Archinect
anchor

2009 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

invest in semi-conductors.

Mar 11, 09 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
thisisck

everybody just chill...

(...i am included in the 'everybody'...)

Mar 11, 09 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
thisisck

...TheGradCafe 2008 acceptance notification dates...

Princeton - call on March 11
GSD - call/email on March 13~14
Yale - email on March 10~11

March 14th was a friday in 2008.
This year March 14th is a saturday.
I speculate that if i dont hear by this weekend, im rejected.
All rejection notifications came after the acceptance notifications.

...but no worries, i'll get in.

Mar 11, 09 11:57 pm  · 
 · 
N312

yeah, i guess i just had a melt down for a minute there. it's like the huge wave of waiting torture just hit me, but i'm calm now. this, literally, is not even mid-march yet, which was the 'earliest' i could expect to hear from school. so - i'm hoping for the best next week.

breathe ....

thanks for the support guys!

Mar 12, 09 12:17 am  · 
 · 
arkitect.wannabe

WHO GOT INTO UBC?!!?!?! SO JEALOUS

Mar 12, 09 12:33 am  · 
 · 
arkitect.wannabe

wow the stress isn't driving me insane at all......

Mar 12, 09 12:34 am  · 
 · 
batdinger

you think it's possible that schools will get back to us later than previous years because of the influx of applicants? :(

Mar 12, 09 1:08 am  · 
 · 
Workshop B

I think next weeks the week.

Lucky for me I'll be in Vegas, so I'll either be partying on the strip with a bottle of champagne if I get accepted or curled up with a box of wine in my hotel room if I don't. Either way I'll be in Vegas!

Good Luck!

Mar 12, 09 1:30 am  · 
 · 
kschmeck

This forum is as ridiculous as it is addictive. Is there a word for the thrill that results from self inflicted anxiety?

I contemplated posting that I've received acceptances from Princeton, GSD, Yale, etc., just for the frenzy it would ignite. TO CLARIFY: I HAVE NOT.

I'll be sure to contribute my fair share of commiseration when that time comes, though. Thanks for all the updates/stories in the mean time!

Mar 12, 09 1:52 am  · 
 · 
newport2009

oh 10, i didn't realize you were serious - duh. i'll volunteer too guys if you need someone to call your school/s for mo info

kschmeck, my heart stopped for you for a sec. all these highs and lows on this roller coaster....my heart can take no mo~

Mar 12, 09 2:25 am  · 
 · 
j'aime

well for the superstitious, tomorrow is Friday the 13th, the unlucky day of the year...... and tueday is st.patrick's day, a day filled with luck!, so if i don't hear today, maybe that lucky 17th might work!! lol..

weird thinking our fate has already been decided, the answers lie on some desk in wherever we are applying, just waiting for them to send one blessed email!!

Mar 12, 09 3:50 am  · 
 · 
j'aime

archca26.......i think we all take a lesson from your playbook....good call with vegas!!

Mar 12, 09 3:51 am  · 
 · 
natnatG

has the day come this time...

Mar 12, 09 7:02 am  · 
 · 
burritobrittany

j'aime---

lets just hope we dont find out on April Fool's Day

Mar 12, 09 9:03 am  · 
 · 
rsquared

ha! yes that would be very bad to find out on april fool's. that would be bordering the line between silly/cruel on the part of arch depts

Mar 12, 09 9:17 am  · 
 · 
kaysc

ok i've just decided... if archca26 is going to vegas then i'm going down to miami to drink my anxiety away... i can't handle much more of this!!!!

Mar 12, 09 9:28 am  · 
 · 
kungapa

rsquared - a lot of the top undergraduate schools let people know on April 1st.

Mar 12, 09 10:07 am  · 
 · 
gs11

My dream update from last night [3.12.09]:
Penn rejected me and told me why. They recalculated my 3.7 GPA to be 1.7 under "their new system." I woke up in relief that this was all a dream. I wish I had at least 6 hours or respite from this each day.

In the meantime, stay positive!!

Mar 12, 09 10:23 am  · 
 · 
missmeer

my boyfriend and i started dating on april fools. ;)
one year we pretended to break up as an april fools joke which prompted countless concerned phone calls and emails from family members!

Mar 12, 09 10:48 am  · 
 · 
thisisck

missmeer, thats so messed up.

Mar 12, 09 10:52 am  · 
 · 
Jola

I e-mailed MIT, and they said that they were making decisions this weeks, and to expect to hear soon!

Mar 12, 09 11:34 am  · 
 · 

woohoo good news landshark!

Mar 12, 09 11:43 am  · 
 · 
kungapa

I am actually a bit surprised they haven't made the decisions yet - I know from reasonably reliable sources that Harvard was done with their decisions two weeks ago.

Mar 12, 09 11:59 am  · 
 · 
jhooper

yeah, I heard from a friend that yale was moving into the final round last weekend.

Mar 12, 09 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

we thought it was pretty funny at the time --- and really hadn't anticipated such a response... especially since we just indicated our non "in a relationship" status on facebook.... blame our siblings for fueling the fire!

Mar 12, 09 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
di-c

Eh. My boyfriend and I were just Skyping and in front of me he was also im'ing with an M.Arch friend at Harvard (also just accepted to their phd prog.) who insists that all decisions have been made and letters mailed out 2-3 days ago. I asked and the friend said no emails... (hmmm, why the hell not? don't know if i believe him)

accept or reject - either way i guess i won't know for while since i'm abroad. boooo

for peeps in the states, i guess next week is showtime for GSD acceptances

Mar 12, 09 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
sturgey

friends at the GSD reported seeing 'tons of envelopes' in the admissions office as recent as 2 days ago. I'd expect to see letters next week and believe they'll be mailed on Friday/Saturday at the earliest. I'm in Cambridge myself, so I will probably get hit first - eep!

Mar 12, 09 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
thisisck

...you should just go to GSD and pick up the envelope yourself.

they'll appreciate it since it saves them a buck or two.

Mar 12, 09 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
natnatG

yeah, do it sturgey!

Mar 12, 09 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
N312

'tons of envelopes' sounds really scary.

good luck everyone, my mailman is late again today!!!!

Mar 12, 09 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
lala84

I just called Trish at UBC and she said they're mailing out letters next week...

Mar 12, 09 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
sturgey

hell no. I'm still scarred from last year's rejection. I think I would poop my shorts either way, and be swiftly dismissed from the building after a brief hose-down administered by all the faculty (those who are actually in a building, and not doing their own sh*t in NY, Europe or Asia). Ah yes, here we go again...

Mar 12, 09 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
N312

Thanks, lala84!!

well, next week it is then. this weekend is going to be baddddddd

this thread is definitely a ticking time bomb!

Mar 12, 09 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
lesov

yes, thank you lala84.... I actually called this morning, but got voicemail. Hung up like a crazy person. So, did you ask about your status and she wouldn't tell you, or did you just leave it at that?
Yikes, let the countdown commence. I think I can handle one more week. ugh.

Mar 12, 09 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
lala84

i asked her if i could find out the status of my application and that's what she told me... i just left it at that.

Mar 12, 09 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
lauren bebry

in the past, hasn't GSD called accepted students? Does this mean phone calls will be made this weekend? scarryyyyy.

· 
Matthew

I'm trying to type through the shaking...

Stan A. just called...a spot at Princeton + $.

I'm overwhelmed...

· 
sourdough

Very nice congrats MFC!

Getting nervous and excited about the GSD news. Thanks for the inside scoop everyone!

Mar 12, 09 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
jhooper

congrats, that's fantastic

Mar 12, 09 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
natnatG

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 12, 09 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
GiantClam

Congratulations!

Mar 12, 09 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
inigojonesin

i just want to hear from yale and gsapp...anybody know about them?

Mar 12, 09 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Fraggle

Congrats MFC!!

I wonder when Columbia will start notifying. I know that email said we would hear before April 1st. eep!

Does Columbia usually have an open house after that?

Mar 12, 09 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
ilseve

Congratulations MFC!!!!! That's so amazing! :)

Mar 12, 09 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
ilseve

Congratulations MFC!!!!! That's so amazing! :)

Mar 12, 09 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
Entasis79

MFC...Great news. I'm assuming that's your first choice??

Mar 12, 09 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
Entasis79

Is anybody going to the RPI open house on March 27th???

Mar 12, 09 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
kungapa

Congratulations MFC! So today was the day then!

· 
gs11

Congrats MFC!

· 
rsquared

nice one mfc!

Mar 12, 09 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: