Thread Central

don't be static, crystalline formations are death

May 12, 06 7:51 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

April Flowers bring May Showers ... seriously, it's been a constant deluge here in Connecticut.

May 12, 06 10:49 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Allow me.

May 12, 06 10:56 am  · 
 · 
AP
May 12, 06 11:18 am  · 
 · 
job job

may: the liver is the cock's comb here in rougemont nc, with a 20% chance of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

May 12, 06 11:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: