Archinect
anchor

i wanna talk about music

vado retro

Fortunate Son may be the greatest song ever.

Aug 28, 07 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

hell yeah

Aug 28, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

um, no

Aug 28, 07 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

I'm with Vado.

Aug 28, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

relevant then relavent now 2 minutes of KiCkAsS!

Aug 28, 07 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

this is relevant too vado... i think its one of the best songs ever

Aug 28, 07 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i thought, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQhh4Xs8RcM]this[/img] was the greatest song ever...

Aug 28, 07 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
this
Aug 28, 07 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

i've been listening to andrew bird's 'armchair apochrypha' for the last three days. genius. even the moments of unintelligible noise (which doesn't happen often).

i have limited patience for creedence. i LOVE creedence for about half an hour; then i'm done. same with the doors.

Aug 28, 07 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

the only moment i dug fortunate son any less than a lot was when i saw it on a goddamn wrangler jeans commercial few years back...

and i'm with you on armchair apocrypha, SW...'& the mysterious production of eggs' is great as well, worth checking out if you haven't heard it.

Aug 28, 07 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

im just talking about that song. actually layla is the best song ever.

Aug 28, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

some lisatori.imogen.
diane.bjork&antony

Aug 29, 07 7:44 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

some lisa.tori.imogen.
diane.bjork&antony

Aug 29, 07 7:44 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

andrew bird is genius... incredibly talented and by far one of the best live shows i have ever seen. I saw him a few years back at the logan square aud. in chicago... he played for well over 2 hours, and was so drunk at the end of it he could barely stand, but his violin/vocal/bell/guitar tangents were almost MORE impressive when he was so uninhibited... really an impressive guy who also rode his bike to his Pitchfork music festival gig in '05.

Aug 29, 07 9:39 am  · 
 · 

is logan square auditorium big? here in louisville bird's been a small-venue show. in 04-05 we saw him in the corner of a basement bar that held max 150 people. crazy good.

Aug 29, 07 11:14 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

andrew bird is pretty big here... that show at Logan Square(which holds maybe 500-600+ easily) was winter of 2005. he would now play venues like the metro or the vic, which holds 1,000+ or so at sell out... You can still catch him at small places though as he plays a lot of shows. He was at the hideout a few months ago which would probably hold about 150 as well... mabe less

Aug 29, 07 11:29 am  · 
 · 
philipb
http://www.last.fm/user/ulteri0r/

"Here I dreamt I was an architect" by the decemberists, beautiful song

Aug 29, 07 11:46 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

gogol bordello kicked my ass last night.

i am tired, my ears are still buzzing, but it was so worth it!

Aug 29, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i love weekday night concerts...

Aug 29, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

me too, but you pay for it in the morning!

oh well, that's what coffee's for.

oh, they'll be back in october @ the mayan theatre. i definitely recommend it!

Aug 29, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
cityboy9

TEXAS!
PET SHOP BOYS!
MORRISSEY!
OLIVE!
DEPECHE MODE!
THE SMITHS!
NEW ORDER!
THE CURE!
ALPHAVILLE!

Aug 29, 07 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i've seen new order...once at hollywood bowl when they released republic and the other was a few years ago when they released get ready. temptation and perfect kiss are my faves live. they also did atmosphere/love will tear us apart at the second one....

Aug 29, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

oh man, i love the smiths.

gonna try and go see moz while he's on his 10 night stand here in l.a.

Aug 29, 07 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

dammson, i'm jealous.

Aug 29, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
n_

So, am I years late on the band Boards of Canada?

My unofficial brother-in-law just sent me three of their cds because 1) he rocks and 2) he thought I would like them.

Anyone heard of them? Are they popular? Have I lost my musical touch and knowledge of obscure bands? Fuck.

Sep 10, 07 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

i'm heading out to visit my brother in Denver, and hitting up the Okkervil River concert as well as the Monolith festival...i am pretty darned psyched...

Sep 10, 07 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

anyone going to ACL this weekend?

Sep 12, 07 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

boards of canada im afraid have been pretty well known for a while now n_ but dont worry! just cause you find a band late doesn't mean they cant rock just for you! shit, i just bought my first talking heads albums only a couple years ago! and i didnt get into Death From Above 1979 till a year after they broke up!

Sep 12, 07 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

oooooh, monolith festival! the flaming lips @ red rocks! that should be good.

boards of canada, eh? i'll have to check them oot.

manu chao's latest album, la radiolina has been in constant rotation since i got it a week ago. it's really good (though not quite as good as proxima estación: esperanza) with really catchy tunes. i think some tracks will find their way to the archinect cd i've been meaning to send out for the past few months, ha ha.

Sep 12, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Cris

Manu Chao was on KCRW last week and rocked

Sep 12, 07 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I saw Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem at the Hollywood Bowl the other night.

OBSESSED.

Sep 24, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

n_

I saw that concert as well...until the 3 bottles of wine and 2 joints I had got the better part of me

Sep 24, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ahaha, i was there too!!!

puffin' away in M2!

Sep 24, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I was pukin' my brains out about three songs into the show. tumbles and I are going to the Bright Eyes / Yo La Tango show on Saturday

Sep 24, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ah, that sucks dude! where were you sitting? remember much of the show?

Sep 24, 07 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

we had great seats...in M1 I think.

Sep 24, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha, so you were right around where i was, M2.

i love the hollywood bowl. one of my favorite concert venues.

Sep 24, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

except when you bring too much booze and pot...

never again

Sep 24, 07 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Cris

you still in the 'Dena?

Sep 24, 07 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ahahahaha, that's funny.

sure am dude.

we still need to have our pasadena meetup.

Sep 24, 07 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Mdler, where you wearing a black/white striped shirt?

I saw a guy with brown hair puking his guts out after the show. He wasn't wearing an elephant thong so I couldn't tell if it was you or not.

Sep 24, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

n_

I was wearing a brown hoodie w/ a yellow inside

Sep 24, 07 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

we need to...

tumbles is here...

n_ is invited, I suppose ;)

Sep 24, 07 2:29 pm  · 
 · 

the new joe henry is sublime.

and then - coming from a completely different place - the blakes e.p. kicks my ass.

Sep 24, 07 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

OMFG!!!

NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM NEXT WEEK!

Oct 1, 07 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

haha i was wondering when that would get posted.

i just pre-orderd mine

www.radiohead.com

Oct 1, 07 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i am really looking forward to it.

plus, i'm excited @ the prospect of a tour to support it. i missed them when they toured a little over a year ago.

Oct 1, 07 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

yeah i love catching them live... 3 times ive seen them and though 1 in particular was better, they are still flat out amazing every time.

i think this whole deal is really interesting.

They are releasing without a label and distrubting almost soley by download. I will buy the full pack for 40pounds but i think its very cool that they are allowing people to just download it...

for any amount.

You name your own price to download the album. I paid 5 pounds... but ive heard you could theoretically pay 1p. though i really hope no one does that...

Oct 1, 07 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

im not, however, suprised that they've gone this route with the suprise release... remember, Thom Yorke did the exact same thing with his Eraser album. And at this point, all radiohead cares about is their core audience... they more than most bands have established such a loyal following, their relationship with that following has become pretty big. They seem to have embraced those that really love their music, and have long since stopped trying to sway new followers.

since they disk 6 was their last on their EMI contract im not suprised they just forwent the ads and stress and just release it in a way only the people who really care will need to know about it.

i hope it does really, really well and proves once in for all that you dont have to be suckered into 5-6-7 album deals just to get an album out.

Oct 1, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

amazing show last night (to which i wish i had been able to pay more attention but my 2yo was digging in the dirt and running around and...)

a local catholic k-8 school, as part of their "community outreach program" (i.e., the principal likes this kind of music and had a budget), had a free after-work concert on their lawn. mark olson (formerly of jayhawks) and tim easton played, as did a singer/songwriter friend of mine, john mann.

each of them performed solo with guitar and harmonica, with only a single mic and a guitar amp sitting on the grass. olson played recent stuff, some of his varied collaborative stuff, and some old jayhawks. tim easton is already a favorite of mine and didn't disappoint - especially with his fast guitar picking.

at the end of the night, just as it started to get dark, olson, easton, and mann all played a couple of songs together. beautiful.

and my daughter had a blast too.

Oct 2, 07 7:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: