Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

snooker

lig....you have a Jeep....well if it is cherokee sport....you leave it at my place and we might have babies...

Jun 26, 07 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

It's a Grand Cherokee Limited. Did you get my email a week or so ago?

Jun 26, 07 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

nope...no e-mail that I know of...

Jun 26, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Offer is still open.....

Jun 26, 07 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

lig....try to email me again...I will check in the morning....

Jun 26, 07 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Email sent... Let me know if you don't receive it.

Jun 26, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Happy Wednesday, everybody.

Jun 27, 07 9:48 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Woo hoo, LIG! I bet you're counting down the hours at this point.

I get to hang out with lb and a bunch of high school kids this afternoon. Yeah!

Jun 27, 07 9:50 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Yeah, at this point I'm pretty much just running down the clock, sort of like the winning team toward the final minutes of a basketball game.

My main focus right now is getting myself moved in an orderly fashion, and getting my stuff together for my job search in NYC. Resume and cover letter are in decent shape; I just need to put together a sheet of work samples, and update my portfolio to show less academic work and more professional work.

Jun 27, 07 10:11 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

say hello to liberty bell for me!!!

Jun 27, 07 10:13 am  · 
 · 
snooker

LIG nothing....I will try to send one to you here....

Nothing even in junk mail

Jun 27, 07 10:53 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Weird.... Try dscole312 (at) gmail.com

Jun 27, 07 10:56 am  · 
 · 

archinect email has been funky for a while... squirrely tried to email me through here to meet him for lunch a couple months ago, and I didn't get it until we'd already gotten in touch, gone to lunch, and gotten back to work.

I just wanted to wish a big GOOD LUCK to Gin and namby on their big moves this weekend!!! I'm really excited for you guys, it's always awesome to start something new.

Jun 27, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 

in case i haven't said it lately - and for no reason in particular -

I LOVE ARCHINECT.

carry on.

Jun 27, 07 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Hey everyone. As much as I have been reading and posting lately I thought I should poke my head in and say "hi".

And I agree with SW. I, too, love Archinect.

Jun 27, 07 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
AP

hey rfuller! poke away, and have a blast!

my offering for today, in lieu of chia-turtle coverage, is a pic of 2 TCers on bikes:

Jun 27, 07 1:12 pm  · 
 · 

i am still alive...;.)

Jun 27, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 

whoo, namby on Afri-bike. Who's the other?

For the bikers on TC: how do you feel about helmets? I hate 'em (the sweat, the look, the head pressure, the having to carry it into a store with me), but wear one while commuting in case one of those Big Blue Bus drivers gets me, though I often forgoe it during non-rush-hour liesure trips. I get accosted by co-worker sat least once a week who demands to know whether I ALWAYS wear my helmet. I maintain that what prevents accidents is good riding, so why should a careful and courteous rider need one? I notice our namby is also going without.

Jun 27, 07 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

the other is larslarson - who also accompanied me last night to a dinner of swedish meatballs, collection of boxes on the street, purchase of antimosquito ointments, and purchase of the best handbag ever:

I had a helmet in the bike basket. When there's slow traffic & it's a relatively short trip (or no traffic, because cars are blocked out of the streets thanks to a massive, massive, massive Gay Pride event) I don't wear it. But in busier areas or in heavy traffic I wear the helmet. I am very absentminded. I just asked the people at the shop to recommend something that was lightweight with lots of ventilation.

One of my friends (from Seattle, but moved to NYC too) was killed a few years ago on her bike by being dragged by a garbage truck fo 20 blocks... so I am pretty paranoid.

Jun 27, 07 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
AP

damn. sorry to hear that. i had a few friends die in high school from motorcycle accidents, but only one due to lack of helmet...

and namby, i hope you didn't get your fix of swedish meatballs, 'cause i'm counting on some this friday night! seconds? or maybe something else from the menu...

Jun 27, 07 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

Oh yes, I still intend to consume another serving on Friday night. Don't worry!

Jun 27, 07 2:48 pm  · 
 · 

Susan that is pretty rough. I dont ever wear a helmet, now I’m thinking I should.

Steven, archinect has been pretty good lately... must be the heat.

Jun 27, 07 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
AP
Jun 27, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™
Jun 27, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

whoa - how weird is that?

AP your image choice hadn't shown up yet...and lookee loo, we picked the same one.

must be the water.

Jun 27, 07 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Where I'll be this time next week:

Jun 27, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
AP

honestly mightytrademarker, i couldn't find another image with a good 116, so i settled for the 11.6 on the Fluke meter...my dad is an auto-mechanic, and i thought of him when the meter showed up on the google search...

but i like LiG's choice better...although i haven't made it north of 77th Street yet myself.

Jun 27, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

LIG: I'm going to the WTF tread!

Seriously, I sent an email to the other addy, did you get it?

Jun 27, 07 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Still nothing... Too weird. It's not even in my spam filter.

Try any/all of these:
dscole312 (at) gmail.com
dscole312 (at) yahoo.com
dscole312 (at) comcast.net

(no spaces)

Jun 27, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

You two are welcome to use my (now public) Gmail account, the one that I created for the map. I feel bad that you can't talk to each other. Very strange.

user name: wonderk371
password: archinect

Jun 27, 07 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
adso
lb

, sorry to hear that Kirby Lockard had passed away.

obit(pdf)

Jun 27, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

mdler is rockin' out to the sweet sounds of Enya

Jun 27, 07 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

orinoco flow or what?

Jun 27, 07 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

adso,

I saw your post and went for a look. You know how important a person is when at 53 you can stop and shed a few tears for a wonderful person. Who has had a impressionable impact on your life.
Kirby was certainly one of those individuals in mine. I think I learned more about the world architecture from him than any other individual on the face of the earth. He taught people how to draw but more important he taught people how to think. This is a quality in a person
who dedicates his life to teaching which goes way beyond teaching. It is Architecture what the Man Taught.

I know LB will shed tears like myself and all of those who knew him,
he will be missed, yet his message is sent thru all of the students who had the opportunity to know him.

Jun 27, 07 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

WK - could I have your DOB and mother's maiden name? he he

Jun 27, 07 9:01 pm  · 
 · 

another pissy day. I f*cking hate engineers with attitude.

Here's the story. So after spending 3 hours sorting out 2 of 98 possible sites with the clients and project managers, we finally got them to agree on numerous grounds. I run back to office to give the engineer so he can resume his designs, and invite him to the site - he bitches on me. And I'm his line manager...wtf?

Jun 27, 07 9:02 pm  · 
 · 

and like steven I just wanted to add, I love you Thread Central. Everyone and I do mean everyone. I look forward to my evenings spent here, despite the difference in time zones I feel that I'm all at the pub with you all having a larf

Jun 27, 07 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

sorry to hear you are having a shitty day architech...

Jun 27, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Another day comes to an end... 2 work days left. (Actually only 1.5 days thanks to summer hours, but any day I have to set the alarm clock counts as a full work day in my book.) Today was a crappy day at the office, which saw me issue Addendum #497 on a renovation project where I was never permitted to field-verify the existing conditions. Imagine that.

Days like this I'm not too worried about my ability to one day own a successful architecture firm, since my current bosses can't seem to design their way out of a paper bag and yet they still own a Jaguar, a Porsche, a sailboat, and a big house on the North Shore.

I got the crap with the self-storage facility sorted out, and I was able to move about ten heavy boxes of books as well as my Eames chair into storage. The boxes of books involved the heaviest lifting, and the Eames chair involved the greatest amount of nervousness, so hopefully the rest of the move will be a breeze by comparison.

Jun 27, 07 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Hmmmmmmmmm....Eames chair

Jun 27, 07 10:43 pm  · 
 · 

LiG I wish i too could have a private practice with a mini parked out front...no need for the shagwah

Jun 27, 07 11:13 pm  · 
 · 

with an eames chair too

Jun 27, 07 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

was it smart to enter three baked goods in the county fair?

they're all due tomorrow morning. it's 8:30pm and my alsatian style soft-pretzels just hit the mixer.

still to get started on the truffled popovers with gruyere cheese...

and the cranberry/ginger scones...

wtf? am i an idiot? why didn't i look at the due dates?!?

i'll keep you posted TC...maybe post some pics later.

...depending on whether or not they turn out like they did in the test batches.

-ml

Jun 27, 07 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

don't overdue it aunt bea.

i mean mightylittle.

Jun 27, 07 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

what, a guy can't bake?

Jun 28, 07 12:19 am  · 
 · 
Katze

I want some of those truffled popovers with gruyere cheese!

Jun 28, 07 12:21 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

here's the popovers...

and the pretzel doughs, all lined up like little soldiers.

images are low res - they're from my phone. camera's at the office, of course.

more to come...i'm the late night baked good TC hijacker!

Jun 28, 07 1:08 am  · 
 · 
Katze

best of luck at the county fair! regardless of the low resolution, the pastry looks amazing!

Jun 28, 07 1:36 am  · 
 · 

truffled popovers with gruyere cheese, please! and i like some pretzels too please!
hijack, hijack...

Jun 28, 07 1:42 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

finished popovers:

and pretzels:

scones to follow!

-aunt bea

Jun 28, 07 2:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: