Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

snooker

LIG: stumble with a glass of redwine into your Project Manager at the party and soak her......you will be a big hit amount the ground troop of CAD MONKEYS! I'm sure you will become Architectural Legend around the office.

Jun 29, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

LIG's personal hell is almost over!!!

Congrats! You survived! Well done!

If I were you, I would say something like "sayonara, bitches" on my way out. For dramatic and comedic effect.

Jun 29, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

LB

those flowers look dead...you should ask DubK about her flowers

hey, mightylittle...how did the bake sale go?

Jun 29, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

It's over. Time to put this place behind me.

Jun 29, 07 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

YAY!!

Jun 29, 07 1:27 pm  · 
 · 

tumbles, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that!!! Throughout the first couple pictures I thought "wow, that's a wierd shirt to give the kids, I bet they don't get it..." and then finally saw one close enough to realize it was something else.

Jun 29, 07 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
AP

awesome LiG! congratulations!

the Grosse Pointe / yellow trace pic was for Steven...so that when he looked up from drawing details on yellow trace, for an eye/focus break, he would see yellow trace on the screen!

ya mightylittle, how'd your baked delights fare at the fair?

Jun 29, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

okay as i bemoaned on TC last month i went to the doctor and learned that i gained 15 pounds in a year. i stopped by the docs office after lunch today and got myself weighed on the same scale for quality assurance coordination. well after a month of eating veggies and fruit and chicken breasts and no sugar, processed food, limited booze intake and combined with some walking lost 9.4 pounds in a month. i can see my toes again. woohoo.

Jun 29, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

vado

you should have a big bowl of ice cream to celebrate the occasion

Jun 29, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
AP
Jun 29, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

that guy shrank!

Jun 29, 07 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

"almost looks like lb handed out 'architecture sucks' shirts. That would be a good intro!"
That's exactly what I thought!

I'm moving TOMORROW!

swedish meatball roll call for tonight? ;)

Jun 29, 07 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
AP

here!

Jun 29, 07 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

vado, those dr scales blooooooooooooow, they never get them calibrated - ever.

Jun 29, 07 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

aqui

Jun 29, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 

well for the last month I've been eating only fish and vegatables, no rice, no booze, no meat.

But unlike vado I haven't been exercising as much (dr.s orders) nor have i weighed myself.

Jun 29, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

since i had just been perusing the dude abide's thread and the lebowski fest dot com's offerings, i swear i thought lb had handed out ACHIEVERS shirts to all those kids.

you know, proud as she is of all of them and what have you.

and i thought...I like yer style Liberty Bell...

Jun 29, 07 3:21 pm  · 
 · 

here's to LiG living a happy stress-free new life!!

Jun 29, 07 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

mightylittle I want to hear about your baked goods

Jun 29, 07 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

tumbles - the judging was yesterday, but i won't actually find out who beat me until i go to the fair this weekend.

i'll be sure to keep TC posted, and to post pics of the suzie-homemaker-cupcakes that win best in show.

orhan - i'm brought nearly to tears thinking of how much emotional effort has been expended on that lucky little dog of yours. astounding what you can do with a little love and support. (and a red rider trailer!)

· 

and to LB for macking that orange t|shirt, sea foam green bag and absolutely wicked shoes...what are they, me like!! Oh yea and molding young moldy minds

· 
WonderK

I'm on fish and vegetables too! Also fruit. Chicken once or twice a week. And as mentioned previously I've lost in the neighborhood of 90 newtons.

So basically, while I am here too, I am luckily not close enough to the swedish meatballs to eat any.

Jun 29, 07 3:25 pm  · 
 · 

so like LiG we are having an office barbi for a couple members of staff who are leaving to head off to school and the arrival of our new director. He's keen to get pysh'd

Jun 29, 07 3:51 pm  · 
 · 

Damnit I hope they got fish for me, otherwise this is a complete waste.

Jun 29, 07 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

going to the opening of a friend's art show tonight. recent write-up of her work ws pretty fun:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anessa/635421666/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anessa/635421742/in/photostream/

takin' the kids...

Jun 29, 07 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

thats awesome. I love quote on the article...

"I think you can be a feminist and still be feminine. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. You don’t have to act like a man to get respect."

Jun 29, 07 4:15 pm  · 
 · 

yay Gin!!!

For some reason I am just completely exhausted.... no clue why, just want to sleep.

Also, posted some questions on my next job hunt on a graphic design forum, and am a little disconcerted by the answers I recieved. Apparently, in GD, unsolicited resumes are not looked on kindly, and I got told that I'd better be able to knock their socks off or I shouldn't even bother. WTF? What student really CAN knock their socks off? I mean, I feel like I have it in me to knock their socks off someday, but I'm not there yet. But I guess if worse comes to worse, I can always go work at Gensler or NBBJ or similar in the graphics department, right?

Jun 29, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 

don't forget to check craigslist for job postings (but ignore the local newspapers)

Jun 29, 07 9:59 pm  · 
 · 

so everyone's out partying, TC seems very quiet.

Is anyone in here (cue echo)

Jun 29, 07 10:37 pm  · 
 · 

the whole place is quiet. i just got home from out. going to bed.

'night techno.

Jun 29, 07 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I'm in the corner with a sore throat.

Jun 29, 07 10:38 pm  · 
 · 

g'nite steven...i should be sleepy (god knows i was earlier after only one drink) but now I'm kind of in that grew area

Jun 29, 07 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

techono is only 4 posts away from 3000! yay!

(i am past the grey area, into the "fully drunk" area)

Jun 30, 07 1:52 am  · 
 · 
AP

fully drunk, checking in.

friday night @ Good World, namby's going away jam. too many franziskaner hefe weisse for me...night.

Jun 30, 07 2:16 am  · 
 · 
AP

*bottom pic - not me...but someone else with a few more beers in his belly than i...and probably a higher tolerance too.

Jun 30, 07 2:17 am  · 
 · 
Jun 30, 07 8:20 am  · 
 · 

well THAT was an inauspicious omen...

ignore that.

try this:

Jun 30, 07 8:21 am  · 
 · 

anyway. 5000 y'all. +2 now.

Jun 30, 07 8:22 am  · 
 · 

Steven I was amazed for myself after I read WK post, but now seeing that you are in the 5k region, it doesn't seem so...well...special

Jun 30, 07 9:19 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

it was a beautiful morning until the landscapers showed up at the church across the street. now it's weedwacker saturday.

Jun 30, 07 9:26 am  · 
 · 

where better to make my 3000th post than on Thread Central

I'm sparta x 10

Jun 30, 07 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I was wondering if I had been here last night.

Also: ow.

congrats architechno!

Jun 30, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

ahhh, fabulous morning. i finally got sleep after a grueling, grueling week that included an all-nighter. happy weekend, everyone! i had pancakes with sumatran cinnamon in them for breakfast and now it's off for a lazy day at the neighborhood bookstore/coffeshop/winebar and then the library and maybe my favorite little boutique inbetween. they are all on the same street right next to my house. i love living here!!!

Jun 30, 07 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
THIS

requires no explanation.

Jun 30, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

just got back from the ima where i finished copying the last chapter of the beuys book. myriam i will send you a copy on monday. i took a walk around the faboulous gardens on the lilly (prozac) estate next to the museum. very wonderful indeed. now im back home looking forward to the cubs/ brewers game and yes the freaking weed wackers are still going! wtf. at the beginning of the week i thought i was going to be in the office pushing to finish up this project i have been working on but got an email from the owner asking us to stop all work on it. so, that takes care of that for awhile.

Jun 30, 07 2:31 pm  · 
 · 

in 2003 i was part of the first class of the neighborhood planning college, basically a program sponsored by metro gov't that taught neighborhood leaders how the new merged gov't and its land development code would work.

this morning they had a 'reunion' of sorts and we spent the morning learning about how things have played out over the first four years of the merged city/county, the new code, the neighborhood planning college, and various neighborhoods' efforts. and we got to say hi to the mayor. fascinating stuff and really a wonderful effort on the part of the local planning agencies to get people involved.

louisville rocks.

Jun 30, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

vado i think steven needs a copy too.

and just out of curiousity... do you like cookies? what flavor do you like best? bummer about the project (after all that work) but i'm glad you don't have to go into the office. i am watching the dog show while i wait for the nail polish on my toes to dry. so far this is the best day i've had in a long time. it's GORGEOUS outside here!!!

Jun 30, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 

so I just spent the late morning putting up my hammock, then sleeping in until afternoon - it was beautiful. Downloading pictures now...

Jun 30, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i love cookies! but don't want any as i am out to add major numbers to my 9.4 pound weight loss. who else is eating baby carrots while watchin a ball game?

Jun 30, 07 4:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: