Archinect
anchor

Hi all you fancy graphics lovers

snooker-doodle-dandy

I"M OF A leGO MinD sEt...ya da 3d  printing is the way to go.

Jun 29, 13 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

The image that started the tread, For me this was just an animation of the sections in a 3dh structure put together, the image should prove it all. Each image in the animation are rendered from the 3D scene where these objects can be taken and directly manyfactored as when a 3D image can be made this is a gurantie for it can. Othervise we can just scrap the math. that gone into creating the CAD software, it is modeled in., 3dh were develobed on the AutoCAD, AutoDesk so kindly gave me, being a app. develober on the platform. Anyway round halve the arguments in this tread is, that it don't work and you can not trust a computer rendering in AutoCAD.  But as you see, it work -- true the house can need a fine touch in terms of calculating how many sections realy are needed and such issues. But also the possibility in develobing a universal assembly slot for the structure in general , -- to fit in in each overlap, making assembly much easier.m but also trying next step with 3dh, maybe first just make another structure within the house.

Jun 29, 13 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Allow me to finish this unstoppable tread;

http://www.123dapp.com/make

Also, AutoDesk give this away free, just like I hoped, if 3DH would ever be evaluated.

Porpus of this tread were to share 3dh, so it could not be patented. True, I havn't tested 123make, so I wonder if it deliver more than average, --- if it realy deliver both walls, roof and floors. If it don't it will not be me who develob it further so it can build the intire structure, if it can please continue the tread as that will change architecture compleatly.

Aug 4, 14 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
threadkilla

it has been years, dude,
and you still can't put together complete sentences
or spell, for that matter.

it is still totally unbelievable that you could put together a building, less one that is compleatly unconventional and extraordinary

Aug 5, 14 12:40 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING. It's like the last 10 years didn't happen!  Seriously though, this thread is almost 10 years old.  I think this calls for a celebration.

Aug 5, 14 1:27 am  · 
 · 
sangsuri chun

This is an architecture photo blog with images from all over the world of grand architectures. All photos are taken by me and uploads weakly.
Buildings ranging from Le Corbusier, Mies Van der Rohe to Zaha hadid, Rem Koolhaas and many more.

http://archipl.tumblr.com/

Aug 5, 14 4:09 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Treekiller, it seem like the roles changed, today they are the opposite. That misspelled words prove anything in this context realy frighten me. ; from your point of view a maste craftsman can display a wonder but if he spell bad, his creation must be jettisoned ?

What I read in your words are something quite different, that if someone don't make it exactly as you wxpect it to be made, it is worthless. Even AutoDESK must be fools from your point of view ?  Again, a house or a structure don't need to go thru a spellchecker and most serious people can trust their eyes. 

Did you even follow the link or was it from the beginning you that was the ignorant ?

Anyway it is easy to switch from words to visual. You just Click "Images" using google;

https://www.google.dk/search?q=123+build&newwindow=1&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=u_TgU4iZE-PIyAO554EY&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=936#newwindow=1&q=123+make&safe=off&tbm=isch

If you are not satisfied or have complains about what you find there , don't address it to me, complain about AutoDESK.

Aug 5, 14 11:25 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"it is still totally unbelievable that you could put together a building, less one that is compleatly unconventional and extraordinary"

This one;

Or this one ?

If you talk about the last one, then yes it is both "compleatly unconventional and extraordinary" . But both are "compleatly unconventional and extraordinary", esp. considering when they were published.

Still It is allway's easy for the class bully, he never need to compeed and put forth something being better. All he need is to say "see this guy, he think he is something". Not very productive. Realy it would be more honest to compeed by displaying something better, instead of just complaining. See, that is not  either compleatly unconventional or extraordinary". It is in fact rather ordanary.

Aug 5, 14 11:43 am  · 
 · 

Per, meet the real "Porpus of this thread." 

Aug 5, 14 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

oh my god... this thread makes me feel old...

i'm looking forward to september 28th of this year!

Aug 5, 14 7:23 pm  · 
 · 

Per Corell,

Your animation in your post from June 29th, 2013 has a precedence that can be useful for understanding the structural engineering fundamentals that applies to your concept. The system known as lamella system is one such system. This is pointed out so those on this forum can understand some precedence that can be used to derive your concept. Use of custom LVL components or CLT or some other modern engineered wood system that can be applied to make your components. The fastening mechanism needed would be similar to what are used in lamella roof system. 

Your idea isn't totally far fetch in this regard. 

Lamella is a sort of space frame arch or dome system but variations of this system has been used in more complex shape roof frames but you'll need arches and other systems to support at times for obvious reasons from an engineering perspective. Conceptually, it isn't two far-fetch but you need to do this with multiple components and need to define joinery detail.

Aug 5, 14 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
threadkilla

I'll bite, Per, and show you some of my scribbles. I need time, though - life, you see, has a way of happening -  so don't be all dismissive of things you don't even know are out there.

Having said that... Jurgen Mayer h. built one of these waffle-crate things in Spain with varying degrees of success/controversy depending on who you talk to... I'd stick to that as a "test positive", not Autodesk's functional, but a bit half baked, attempt to piggy back onto the 'maker movement'. Gregg Lynn was calling that sort of DYI fabrication thing 'custom massification' a few decades back - he cared less about the specifics of the system in its implementation, and more about the general principle of the thing, though. If I were you, I'd examine his career in relation to yours to spot where it all went someplace else...

As far as the language thing goes, you Per, should be aware
that English is not my native tongue. And though it did take a bit of a licking,
I gained command of the written portion in well under a decade, and it's still ticking!

Show me what you built, then I won't give a shit about how you spell. If you stay within abstraction (drawings), I will expect you to be master of your domain, and will continue the ridicule if you can not up your game.

Hope you are having a wonderful summer! Will post my doodles, as requested, at some indefinite point in the future.

Aug 5, 14 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Wow, this thread takes me back.  Classic "Best of Archinect".

That autodesk app looks pretty cool.

How you doing Per?  Sorry about all that heavy forum trolling back in the day.

It's good to see WonderK here too.

Aug 6, 14 8:46 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Hi, sorry the delay.

Today I paint, I still try to put a bit innovation into my things and enjoy seing new horisons in arts offcaurse combined my useal fanatism. It's not the big steps anymore, not new way's to build a boat by turning everything upside down and jettison the unnesery methods, that were only relevant becaurse "this is the way it allway's was build" . Today I enjoy beauty ; you know, that thing that was banned by greedy  builders and corrupt architects, who gave a damn about Decor. That thing that disapeared from our towns and were replaced by advertising using sex as argument to buy a product. 

I painted  Streetart for more than 12 years now, and you just need to visit Pinterest to realise my style, even there only a tiny fraction of the pieces I made are displayed;

http://www.pinterest.com/percorell/posters-for-the-walls/

Latest project I been sharing, is about Murals, where I Laser cut the huge Stencils,  I before cut with pen or cutter plotter. --- the first image in Pinterest explain that well enough, but the idea is to replace the painted canvas with the stencils I drawn and had cut in birch veneer,  MDF or Aluminium, , as why must the "works" be the paintet canvas ?   In fact "painting" that is putting the paint on the canvas,  for me became trivial, -- it is all what come before "painting", that is the real creation. as where other painters do their work with the brush in their hand, then with me everything are realised before, I have the picture in my mind and then I develob the technikes that make it possible.  I also entertain the idea that I want to offer people who want a different art on their walls the tools to make it themself.  True I produced the image and the templates, but it become something quite different when you have to paint a beautifull motiv yourself, even I prepared it.

See I can't explain my paintings anyway, not many painters can. But I can talk about all the things around them, the methods and technikes, how Murals were not ever that popular becaurse you can't take a mural with you to your new house or flat, -- but yes you can, ---  you can by buying my Stencils.  You can get a Barok Nymph or a great Streetart piece on your walls and you can paint it over and do it again a new place.

Aug 10, 14 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

A recent piece, a Decor for a copenhagen backyard.

Aug 10, 14 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Been a while. Not that I miss you.

Dec 17, 14 11:51 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Latest piece ; some 3 weeks ago. Consider to get rid of my streetname "SilverScreen" , I took it 12 years ago, becaurse the fence I use othervise display only graffiti. But I never made graffiti, allway's painted my streetart on this fence that Christiania repaired for me, and "gave" me when it gave in at a autumn Storm, some 5 years ago. --- Before it tumbled, I been spot repairing it for years.  Many many tourists had taken many foto's    "Christiania"  knew and decided to make a brand new fence.. So at a very animated party I am told, they handed me my "canvas" back. Later I was told I did thank for it. Facts though are that no one can "owe" a fence, yet when using it for 12 years as I have, replacing numerous new piece,  earn you that right, esp. being the only Streetart painter among sole graffiti painters having a good audience.  Beside most others, those who make the graffiti on the rest of the 300 meter long fence, hadn't walked out their diaper when I started. Anyway ; this is Per Corell's latest Streetart piece in Prinsessegade at Christiania in Copenhagen. Title, --- if that word has any meaning to particular in this fora, ---  "Hurra for Beauty"

Dec 17, 14 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
hugejack

Like this?

Aug 26, 15 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

This remind me how long time I was last here. this is still my latest Streetart piece

Dec 8, 17 8:51 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

As you see this is also a part of it "SilverScreen" Aka PerCorell.

Dec 8, 17 8:53 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

This is how it is perceived by the tourists

Dec 8, 17 8:56 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Just before I had this job at one of the major building sites in the north harbour , I was given two professional painters to aid me and did the templates in AutoCAD to be laser cut. This solved the problem with Graffiti as I trained the two painters how to use the big size templates -- Stencils - so if the pieces were ever vandalised it could quickly be repainted. Btw documented in photo and sketches. But most important this attitude solved a major problem.

Dec 8, 17 9:04 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

The other end of that dence

Dec 8, 17 9:05 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

As the clientwere so pleased with the first two pieces he asked for a "house number". This spotted by thousands each day, guess my prices are way to low.

Dec 8, 17 9:08 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

At my usual fence

Dec 8, 17 9:14 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

At my latest Piece. Now all I do in public spaces are also painted on canvas. Don't know what is sketch for what. But with the money spend on this, I know it will be protected.

Dec 8, 17 9:18 am  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
randomised

This thread belongs in the Archinect Hall of Fame, too bad some of the links are dead.

Dec 10, 17 1:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: