vado retro

i say name that doggie "chew toy"

Jun 28, 07 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

did i tell you guys my bike got stolen?

Jun 28, 07 8:22 pm  · 
 · 

so the doggy has a name, pierre. I thought it was a Boston Terrier so shouldn't it have like an Irish name like Mic or Bono?

Jun 28, 07 8:23 pm  · 
 · 

Straw, that's terrible! How? And how are you getting to work?

Jun 28, 07 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I'm driving.

Jun 28, 07 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

It was stolen out of the front hall of my house/apartment. The door was left open and the bike wasn't chained up. Pretty easy steal.

Jun 28, 07 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tumbles

you could name her Gretta, after Gretta Grossman

Jun 28, 07 8:35 pm  · 
 · 

if the dawg's from boston, then chowdah or bean as in beantown.

Jun 28, 07 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

come here 'wicked pissah'

Jun 28, 07 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i'm takin wicked pissah for a walk down to the packy.

Jun 28, 07 9:55 pm  · 
 · 

let's get pysh'd

Jun 28, 07 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
 · 
Katze
 · 

HA!

· 
Katze

do do do do!!!!

· 
vado retro
Jun 28, 07 10:13 pm  · 
 · 

blackmail is like a pitbull, it might protect you or bite your @ss

Jun 28, 07 10:41 pm  · 
 · 

DAISY IS WALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the miracle happened this evening. like somebody learning to bicycle for the first time, she went around the whole city block on leash only and visited her boyfriend newton on the way...
you should see how proud she was doing it on her own.
this is not a normal walk. she is doing it with three paws with occasionally using right front. she had a stroke three weeks ago and she was like a dough for two weeks not being able to stand on her feet. and move even an inch until few days ago.
i feel amazingly good and relieved.
she sends everybody her love and she is greatful to all her friends in thread central.
i think she will 90% (99% possible) recover from all this trauma, she has been through, much faster than expected. she is watching tv now. the whole house is retrofitted for her walking comfort. slippery hardwood surfaces covered by carpet holding underlayments of
18"w x 5' long pieces put back to back establishing a path to the yard<->bedroom via living room.
with love everything is possible.

Jun 28, 07 11:36 pm  · 
 · 

wow, that dog is amazing! Its great when you hear of such recovery. Giver her a treat for me

Jun 28, 07 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

That's the second page in a row that two different people have posted the same picture at the same time. Bravo!

And I am so excited for Daisy! Good job pooch! I think I'm glad I didn't witness any of her struggling, I would have cried like a baby.

Jun 28, 07 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Congrats, Daisy!

Half a day left at my job....

Jun 29, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

yay for daisy!!!

Jun 29, 07 12:08 am  · 
 · 
KEG

ok, so I must have totally missed the daisy incident and I am terrified to ask what happened....

but thank god she seems to be ok!!!!!! Orphan- I can tell how much you love her by your posts (you made me tear up) and I am very relieved and excited for you!!! I love hearing stories about how people go to the ends of the earth for animals....the carpet thing...referring to your dogs boyfriend...totally things I do. You're like a proud papa! YAYYYYY!

<i>btw, Bentley's girlfriend is Ruby- they have a date every Saturday morning ;)/i>

Jun 29, 07 12:26 am  · 
 · 
That's the second page in a row that two different people have posted the same picture at the same time. Bravo!

the wonders of the google image search...

Jun 29, 07 7:37 am  · 
 · 

it's like the time in 5th grade when we wrote our first "research" paper and didn't know what we were doing and half the class had the same sentence from the world book encyclopedia in our little paper.

Jun 29, 07 7:39 am  · 
 · 

yay for daisy...

is it just me or does TC seem to be running through pages at a faster clip than normal recently???

Jun 29, 07 8:26 am  · 
 · 
n_

Today marks the birthday of my favorite coworker. I decided to celebrate by wrapping up her desk and surrounding area with our checkset from an old project we worked on together.

For those concerned about the environmental impact of this prank, please note:

1) Paper was reused from a checkset.
2) Paper is plotted on post-consumer recycled.
3) Paper will be recycled shortly after the 'unwrapping.'

Jun 29, 07 8:42 am  · 
 · 

hey you, get back to work!~

Jun 29, 07 8:52 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

So has anybody heard the new Canon colour printer comercials, with the "Architect" talking about how great it is for renderings?

Is it just me, or does he really sound like an idiot?

Jun 29, 07 9:16 am  · 
 · 

some glimpses into liberty bell's teaching activities, for those of us that are missing her...

liberty bell with her governor's school for the arts studio on the terrace at the 25th floor of the humana building. she's got the green bag:

lb and coinstructor's humana building interpretive dance:

building tour; lb plans the next thing:

lb shows the students the most interesting sights of louisville:

Jun 29, 07 9:21 am  · 
 · 
AP

ehhehehhehhehehh...nice. way to go lb, give the kids some culture.

orhan, i'm psyched to hear about daisy's victorious lap around the neighborhood...i'm sure newton is pretty excited too.

_n, nice job, very thorough.

2 things - i like brick, and i like swedish meatballs. ok, maybe i love swedish meatballs, but i will confirm after tonight.

Jun 29, 07 9:33 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

thank goodness for people like liberty bell

Jun 29, 07 9:47 am  · 
 · 

yes indeed.

Jun 29, 07 9:51 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

back in the office after surviving whatever pathogen invaded me. drinking first coffee in a couple of days. shoulda called in anyway. that canopy above the showgirls building has a phallistic look to it.

Jun 29, 07 9:51 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Haha, lb and I had a brief discussion on Wednesday afternoon about our "differences" in opinion on Michael Graves. She mentioned how they had visited Humana building in Louisville, and how she had a special place in her heart for him....I, however, am fine with him until you get to his building in Portland, and then I want to smack him in the face.

Jun 29, 07 9:54 am  · 
 · 

i certainly don't like everything graves has done [ahem..dolphin/swan...ahem] but, having seen him speak about the humana and his career recently, i have a lot of respect for his commitment to his beliefs about architecture and his ability to look at his work as a ouevre-in-progress.

his comments about the portland building were particularly telling. he didn't exactly have regrets so much as he had reasons. he was the ONLY one of the competition that 1- met the program and 2- met the budget. the others either left out necessary program, tried to slip it in as 'alternates', or just ignored the budget altogether. graves himself thought the materials choices weren't ideal, but he basically had to deliver something that made a statement for a very low budget.

his latest work with medical/hospital equipment design is fascinating. i'm with lb.

Jun 29, 07 10:09 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

michael graves is from indianastan.

Jun 29, 07 10:26 am  · 
 · 

i don't mind.

Jun 29, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Steven you are really ontop of posts this morning.

Jun 29, 07 10:45 am  · 
 · 

working out some detailing (pencil on yellow trace!) and have to take a eye-focusing, head-clearing break between each one...

Jun 29, 07 10:59 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

You don't have to justify your pressence to us.

Jun 29, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 
AP
Jun 29, 07 11:15 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

hey that's my desk!

Jun 29, 07 11:20 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Vado, you're working on Grosse Pointe still?

Jun 29, 07 11:22 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

architects are idiots? so that's what the 'i' stands for in AIA, i always knew something was amiss...

Jun 29, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 

i'm sure there's a context for that comment, beta, but i don't know what it is.

Jun 29, 07 11:37 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

ah no. but thats a pic from it.

Jun 29, 07 11:46 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

One hour left here at Passive|Aggressive Studios. I was hoping this would be a relaxing half-day, but of course, my project manager is once again trying to have me do her damage control for her.

Throughout this entire project she's been telling our client that we "are working on" and/or "have completed" tasks X, Y, and Z, when in fact we haven't even begun tasks A, B, or C because she hasn't bothered to give any direction to the project team or to the engineers. And of course, everything that has ever gone wrong on any project, as well as the JFK assassination and the Hindenburg disaster, will become my fault the minute I leave the office today.

I'm counting down the minutes...

Jun 29, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

hell gin take a long lunch and burn that bridge.

Jun 29, 07 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
Jun 29, 07 12:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: