Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Rusty!

I've been wanting a vado button too. Noone listens.

Apr 20, 11 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

I want a vado button at my desk that will randomly post a classic vado comment to the forums.  or do nothing - either way I want vado's picture on a button - next archinect store product!

I'm only responsible for complaining and nagging until it got realized.

a humble manager?  I'm confused - everyone I've ever worked for would have taken credit.

Apr 20, 11 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Ok, wasn't sure how the last comment button would work, but I'm loving it. Thanks guys. You've won me over!

Apr 20, 11 6:47 pm  · 
 · 

toasteroven - i'm just avoiding liability by preempting the bug reports ;)

Apr 20, 11 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Paul - don't ever underestimate the importance of complaining and nagging :o)

I second vado's and toaster's posts.  Man I wish I could remember some of the posts of his infamous lyrics. Some of them are down right classics.

Apr 20, 11 9:24 pm  · 
 · 

man it feels like the pace of a Archinect, news and forum has picked up, since 3.0? Or have i just gotten busier. Seems hard to keep up...

Would the Vado button be the nect version of Conan's old Walker Texas Ranger lever?

nite all.

Apr 20, 11 10:36 pm  · 
 · 

having had the pleasure of meeting vado in person I think that button would be awesome. At one moment making some off topic comment, the next posting a video that just hits the spot... VR you are the man!

Apr 21, 11 12:34 am  · 
 · 

Really, a jump to vado's last comment button is not asking too much at all.

techno, you posted at 1234.  I seem to frequently look at the clock at 1234.

Apr 21, 11 12:36 am  · 
 · 
mantaray

I guess you could go ahead and put in a basement as long as your fixing the bathroom lavatory sink.

ha ha ha, this made me laugh!  Credit where credit is due!

Apr 21, 11 12:46 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

See nam, and I thought it was slower. Weird. Ugh, I'm still not used to the post comment button being on the bottom when I'm on my phone. I'm such a creature of habit.

Apr 21, 11 8:27 am  · 
 · 

'I want a vado button at my desk that will randomly post a classic vado comment to the forums.  or do nothing - either way I want vado's picture on a button - next archinect store product!'

Oh man, when my current electronics project is wrapped up in a couple weeks I just may have to make this!

Apr 21, 11 8:45 am  · 
 · 
Purpurina

'I want a vado button at my desk that will randomly post a classic vado comment to the forums.  or do nothing - either way I want vado's picture on a button - next archinect store product!'

Oh man, when my current electronics project is wrapped up in a couple weeks I just may have to make this!'

Oh boy! Archinect is on its way to get way too cute...

Apr 21, 11 8:54 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

purpurina - thread central is like the weird japanese convenience store of archinect - where you can find hello-kitty lunch boxes on the same shelf as dried fish heads.

Apr 21, 11 9:48 am  · 
 · 

Hey jeepers, guys, guess what, it's really happening!!  The plumbing pipe hole is turning into a total bathroom remodel!  How we're going to pay for it I have no idea, but it's proceeding as I post!

<....sigh....>

Apr 21, 11 9:54 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

that's how it always happens - I'm currently getting some work done that started out as a clogged bathtub drain.  I'm sure once we start opening other things up it'll turn into an even bigger project.

Apr 21, 11 11:21 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

we are having torrential downpours here in the delta. i'm sitting in a metal building the noise is deafening. i'm about to confess my crimes just so it will stop.

Apr 21, 11 11:35 am  · 
 · 

is there going to be a button for that too, vado?

Apr 21, 11 7:05 pm  · 
 · 

sorry, meant to say that's cool LB!

in my own wee woohoo moment, it is finally official.  i am teaching grad school studio this term with fumihiko maki. class starts in 2 weeks.

we are going to focus on the response to 3.11, which should be interesting.  i am very curious what mr maki will say about the work the students produce.

Apr 21, 11 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

maki?  congrats!!

Apr 21, 11 8:59 pm  · 
 · 

wow, what a great opportunity, jump. woohoo, indeed!

Apr 22, 11 6:50 am  · 
 · 

very cool jump... i had an opportunity to meet mr. maki last year (or maybe the year before) when he gave a lecture here at upenn... i sat across from him at the post-lecture dinner and had a chance to talk with him a bit...

Apr 22, 11 8:03 am  · 
 · 

yeah he is quite a cool guy.  82 years old or so, but still right on the ball and very charming to boot.  i was able to meet him briefly last december when he gave a lecture at a symposium our school put together, but this is first time to be anything other than background assistant type.  should be fun.

Apr 22, 11 8:51 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Heehee, the "jump to last comment" button pointed to Jump.

Sorry.  Sometimes I get my kicks from corn.

Morning!

Apr 22, 11 11:00 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i remember being really kind of drunk at a maki lecture that was held in Santa Fe when i was in grad school. He was hard to understand and not just because of the booze.

Apr 22, 11 11:27 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

that's very cool jump!

i saw maki lecture at berkeley in '85 or so. someone asked how he dealt with oil-canning on the metal skins. his response was awesome (and i'm sure part of it had to do with his japanese accent and gentle demeanor); "as long as the wrinkles are uniform, it doesn't matter."

Apr 22, 11 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

congrats jump. Blessed Earth Day to everyone... go out get some fresh air

Apr 22, 11 12:58 pm  · 
 · 

Jump, very cool. looking forward to seeing what your studio comes up with.

Apr 22, 11 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Congrats jump! Very Cool! Perhaps you can teach Mr. Maki to slap on some gargoyles on those nothing-ism facades of his.

Apr 22, 11 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

just plugging the bike sharing thread I posted earlier.

Apr 22, 11 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I don't know that Jump is a gargoyle kind of guy.  But I did like that cartoon.  It was full of history and fun, not to mention gargoyles.

So today is Good Friday, and should be a school holiday, but because of all the snow we got in February, I have to work today.  Dang global warming.

And I had to go to the post office at lunch, so I stopped at Arby's (against my better judgement) to grab a sandwich.  The Three Cheese and Bacon Angus Beef sandwich.  And they forgot the bacon!  Come on, people!  At least they gave me extra when I pointed it out.

Apr 22, 11 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Vado....sounds like you were uniformly oil canned at that lecture.

Apr 22, 11 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Woo-hoo!!!  Finally figured out my storefront.  The renderings look fab.  Keep your fingers crossed the client (and landlord) likes what I've done and won't want it "Value Engineered" to death.  These last few months at worked have sucked so a thumbs up from both parties might just be what the doctor ordered for a natural mood/confidence booster.

Apr 22, 11 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
postal

Woo-hoo!!! Jump, Melt!  Yipee!

So, vado, why am I reading this 6 hats book?  

You spoke about that book in a thread in 2009, i bought it a few months ago and read it today. 

Let me put on my red hat and tell you that it really struck a chord with the way we work at my office.  As we typically pit design architect vs. technical architect in constant battles throughout the life of the project.  It would be nice to yellow hat with them every once in a while... cause usually i want to take off my black hat and give em a nice solid kick to the throat...

Apr 22, 11 6:42 pm  · 
 · 

Soooo tired.  Spent the whole day reviewing thesis work at Ball State and I'm exhausted.  Wine, TV, and bed, that's my plan.  Except oh I forgot, I have to design my own bathroom now.

Apr 22, 11 7:14 pm  · 
 · 

sounds nice donna.

lol rusty.  yeah.  i guess he will listen to me ;-)  he is a real gentleman though.  no ego at all.  which i admire, personally.  some people are just so confident they don't need to let you know how great they are. 

just for the record, gargoyles are coolio.

@ vado, architecture lectures should always be listened to while slightly drunk.

good luck melt !

Apr 22, 11 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

donna,

I hope you had the wine went to sleep and designed your bathroom from the pillow.

"Pillow Design"  It is funny how often I work on projects in a semi consious state.

Apr 23, 11 7:57 am  · 
 · 
n_

Congrats, jump!

Hi all.  I'm sitting at my breakfast nook, looking over the Cascade mountain range and loving life right now, albeit way too busy.  

My Cuba proposal is in the hands of the US government now.  Keep your fingers crossed that they give me a research visa.  If not, new thesis topic.  Pronto.  

Apr 23, 11 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
n_

What is this Jump to Last comment you speak of, Emily?  I'm still trying to navigate my way through 3.0.  

Apr 23, 11 12:25 pm  · 
 · 

I'm just saying we should give an architect not named Frank Gehry a chance. If we can find one...

a great gaggle to end the morning with. n_ keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I'm fearing today is going to a non-productive day if I climb back into bed. I guess we'll see. Donna I think you should go with a nautical theme for the bathroom bilge pump included.... 

Apr 23, 11 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

I'll take that 300 million to not design a swoopy art museum.

Apr 23, 11 2:50 pm  · 
 · 

@n_, it is the little double arrow to the far right of the thread titles on the main forum page...

i spent 8 hours of my saturday on thesis project reviews at temple univ. today... now i'm ready to collapse...

Apr 23, 11 7:26 pm  · 
 · 

sounds fun philip.

cheers n.

that jump to last comment thing is very cool.  love it.  i am already way over the old version of the site, much as i enjoyed the simplicity of it.

Apr 23, 11 7:34 pm  · 
 · 

it was fun... some very nice work... i'm always amazed at how exhausting sitting on reviews all day can be...

Apr 23, 11 9:00 pm  · 
 · 

A salutary Sunday to all.

n_ the cuba project sounds interesting if you get approved you will have to let us know more..

off to do an easter egg hunt with my nieces in town from Canada

Apr 24, 11 12:04 pm  · 
 · 

weird... it looks like you can't post an image without adding some text to the box...

Apr 24, 11 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
AP

Apr 24, 11 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
AP

^pic from orhan's flickr...just hit an "enter" to avoid the text issue.  a space may work as well...

Apr 24, 11 3:14 pm  · 
 · 

thanks AP... i thought about that later too... y'all OK over in st. louis? that airport stuff is pretty scary... somewhere on the 'nect i saw paul congratulate you for a "win"... did you win a competition or something?

Apr 24, 11 4:05 pm  · 
 · 

Phillip - check his work status updates stream. AP's kicking ass!

Apr 24, 11 4:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: