Archinect
anchor

Dublin Architecture Firms

mr. glasses

What are the good / up and coming architecture firms in Dublin. I know of Heneghan Peng, Open Office Architects, and Grafton Architects.

Thanks,

Glasses

Feb 7, 09 2:19 pm
holz.box

boyd cody
F&D Studio
sterrin o shea
McCullough Mulvin Architects
bucholzmcevoy Architects

Feb 7, 09 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

FKL architects

Feb 7, 09 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i have to say i'm highly impressed w/ FKL. i wonder if they're hirin

Feb 7, 09 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

and a few more after a 2 min. google search...

i might be moving to dublin (except it's as expensive as copenhagen, now)

O'Donnell and Tuomey

A2

box architecture

http://www.cullenpayne.ie/Catalogue-1.html

tom de paor

hasset ducatez

GKMP architects

odos architects

a537

bates mahr

architecture republic

studio m

Feb 7, 09 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
mr. glasses

Wow, thanks for all of the quick response, there's a lot I seem to have missed.

Glasses

Feb 7, 09 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
heavymetalarchitecture

Does anyone know what its like in Dublin as far as hiring/firing?

Feb 7, 09 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

My Irish Client says it is a bit off there at the moment. The economy has taken a good whipping over the past few months. He is just a poor irish farmer so he would have a good idea as to what the economy is like.

Feb 8, 09 11:59 am  · 
 · 
kungapa

O'Donnell and Tuomey is an awesome firm. The work they produce is just plain breathtaking in its beauty. Almost like an irish version of TWBTA (or maybe TWBTA is an American version of OT).

Feb 8, 09 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
j'aime

guessing your not irish,

40% of the industry has lost their jobs, nevertheless, if your good enough, you'll get a job.....

i have a strong preference for heneghan peng on this list..

for offices not yet mentioned on the list

CAST architects
Donaghy + Dimond (just won big competition in Cork.)

Feb 8, 09 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

Heneghan Peng is a pretty hardcore office. But if you wanted some action that would be the place to go.

Look up Peter Carroll too, excellent designer but also knows a lot bout construction. But his office is v small though.

Problem is the Irish economy was v overheated and is now coming down hard. Prob next to Spain, the most overcooked RE market.
The work situation there will be just as ugly as US if not worse.

Feb 11, 09 1:53 am  · 
 · 
Eames

I work for one of the offices mentioned above but unfortunately i have heard of no firms hiring at the moment in dublin. Most of my friends have been let go or on reduced wage/hours so I would suggest securing a job before arriving as living here can be very expensive as well! at the same time, circumstances are always changing, as i know some places have won competitions recently so you may luck out in finding employment.

Feb 16, 09 6:59 am  · 
 · 

is anybody currently living in Dublin? i am moving in a couple of weeks and would like to have some contacts

Jun 7, 13 8:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: