Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Rusty!

"AWESOME!!!"

"Amazing"

You guys are silly :)

It's like discovering wonders of duct-tape for the very first time. Except not as cool.

Apr 16, 11 11:09 pm  · 
 · 

To quote the great Adam Greenfield, rusty: you're dorking my vibe.

Apr 16, 11 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Well, I don't know what that means, but I feel I've offended another person. Sorry Donna! Perhaps I should take a wee break from this site. Since the site upgrade, half the regulars are gone, and the rest are acting all grown up.

I'll just have you know, I'll miss you more than you'll miss me. So there.

Apr 17, 11 12:14 am  · 
 · 

what does dorking a vibe mean? 

ah just checked Adam Greenfield out.  still don't know what the dorking and the vibing means but the dude is pretty interesting.

Apr 17, 11 6:06 am  · 
 · 

Dorking my vibe means interrupting my flow, or smacking down my joy, or diminishing my pleasure, etc.  rusty, I'm just making a joke, no offense at all. PS I totally forgot about the amazing skip to last comment click just now, so scrolled through everything to get here.

Adam Greenfield is freaking genius.  I've learned a lot just reading his various blogs over the years.

I am about to write a tax check, actually several (for last year and this year).  Talk about a dorked-up vibe.

Apr 17, 11 10:05 am  · 
 · 

The wacky paragraph separations on v3.0? That too is dorking my vibe.

Apr 17, 11 10:06 am  · 
 · 

Actually - and this reveals the possibly disturbed nature of my relationship with this site - I was lying in bed this morning wondering if Unicorn made the jump to v3.0?  I don't think I've seen him.  Is that what you meant, rusty, that half the regulars are gone?  because surely you weren't accusing me of acting all grown up.

OK, really now: taxes

Apr 17, 11 10:09 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

You guys are just being dorky, vibe or no vibe.
Is is sacrilegious to put puzzles and transformers in an easter basket?

Apr 17, 11 11:33 am  · 
 · 

aren't easter baskets by definition sacrilegious? 

pagan fertility symbols and transformers seem great to me though - sex and violence all in one package !  but you know,  in a fun way....;-)

Apr 17, 11 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Interesting... there was no "skip to the last comment" button just now.  Hopefully it will come back

I think it's whatever floats yer boat SH, but I always thought Easter baskets were supposed to full of fake grass, peeps, jelly beans and colored eggs... and perhaps a few chocolate bunnies for safe measure.

So today I seeded my yard with clover.  The drought last summer killed a lot of my grass, and well considering I'm not a fan of grass I thought perhaps some other kind of ground cover would make for a nice change.  Clover seemed just a natural solution.  We'll shall see.

Apr 17, 11 8:05 pm  · 
 · 

i was gonna say the same thing jump... maybe it should be filled with wine and communion wafers? personally, i'll stick to jelly beans and caramel eggs... but a transformer would be cool too!

i just finished the written part of my phd field/candidacy exam... next up is an oral exam on wednesday, after which i will officially be ABD...

Apr 17, 11 8:15 pm  · 
 · 

we had bbq in the park yesterday.  about 20 people plus kids.  5 minutes walk from our flat.  we bought a bbq that we can carry on our bikes and a fold out picnic table that does the same and friends came by train and car with more goodies.  beautiful day, and food and drinks were great.  then i went home and caught up on sleep. 

that is awesome philip.  i am really looking forward to reading your dissertation.  how long have you give yourself to write it all?  my profs suggested we write articles for publication as chapters so that dissertation would be easier, and so we would get more out if the process, but i never managed to do it myself.

Apr 17, 11 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I had alot of fun paying bills.....dorked out to the max...of course that was after a fun filled weekend of doing foundation plans, framing plans, foundation details, framing details....and oh ya sleeping in late this morning.  So now I'm going to go "Sork-out"  which for those in the know ..... is a.....snoring dork!

Apr 17, 11 10:21 pm  · 
 · 

wow after a busy week sorting out wedding stuff and celebrating my birthday with the missus I come back and everything has changed. It took me 20 minutes to find my last post, and I feel completely lost in my poor attempts in following the convos

Apr 18, 11 12:03 am  · 
 · 

@jump, i'm looking forward to reading my dissertation too! i've scheduled it out over about 2 years of writing... i'm hoping to publish at least some chunks of it as journal articles, but we'll see how it goes... the first chapter is already about 50% done, so i'm hoping to write the rest of it this summer...

Apr 18, 11 8:10 am  · 
 · 
****melt

Congrats on ABD Phillip. I remember when my mom was there. She said it was bittersweet cuz she was done with all the class work yet the hard work was yet to come.

Apr 18, 11 8:35 am  · 
 · 

techno, congratulations on spending some time in the real physical world instead of here!

Apr 18, 11 9:07 am  · 
 · 

The edit button is making me lazy.

Apr 18, 11 9:08 am  · 
 · 

lol. donna.

that is very cool phillip.

your mom is right melt.  dissertation was hell to write.  coursework and even the research in the field was super fun, but writing ? man, that is a real job.  i have so much respect for those who do it for a living.

Apr 18, 11 9:38 am  · 
 · 

wow, exciting: where did the last 17hrs of discussion go? 

Apr 18, 11 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

vortex. the last 17 hours will return shortly. thank you for your patience and understanding during our experimentations with time and space.

Apr 18, 11 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

I know, Steven!  VAPORIZED!!!!

Apr 18, 11 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

Paul, if anyone is going to be my captain in a voyage in time/space experiments, I'd want it to be the smart folk at Archinect.  We will fasten our seat belts.

Apr 18, 11 2:07 pm  · 
 · 

Sorry Donna. We're were just so bummed about it being Monday that we wanted to get a little more weekend in. It was beautiful in LA yesterday!

Seriously, though, everything should be back up very soon. Sorry about the temporary mess!

Apr 18, 11 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

i was wondering what was going on too... i rebooted my 'puter thinking it might just be me...

Apr 18, 11 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Sorry to hijeck the thread but I'm looking for stone veneer maufacturers. More specifically for interior wall installation. So far the google machine just comes up with a lot o' images. Carry on.

Apr 18, 11 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

melt, I have a huge list of stone tile and veneer suppliers and installers. I'd send it to you, but the current state of 'nect doesn't allow for so. What's your general region? I can post a few here.

Also, don't ever 'hijeck' this thread again, OK?

:)

Apr 18, 11 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Sorry. The last time I tried to create a thread no one bit. Got more response on TC. We might not even need it but I have a sinking feeling what is presently there is going to be an issue for the landlord. Hopefully I can present a solution before our moody client starts a temper-tantrum. The project is in the Denver area, but our office is located in Northern KY. Thanks for your help rusty!

Apr 18, 11 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!
Bayer Stone Inc. St. Mary's, KS (800) 255-9399; (785) 437-2781 www.bayerstone.comThat's the closest (to your project) big supplier.Company called "International Marble and Granite" (Denver, CO) may be of help too, but they might have folded. All the cool companies these days are into folding.

edit: I feel like I have very little control over post formatting.
Apr 18, 11 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

melt,

Depending upon what your looking for.  This is one of my favorite real veneer stone sites.  They might be a bit for far for you but they do have alot of good information about installation.  stoneyard.com

Apr 18, 11 5:19 pm  · 
 · 

i was wondering about the time warp. although i barely noticed given my last 15 hours have felt like a blur.
nite nite all.

Apr 18, 11 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Just testing the phone posting. Sweet! Thanks guys!

Apr 19, 11 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Wasn't  i just here?

Apr 19, 11 8:34 pm  · 
 · 

I didn't even notice anything changing. I've been stuck in a full day of critiques. Some pretty beautiful work. They were asked to design a small (850 sf) live/work space. The work part were all community based, for instance - sign painter, jam maker, barber... they really stretched it. The hours quickly went by, the tasty samosas for lunch didn't hurt either

Apr 19, 11 9:19 pm  · 
 · 

Oh, heavens.  Major tornado sirens just went off, and the radar map shows an enormous bright orange/red blob looming towards our city.  Better shut down the computer.

Apr 19, 11 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Better bring the chickens in!

Apr 19, 11 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

SCREW THE CHICKENS...GET YOUR ARSHE IN THE BASEMENT....

Apr 19, 11 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
Purpurina

Scary. Donna good luck with everything. I got a mild one 3 weeks ago, lost some shingles and broken trees.

Apr 20, 11 8:26 am  · 
 · 
****melt

Donna - There were sirens here too last night.  The wind was howling and the rain was pouring on the roof.  I just rolled over and went back to bed. 

Apr 20, 11 8:28 am  · 
 · 

Thanks snook, but we don't have a basement!  We're slab on grade, which means the drain pipe from the bathroom sink that just broke is going to no doubt be a major headache.  If it's not one thing, it's another.

Thankfully no tornados last night, though.  Just some small branches down.

Apr 20, 11 8:44 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I guess you could go ahead and put in a basement as long as your fixing the bathroom lavatory sink.

Apr 20, 11 9:14 am  · 
 · 

Donna & tuna: I'll take a New England winter over tornado warnings any day, I don't know how people that live in those parts of the country can do it.

Apr 20, 11 10:25 am  · 
 · 

Very funny, snook.  I laugh as I weep.  This is a time I definitely wish I had the financial resources of many of my clients, who can decide to pint their kitchen one day and have it turn, willingly and cheerfully, into a $100,000 renovation.

Apr 20, 11 10:58 am  · 
 · 
mfrech

i just had a wild rip van winkle moment.  new archinect wow!!

Apr 20, 11 11:19 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Oh jee Donna, I do that all the time!

Apr 20, 11 11:45 am  · 
 · 
****melt

I can relate Donna!  Whenever people find out that I am interior designer 9 times out of 10 they say something to the effect that my residence must look awesome.  I usually chuckle under my breath while thinking "well if I had the money to do something, I probably very well could."

Aaron - In the Queen CIty area there is more concern for severe thuderstorm damage than tornadic activity.  Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of swirling going on up there, but the activity isn't anywhere near the size they get in Tornado Alley.  At least where I am we have the river valley hills to buffer the really strong winds.  Although now that I say that we'll have an F5 touch down near downtown tomorrow.  Murphy's Law.

Apr 20, 11 12:01 pm  · 
 · 

OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND THE JUMP TO LAST COMMENT BUTTON!   Whew, sorry for the caps, I am excited.

Paul and Alex, y'all are genius.

Apr 20, 11 12:30 pm  · 
 · 

Well, to be more precise, Archinect members should be credited for requesting this feature. Alex made the UI magic and Theo made it work with his crazy coding skills. I'm only responsible for complaining and nagging until it got realized.

Apr 20, 11 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

"I'm only responsible for complaining and nagging until it got realized."

Paul -- well, thank you for that -- and thanks also to Alex and Theo ... this makes navigation much, MUCH easier.

Apr 20, 11 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

would a jump to vado's last comment button be asking too much?

Apr 20, 11 1:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: