Archinect
anchor

Finding a partner

Anob

Agan need some help in starting my business. I have a lot of experience in retail, restaurants, residential,medical ,and institutional design and construction management. 

Looking to have myself a License Architect and a partner that also has a Arch license but will serve as Construction Manager and bring his/her connections. And a intern or a junior Architect in the office. 

1) How does someone find for a business partner in Architecture?

2) What are the things i should consider in choosing a partner?

Main Fear: Im afraid of finding someone that will only want a stable paycheck and not contribute. 

Would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

May 8, 13 4:14 pm
curtkram

i will consider being your partner.  where are you?  assuming you answer the first question right, i will follow up with others.

also, you might have some questions for your potential partner to be.  huge trust thing there.  you know, if i screw up my taxes you could end up losing your shirt.

May 8, 13 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
rationalist

Honestly I've never seen a partnership that was set up like a hiring scenario or arranged marriage. It always seems to be oh, we met in school, decided to partner. Or, we met at XYZ company, loved working together, thought we could do it better. Throw yourself into the work you have right now, and keep a lookout.

May 8, 13 4:26 pm  · 
 · 

Craig's List

May 8, 13 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

I've actually heard great things about this.

May 8, 13 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I think rationalist is right.  Are you looking for a partner (who's willing to pony up $ and work for free) because you can't afford to hire an experienced employee with some of the talents you're seeking?  Your plight is understandable, but a partnership formed from the want ads, as it were, is almost certainly doomed.

May 8, 13 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

I could fill in the junior architect position ... again, depending on where you are of course. I was thinking myself about partnering with a freshly-licensed architect that needed some good design/innovation input ...
How do you see developing the office ... have some potential clients? doing competitions? etc., etc.
If you have some serious ideas in mind, let me know. With the risk involved, this might be something worthwhile looking at as a part-time/side project.

May 11, 13 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

Finding a business partner (or more than one) is the most important and most difficult business decision you will ever make. It's a LOT like getting married.

May 11, 13 1:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: