Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

A Center for Ants?

vado-

the interesting thing is that all these pieces came from "modernism" that was supposedly inspired and influenced by the mechanization of the manufacturing industry. things were supposed to be able to be massed produced at a low price. i mean c'mon. corbu was obsessed with that stuff.

in the end though. there's still an issue of "craft" and "design" which ultimately make a few pieces of leather and chrome tubing rediculously expensive. (maybe after the 75 year copyright rule comes to fruition, we'll see less expensive furniture w/ decent quality for sale?)

May 12, 06 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm still alive

May 12, 06 12:51 pm  · 
 · 

friday is payday. puddles, check.

May 12, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

Where's mine?!

May 12, 06 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

if the budget doesn't fit, you must print.

May 12, 06 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski
your name 06/26/03-20:03

stephen lauf is clearly not a ninja.
May 12, 06 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
AP

Some early Mother's Day flowers for liberty bell and all the other moms out there in archinect-land.

Happy Mother's Day, have a great weekend...

May 13, 06 11:17 am  · 
 · 
e

now isn't that sweet of you AP. xtra points for you.

May 13, 06 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Awww, thanks AP!

Special recognition to RA Rudolph who is celebrating her first ever Mother's Day as a mother this year! (I know she won't read this because with a enew baby she hardly has time to brush her teeth let alone come to this forum - though I did see her being her usual helpful self over on the thread about residential code in CA recently, I think).

For Mother's Day, my husband took our son to a hot rod show, leaving me at home to get some CAD work done - yay!

May 13, 06 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova
For Mother's Day, my husband took our son to a hot rod show, leaving me at home to get some CAD work done - yay!

lol .. now isn't that sweet ...

haope you had a good time though LB

May 14, 06 1:11 am  · 
 · 
oe
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4768769.stm

>>>last paragraph

ha :)

May 14, 06 11:53 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

^^ that's funny ... so a principal architect would be a .....??

May 15, 06 12:38 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Good morning USA ...

LB .. coffee still hot ?... I'm having a long ( boring ) day ..
there's a new ruling coming up in dubai that the laborours need to work only at nights and not in the morning/afternoons ( due to the exreme heat ...) So.. I'm hoping that it does not affect my inspection timings !!.. should be ok i guess .. lets see ...

so as USA stirs up (except Javier.. he was up late , judging from his posts !!)... I'm all ready to call it a day !!..

May 15, 06 7:41 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Have a good evening sporadic!

May 15, 06 7:44 am  · 
 · 

good morning and good night!

May 15, 06 7:45 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

its may 15th and i am wearing a freakin turtleneck!!!

May 15, 06 8:08 am  · 
 · 
AP

sunny and warm in Jacksonville. g'night ss, morning all....

May 15, 06 8:27 am  · 
 · 
e

due to be 81 and sunny in seattle. i'm with lb. who needs work today? drink andyone?

May 15, 06 11:11 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

55 and rainy in New Haven, Connecticut.

May 15, 06 11:21 am  · 
 · 

was 25 and sunny the all last week, now back to typical dutch grey sky!

May 15, 06 11:25 am  · 
 · 
AP

e, I don't know who 'andy', but I'll take a drink...

May 15, 06 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
e

where did that d come from?

May 15, 06 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

e, I'll add to my punchlist: "remove extraneous "d" from "anyone"

Man I despise punchlisting!! I WILL need a drink when I'm done with this! What a boring way to spend a Monday.

May 15, 06 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
AP
drink andyone?

you see, andy-one is a friend of johhny-five.

May 15, 06 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

AP, thanks for telling us to keep looking - that was the best thing I've read in a long while.

Though I have to admit Marlin's late-night since-removed blog post had me utterly, totally flummoxed.

May 15, 06 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Here's the funny thing about being self-employed: I'm working from home, and I'm wearing a very cool suit, high heels, jewelery the whole deal, as I had a meeting this morning and another this afternoon. But it's like 50 degrees in the heartland and we turned off our furnace weeks ago so it's chilly in the house - so to keep warm while sitting at the computer I put on my fleece bathrobe over my suit.

It's a total architect look! Functional yet irreverent! Next thing you know this is how Joshua Prince-Ramus will be showing up to pesentations!

god back to these freakin' punchlists....

May 15, 06 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I hope you Mass/New Hampshire archinecters haven't been flooded out yet! Pixelwhore I know you live in an attic apartment so you're hopefully OK. myriam hope all's OK for you too.

floods

I am really trying to avoid these punchlists!

May 15, 06 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
GtHtAu.

I don't want to see the discussion leak onto this pristine thread, but maybe you could go check out the article I posted on this thread

It's a newer, more pleasant political debate.

May 15, 06 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

and that is a powerful powersuit lb. i dont know about the robe however...

May 15, 06 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
e

you're kiling me AP. ;+)

May 15, 06 9:02 pm  · 
 · 

That is a fun mental image, lb.

I just ordered what looks like a great book from Amazon. I hope it lives up to expectations. It looks like it could be my new bible. I can't wait.

May 15, 06 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
adso

Funny, I was just looking through my copy of that this weekend, as I have been struggling mightily with soft-ground lately. Its my go to, although it covers everything and I'm more interested in intaglio. Has a nice little bit of history at the beginning.

This one, despite being from Dover, has a lot of ink spilled on it as well.

Just don't let lb know, I recall that she has mentioned her disdain for printmakers several times.

May 15, 06 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Aw, adso, I'm sorry, I don't really have general disdain for printmakers - just the printmakers I was in school with were not the smartest group of people I'd ever met. Then again, they do know how to make prints, which is something like moldmaking that I can't quite figure out linearly, though I have a sense of how it works.

And, I've also said several times that some of my most prized possesions are my prints by Ben Woodward, similar to this:

May 15, 06 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Man !!. I hate it that thread central is so alive when I'm asleep !! ..

AP ... I enjoyed reading your Blog ...

May 16, 06 12:44 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Good morning sporadic, I'm actually here up late again. I swear I'm finishing these drawings TONIGHT!!

May 16, 06 12:51 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Good morning/ Good evening LB .. I can more or less count on you being here when I log on ... it's a feel good factor. Thanks to the noble proffesion of Architecture ...

On the down side for me ... I'm flooded with inspection requests today .. ( I think document control goofed up .. a lot of them are dated last week !!! ) and it's blistering hot too !! ..

LB .. lot of work ?... good luck with those drawings .. pop in once in a while to break the boredom ( I'm sure you already do ... )

May 16, 06 12:59 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Done for tonight, sent drawings off to pick up tomorrow.

Yes tons of work, the next three weeks will be hideously busy, then I'll be gone (but working even harder than I am now no doubt!) for three weeks.

Good potential news here, it seems the decorator show house I was working on is being bought by some large entity and they want to buy every single thing in the house - we're looking at a tidy commission on some great antique and modern furniture, plus I had installed one of my husband's sculptures on the wall and it may sell too!! Kind of a bummer as it's one of my favorite pieces by him, but the sale price w/o gallery commission is sorely needed right now.

Sorry about all the inspections in the blistering sun sporadic. Put on your sunscreen and a big hat! And drink drink drink (I mean water you silly guy!). Have a good day. Goodnight.

May 16, 06 1:39 am  · 
 · 

cool news lb, especially the potential sale of husband's piece.

May 16, 06 4:07 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

its four in the morning...leonard's song began. and guess what leonard i am up and drinking tea cuz im outta coffee getting ready to make a four and a half hour drive for my jobsite meeting. and then come back again. oh the joys of having no money left in your ca budget. at least i can hit the starbucks in kokomo when its open! good day and mark it 2995 comments.

May 16, 06 4:24 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

woohoo ... 4 more to go vado ...

just came back from the site .... arrgghh ... the heat !! ...

now ... what was I supposed to drink ..???

May 16, 06 5:47 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

water water water, maybe OJ, which is really good for dehydration.

Good morning and goodnight, sporadic. Hope vado has a safe drive.

May 16, 06 7:38 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

water water water, maybe OJ, which is really good for dehydration.

Good morning and goodnight, sporadic. Hope vado has a safe drive.

· 
liberty bell

double post, f*ck, where's my coffee?!?!

· 
sporadic supernova

lol LB ,
goodmorning ...

just finished around a litre of water ...

btw .. your decorator $how hou$e $ale $ound$ great ... I think it's great that your husbands sculpture is also bought. maybe he'll get more sales if they liked his work, huh ? ... ( of course, you stop making them your favorites... )
anyway .. goodluck for today ..

May 16, 06 8:26 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

btw are you in your fleece bathrobe over the suit... or is it early for that ?

May 16, 06 8:27 am  · 
 · 
AP

'night ss, morning rest....

Any thoughts on last night's presidential address regarding border control?

May 16, 06 8:58 am  · 
 · 
AP

'night ss, morning rest....

Any thoughts on last night's presidential address regarding border control?

May 16, 06 8:58 am  · 
 · 
AP

oops...blame it on the [lack of] coffee...

May 16, 06 8:59 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Forget Bush for a second.....

Did ANYONE else see the beginning of Saturday Night Live this weekend? I didn't even know about it until someone told me. All I will say is that is has Al Gore in it and you have to see it. Go here and watch the video:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/14.html#a8280

Fantastic.

May 16, 06 9:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: