Archinect
anchor

2009 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

meowkytekt

lol. that's funny

Mar 10, 09 8:29 pm  · 
 · 

Nudus Arqiteqtos % Co.

Mar 10, 09 8:29 pm  · 
 · 

chaps in the woodshop

Mar 10, 09 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
meowkytekt

okay you guys, let me know when you're ready to start designing the business cards.

Mar 10, 09 8:31 pm  · 
 · 

actually those wont provide very much protection.

Mar 10, 09 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
zahoffman

Would we be nudist only in the office? If so what do we do with client when they visit?

Nudetects.

Mar 10, 09 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
meowkytekt

well, we'd be working with such progressive minds that naturally, they would embrace our ideology and emulate us. So when they come to visit, we'll simply hand the client a towel to sit on. And, as we age we'll be sure to hire hot architecture interns to bring coffee to said meetings, ensuring a "yes" from the client at every suggestion.
Seems like a sound business model to me.

Mar 10, 09 8:41 pm  · 
 · 

You make them get naked too, or atleast make them wear these:

Mar 10, 09 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
newport2009

imsleepy, clients will have to tear their clothes off too, of course!

10, love the "chaps in the woodshop" - a brilliant stage set for a strip club act. perhaps the guys from "thunder from down under" should take a que from you! http://www.thunderfromdownunder.com/

mewokytekt, no, you should def. keep your louboutin's on while jamming on your rhino - that's sizzling hot!

Mar 10, 09 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
meowkytekt

meow

Mar 10, 09 8:52 pm  · 
 · 

me-ow

Mar 10, 09 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
meowkytekt

and naturally, my cat will have to be the office pet. His name, by the way, is Kinky Petrus Christus. (I thought it's been tad too long since we had a proper cat discussion).

Mar 10, 09 8:55 pm  · 
 · 

my cat's name is Meow

Mar 10, 09 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
newport2009

i have 3 shih tzus.

2 yr. old son: pele
8 month son: q-tip
7 month daughter: mittens

does this mean that i'm a bitch and do dogs pass the shexy test to be office pets?

Mar 10, 09 9:18 pm  · 
 · 

dogs are a little to licky for my tastes

Mar 10, 09 9:23 pm  · 
 · 

although I am a fan of the occasionally submissive muzzle-in-palm

Mar 10, 09 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
newport2009

mittens and q-tip will lick your hands off (though their tongues are like 3/8"-1/2" long) but ok, they will all stay home then. hermf......

Mar 10, 09 9:28 pm  · 
 · 

they can hang with the interns, just not in my office, don.t worry.

Mar 10, 09 9:31 pm  · 
 · 

in the area of the open-plan loft-studio demarcated as my office by the buried electric dog fence.

Mar 10, 09 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
meowkytekt

As long as the dog is small enough to comfortably nest under your arm during meetings (Ideally while you're holding a glass of bubbly in the other hand)..that should be just fine. You'll have to pick one though. You know, one dog is sexy, three is just too many (think Angelina...it was cool & sexy when she only had one kid, but it's simply too BradyBunch-ish now. Who wants to shag a mother of what, 6 kids?)

Mar 10, 09 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
newport2009

electric dog fence? ooh, that's cruel!
hm.....a furry sexy dog nested under my arm while naked, conversing w/other naked colleagues and naked clients alike will make my armpit sweatier than it really needs to be and tickly too. but i appreciate that you will at least allow one of my babies in your sexy presence.

-bitch x 3

Mar 10, 09 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
nickthegreek

amnesiac: i guess i m a bit insecure for thinking that i wont get accepted...BUUUUUT i got a phone call today from parsons...same offer as andimdone!!!

Mar 10, 09 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
Roarkschach

damn, no call from parsons for me :(

Mar 10, 09 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
meowkytekt

I'm already sorry to be getting off the nude/cat/dog conversation...but, you Parsons people: was everyone M.Arch1? Did anyone apply to the dual program? (m.arch/mfa in lighting)

Mar 10, 09 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
arkitect.wannabe

i haven't received a call from parsons either :(:(:(:(:(

Mar 10, 09 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
newport2009

i'm starting to get really discouraged as well. it seems like most of you that have been accepted have been notified by a phone call or email before getting the official notice in the mail? has anyone been accepted WITHOUT an immediate mode of communication w/a letter like the old days?

Mar 10, 09 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
DUMPTRUCK3000

fleurdelis: ive got your package! big one!!

Mar 11, 09 12:08 am  · 
 · 
joearch8

My first 2 schools replied to me by a letter in the mail.

Mar 11, 09 12:19 am  · 
 · 
CAD Mangler

@ andimdone & minime:
I got that same "not been admitted" email from UT's financial aid today. I also tried to imagine "... yet" at the end of the sentence, but it's not looking so good for me at this point. I also submitted my FAFSA pretty early, though. Who knows.

@DUMPTRUCK: yikes

Mar 11, 09 12:34 am  · 
 · 
binary

i submitted my fafsa about 2 months ago.... we'll see if that happens..thats the only thing i'm really concerned about......

Mar 11, 09 12:38 am  · 
 · 
newport2009

joentasis, thanks for keeping the hope alive~

Mar 11, 09 12:40 am  · 
 · 

ooo didn't realize the gsapp is updating their homepage... currently in "beta": http://beta.arch.columbia.edu/

Mar 11, 09 1:09 am  · 
 · 
GiantClam

Ooohhh I bet people will start hearing...

Mar 11, 09 2:44 am  · 
 · 
andimdone

actually i did not receive the fafsa "not been admitted" email from UT...yet. I was just quoting someone who posted it on the grad cafe.

So...I'm sure that means UT is still deep in argument about whether or not to take me on in 2009. I feel it - tomorrow the progressives championing my application will win this small battle against old school southern conventions.

I am waiting for your email, Texas. bring it.

Mar 11, 09 3:02 am  · 
 · 
natnatG

the day has come

Mar 11, 09 6:47 am  · 
 · 
Entasis79

I wake up every morning and the very first thing I think is....

Maybe today.

Mar 11, 09 7:38 am  · 
 · 
neongiraffe

I've been lurking around here for a while, but thought I'd finally post.

I received the FAFSA email from UT also, but it was a few days after I had received a call from the School of Architecture that I was accepted. I haven't received any confirmation from GIAC yet, so I'm thinking that's the reason for the email.

So, I don't want to give anyone false hope, but I really don't think the FAFSA email means anything more than you completed your FAFSA early and they don't have you on record as an admitted student.

Mar 11, 09 8:18 am  · 
 · 
ocotillo

Same as neongiraffe here. accepted at UT, but got the FAFSA email, and no other response from GIAC yet. I'm sure they're still in the process. Doesn't just about everybody check gradcafe? And yet there are only 10 or so MArch 1s there. Isn't the program like 40?

Mar 11, 09 9:27 am  · 
 · 
kungapa

I don't think today either. Maybe next week?

Mar 11, 09 9:57 am  · 
 · 
kungapa

I don't think today either. Maybe next week?

Mar 11, 09 9:58 am  · 
 · 
whatevertect

Yesterday my roomate got home a couple hours earlier than me from work, so I harassed him to call me if anything came in the mail, aaannd... nothing. Looks like hes getting harassed again today.

Mar 11, 09 9:59 am  · 
 · 
kaysc

i'm thinking next week for sure. crap.

Mar 11, 09 9:59 am  · 
 · 
thisisck

i got my package from GSD in my dream today.

Mar 11, 09 10:01 am  · 
 · 
natnatG

just seeing the words 'package from GSD' made me jump there...

Mar 11, 09 10:17 am  · 
 · 
gs11

I've been having very vivid dreams as well. All weirdly school/work related. I guess it means I'm thinking about this too much!

Mar 11, 09 10:22 am  · 
 · 
rsquared

or not enough! what do they say? the power of positive thinking is enormous! embrace it!

Mar 11, 09 11:50 am  · 
 · 
N312

the day hasn't come ...

although my mailman(woman?) is not here yet .... maybe ...

Mar 11, 09 11:52 am  · 
 · 
lesov

well, the pressure is on, even more than before.... my office told us yesterday that they will be laying off half of us in a month, depending on whether anything comes back on the table or it all just fizzles out (which is looking VERY likely). Now I'm wishing I hadn't put all my eggs in one basket and applied to more than one place.
I'm 99% sure I will be one of the first to go, because they know i'm leaving anyways (well, hopefully). No point in keeping me around.
I'm just feeling REALLY lucky that they even informed us... the heads up was much appreciated! Especially after reading on here how awful some places are with that.... time to start taking my personal stuff home, a bit every day.
Anyways, feeling really shit today, drank a LOT of wine last night, back at work today, and just want UBC to let me to KNOW!!!!

Mar 11, 09 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
natnatG

so i guess its tomorrow...

Mar 11, 09 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
lala84

lesov,
do you live in vancouver? it sounds like we're in similar positions.. i'm currently working too and anticipate more layoffs at my firm. i'm waiting to hear back from ubc as well.

Mar 11, 09 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: