Archinect
anchor

Hi all you fancy graphics lovers

Medit

lyrical.nl/song/3656
Jun 4, 05 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

If you find a lake on Mars, put a boat in the water ,will it then float higher or will it be deeper in the water ?
Mars are smaller than earth.

Jun 4, 05 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
freq_arch

Has anyone ever considered that Per Corell himself might be an electronic being? Maybe just a program that takes some of the core concepts from recent posts, applies a complicated algorythm routine, and replies with a jumble of somewhat related words and phrases, with a smattering of unintelligible other stuff in there just to make things interesting?
I can't explain the initial post and the 'fancy graphics' (who can?), but that's my theory - he doesn't really exist, except in code somewhere in the ether...

Jun 4, 05 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
Consider this , that I asked quite a few to come up with something that is as great as 3D-H , and yet no one have suggested a method ,where you form and create with Solids on a screen, hollow out to leave floors and walls, and by a press of a button you get a complete frame assembly.
Now again and again I described the drawback of thin computer meshes, explained why one material are better than 20 different , --- freq-arch that robot must be quite an intiligent one, or if you look at the ansvers, the architectural crowd seem to be so stuck in the old way's and the old celebrated hero's , that they forgot about innovation and brilliant visions, --- maby all that good stuff are realy replaced with architecture just as social skills.
Now where are the fact method that promise more, than 3D-H. Where are the method that make you form and shape as with clay, and produce the difficult part of it all, the actural structure, --- where are your ansver to what I write in this text ?

Jun 5, 05 7:14 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
freq-arch please let me challance your mind ; I will ask you to look at the two latest pictures, the first are the original suggestion about the roof ;

http://cgi.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/images/connect_glass.jpg

If you look closer and even read the description of 3D-H the difference shuld be obvious, the only thing these two structures hace in common are, that they are roofs ;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/06/02/PH2005060202107.jpg

But this is from my point of view not the vorse thing, --- that is that when you "borrow" th work of someone who been develobed such ansver to the architectural challance to make computers work different than with lame polygon meshes, then you can easily forget what 3D-H is about. You see 3D-H is not just a replacement of the 70' polygon meshes, 3D-H are much more, it is a method that offer you the floors and walls in a briliant new way, one that work with computers and CNC manufactoring.
Now that is what some do not like, that a brilliant idea just show to be develobed by someone that is not 87 years old one that is not a celebrated architectural Icon at live, one that never hit the front pages.

Now before in this tread someone suggested that if Per Corell would show a paper from any of your universities , everyone of the petitess critics would lick his feets, now with your words I realy wonder if you even read about what 3D-H is about, what it replace and why it is one of the best bids on a new architecture, --- have you read any of the descriptions or have you only read the jeloux words, did you see any ansver among these --- ansvers to my repeted quistion about something that is better ?

Now please look again at the two images, one was the original suggestion the other said to be the scrapped one, ---- don't you then understand my complain, when you look at the scrapped one, my complain about treading 3D-H so amatureish, treading it in such a narrow way , only to be able to form a replacement not to add anything ?

Jun 5, 05 7:34 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Isn't it just a lame thing, how an actural new thing one that bring a new architecture, can yield so much dirt so many jeloux comments, comments that all avoid the subject never touch the subject, never ansver one single question ? Ansvers that make criminal minds the Hero, make architecture into the art of robbing.

Jun 5, 05 7:42 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Now I am not robbing anyone, I am develobing a new architecture.
Then some guy will say "You can not draw as good as I can" , or "I think your drawings are amaturish" --- are they, well so was the impresionists paintings even they made a new art. Now a lot of you think architecture are just about pritty pictures and dull talk about structure you don't understand or feel, well I develobed this from plain need, not need of fame and fasion but from a wish of beauty , from knowing that there must be somthing better than just copying the old method into fast code, but oposed you, I builded the boats, made the plans made myself master those old technikes --- this is what I display.
From some of you I heard that if you are not an academic you will never move anything in the arts of architecture, you said this rumbeling your old tradisional bullyworks, just as you seen arts critics alway's been trying to replace true visions with foul words, --- in this tread some of you even progress criminal minds to be the leading edge within architecture ,now why is that ? Is it becaurse you yourself can not see, do not realise that my role , nomatter it make you jeloux or not, are to provide the method that did not show before I develobed it. Is architecture for you about harassing the new and visionary, as it allway's been among settled arts critics ? Who say that unless someone "draw" in the particular trend of the times, that then no new architecture will come ----- Please all the fantastic glasmodern coldbuilds all the postmodern glass and steel Icons, was better envisioned 80 years ago by skilled russian architects. You guy's want to replace skills with fame, you don't even read the words before you turn to your best art, bullying and arogance.

Jun 5, 05 8:39 am  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

"I am develobing a new architecture."

no, no you are not.

Jun 5, 05 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Ok I am develobing the tools that will create a new architecture.

Jun 5, 05 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
BluLiteSpcl6321

So last night I was listening to "Za Intro" by Gym Class Heros, and came across Per Corell's voice. Just like the speech replication programs in the old school Macs where you type and it talks. Used to really love how it bridges into the next song, but now when I listen to it it's like I'm reading these posts. Then when I read these posts, it's like I'm listening to the song. Now that this thread has killed my inner soul I just can't listen to it any more. I would just like to thank you. Back to my emo and my "10x10_2: 10 Critics, 100 Architects" book(AMAZING)

Jun 6, 05 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
Tim DeCoster

the post is back... AAAAAAaaaaaAAHhhhhhHHH!!!!!!!!!

running for the hills now....

persistence is good... but this!!?!!! Well, anyways - Go get 'em Per... don't let your spirit die... but it is good to re-assess your ideas from time to time though.

Jun 6, 05 1:15 pm  · 
 · 

BluLite and I are on the same page, sort of. I just read Per's comments about the Serpentine Pavilion (see news) and it occurred to me that someone should 'develob' the Per-equivalent of the Shizzolator. See www.asksnoop.com.

Jun 6, 05 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

HI

I suffered a severe head injury 8 months ago - have i missed anything?

Jun 6, 05 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

no, same stuff. however i do think Per said FAGOT a few posts up. i cannot get this thread to stop sending me responses either. now that everyone else has left the office, I'm gonna drop a few f-bombs, for i have added to this mess yet again...

Jun 6, 05 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

I have not read all of this post, but find "the gloomy Dane's" broken English utterly fascinating: it's as though he's invented a new language. It is like Meryl Streep in 'Out of Africa'. I don't understand it, but I love it. You have to hand it to the guy... he's a genius that none of us yet understands: Per, I'm on your side

Jun 10, 05 1:25 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
Thanks for the nice words, as you see it havn't been many new graphics and even it is against what I learned on the web I will say that those of you who been watching will know, that something is on it's way. -- the last month been waiting for the right moment to let go the arrow, but this is not yet the moment.
Anyway I find that architecture became way to serious -- it shuld be a joy a multible choice with fantastic new tools and new production it realy shuld be, just pointing to the Solid model and knowing that what you shaped in your mind and so easy on the screen, will be there when the structure are put together. A decade ago when I first started promoting the system on the web, the ansvers I got was "what about the rain" -- "this is rediculus where are the roof" , Now I guess the serpentine cardboard assembly will recive the same critics but what shuld be so obvious often ask so many words ; who say arts need to be stuck in critics expertations , why is it no one in this tread never ansvered with a better way, to get exactly the foundations for that building why is it academics think that _this_ is the act of architects and _that_ is the task for the engineer . Recently the critic followed that of the critics against the early impresionists ,when do critics become aware that arts and creavity are not a standstill is not measured up against if it will rain thru the "roof" --- damn there _are no roof on a 3D-H structure ; before the chinese will tell you realise that this is a structural tool ,one that will challance the dead end roads in architectural applications make a joke of postmodern box thinking by adding the flexibility that you all somewhere knew, that computers would add ---- think about it, did it yet ? Did we see anything but lame 70' computer meshes yet, building two houses for each one, one for the "shell" and another one inside the structure to hold the floors and walls.
Again what is so difficult to explain when you only know 500 english words, that if you havn't seen what this method can bring ,then you can only harm the options by grasping what you can understand -- 3D-H is a complete other world, and those of you who know the trouble just clasifying and cutting a toe to get the damned creativity to fit in a box shuld realise, ------ it is much easyer just to form and shape in Solids. Holow out add the floors , union the elevator sharfts and subtract the windows , then just press the button or go in detail to generate that frame assembly that will bring the structure, with not even one piece of paper.
Na I don't care about those elderly hippies --- I know their background I knew it all the way ,but 3D-H is not just a substitude to bring a better structure than a computermesh pipework it is _much_ more, sad thing though to think about what sort of mind that worked against this fantastic tool from the start, sad to think about that all arts and new ground allway's was met with the same aproach " We want something new, but that new thing must be something that we can already understand", --- Then how can it be something new ?

Jun 10, 05 8:04 am  · 
 · 
illogic

c'mon guys let's keep on truckin'

we gotta make this thread hit 1000

Jun 10, 05 8:32 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell
Jun 10, 05 9:08 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

wooooooooooooo!

that's hot

nice work Per!

Jun 10, 05 9:36 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Thank's , -- but what do it prove ; chop off the top and you wonder if Stonehenge is just another remain of an aincient 3D-H .
What it do not show is easy to see, it do not show how easy you place floors or rather frames to hold a floor. It don't show what a mess it would be to do this without 3D-H. it do not show that even it rain then there proberly will be quite dry inside esp. if you prepared the frames to catch the water and drain it down inside the frames.

Jun 10, 05 10:27 am  · 
 · 

"it rain then there proberly will be quite dry inside esp. if you prepared the frames to catch the water and drain it down inside the frames."

hu-wha?!?

Jun 10, 05 10:55 am  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

Holes! Holes!!!

"chop off the top and you wonder if Stonehenge is just another remain of an aincient 3D-H"

bleahhhhhh (sound of me vomiting).

But keep em coming Per, the more images you have the better. Maybe there will be something worth seeing.

Jun 10, 05 11:00 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
Now wisof that is just the trouble --- I often experienced that graphics that I would not publish as some irelevant detail was missing ,was the choice of others ; "that's a good one" ,where all I see is that ,no, this is not the full picture this is only swell forms and not the rigid issue my Pony ,or maby the graphic are made halveway in the project so I waited untill the whole structure was there.
When I say there are hundreds in the various Yahoo groups, that count is nothing when you think about, that for every one where the light equaly show the intire structure there are maby 20 where the light fall was not my choice --- still these could be the best ones ?

Jun 10, 05 11:56 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell
Jun 10, 05 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell
Jun 10, 05 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi.
About above graphic --- look just under the middle of the cylinders see where the framework sort of reach between the two bigger cylinders ontop the very small one.

Jun 10, 05 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Don't know what it is about this thing, but the skytrain project was quite amazing --- not just 3D-H but also there was only two different frames -- still this was not the only exiting that showed, here the 3D-H act as a greater framework than in other framework structures, ofcaurse the frames being just two types can be cast in concrete, still concrete and steel can be put together in a 3D-H structure, so the 3D-H provide a replacement of the common steel bars and stringers.

Jun 10, 05 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

The Skytrain station rendered in AutoCAD

Jun 10, 05 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

This proberly are a better rendering than the above ,still it only show everything about how it is acturly made in graphics, still the 3D basic drawing carry all you need.

Jun 10, 05 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Another thing the Skytrain station showed was that you can stack the 3D-H sections in various way's , when I had the designs first published I guess hardly any did see that there was acturly two framework designs.

Jun 10, 05 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Suggestion for decor of Skytrain station

Jun 10, 05 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Another decor suggestion

Jun 10, 05 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Now this Animation can take a while to load

Jun 10, 05 2:08 pm  · 
 · 

11 POSTS IN A ROW!!!

Is that some sort of archinect record?

Jun 10, 05 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Jun 10, 05 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Above there shuld be enough arguments not just to use 3D-H as a replacement for a 70' computermesh

Jun 10, 05 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

just wanted to get my name in here.

Jun 10, 05 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

Per are you using 3D Studio to render? That spotlight is HARSH!

Jun 10, 05 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

Per tour posted dated 06/10/05 11:08 bears a striking resemblelance to a hearty Full English!

Jun 10, 05 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

W. yes 3Ds , but you can't master it all --- I wish I had better time as I know how limited I use the program, also I know there are better modeling programs than those I use, b

Jun 10, 05 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

I don't know what's worse...

Jun 10, 05 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

The fact that I'm not even taking the time to page all the way to the end of this thread to post something "meaningful"...

Jun 10, 05 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

...Or the fact that I'm doing it anyway and being a lame bastard just to get the post count to 800...?

Jun 10, 05 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

we should do a per marathon post-a-thon this weekend and put this horse down....the anticipation is killing ME....i have a bottle of Cristal chilling in the icebox waiting for that moment!!!!!

Jun 10, 05 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi driftwood afterall this is a great aproach , guess preasure will rise within a week or so. ---- remember this just started it acturly is just about to start.

Jun 10, 05 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

beta-
Cristal? As in, "Cerveza por favor"?

Per-
What in the bloody hell are you talking about?

Jun 10, 05 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Sorry --- it is allready like ballancing on an edge ,but I am quite sure this tread will soon expand rapidly, things happen you know. Still this is not yet the right time to say hope you accept.

Jun 10, 05 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

Uh oh....
Sounds like Per's got something up his sleeve!

Jun 10, 05 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

he did say something super secret is coming . . .

Jun 10, 05 8:19 pm  · 
 · 

wow! the new # navigation is great! now i won't have to avoid this thread.

Jun 10, 05 10:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: