Archinect
anchor

Name that Architect and Building!!!

its spanish, i'll post some more decent fotos tomorrow when i can scan some.

May 13, 08 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

casa varsavsky, madrid?

May 14, 08 2:37 am  · 
 · 

yup indeed!

by Victoria Acebo + Angel Alonso Arquitectos.

May 14, 08 6:26 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

geez, that was tougher...

May 14, 08 11:03 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

no one? nice concrete box.... it's on the iberian peninsula...

May 14, 08 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

no sé. thought i saw it on plataforma but nothing after a quick browse. portugal?

May 14, 08 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

espana

May 14, 08 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
dia

I have seen this too - I think I saw it in a magazine - Arquitectura y Designo....

May 14, 08 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

+

May 15, 08 10:53 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

ha! best clue of the thread. Hidalgo-Hartmann - Casa Bianna. there's no end to good spanish firms is there?

May 15, 08 11:01 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah, i figured it might be too tough. i think i saw it on arkinetia.

i can't seem to find that end. it's the same w/ portuguese firms. an excellent design heritage shaping up on the iberian, and i have to say, i'm a little jealous.

May 15, 08 11:09 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

definitely jealous. I'm getting antsy in the states... my better half wants to move abroad sooner then later, and my spanish is way better then my german, so all signs point in that direction. if only the dollar wasn't considered monopoly money over there I'd pack up next week...i'll sent a postcard if i ever make it.

but I digress... this next one might be a softball for some, but an important piece of arch history nevertheless:

May 15, 08 11:26 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

hmmm, labrouste?

May 15, 08 11:33 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

exact same time period, but different part of Europe. Exterior:

May 15, 08 11:42 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

this hint might do it: the hearth, the wall, the mound, and the roof.

May 15, 08 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
kyleseyz

the "semper depot" in Vienna by Gottfried Semper

May 15, 08 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
kyleseyz

this is probably an easy one:

picture1

picture2

I didn't trust myself to actually link to the images correctly!

oh, and thank you for the clue phuyaka, I never would've been able to get it... lol

May 15, 08 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

yup... It was really late in his career, I think a seminal work for the time that really represents his ideas of tectonics and style as well as the 4 elements of architecture he formulated... it used to be a storage house for a local theater company and revived in the 90's and is now the Viennese Arts Academy studio house. It's pretty surreal walking through the massive and heavy exterior and entering such a light and frail looking space...

anyways.. kyleseyz I'll post the images of your building if you don't mind:

May 15, 08 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

is this breuer?

May 15, 08 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ahhhh dammit, i recognize this one, but i don't know who/where/what it is!?

May 15, 08 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

it is a church, right?

May 15, 08 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
kyleseyz

'tis not, but I am currently sitting in a breuer

Thanks Phuyaka!

May 15, 08 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
kyleseyz

it is a church dread

May 15, 08 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
kyleseyz

all right, I'll drop a hint. It is in a country shaped like footwear, that was at one point filled with architects that refuted rationality. (and at an earlier point it was filled with architects that were married to rationality)

May 15, 08 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
simples

ahh...good to be back and bumping my favorite thread once again!

here we go; building: chiesa dell'autostrada san giovanni batista, firenze, 1964
by: giovanni michelucci...

if anyone has anything else to post, please do so, or i will post something tomorrow...

May 18, 08 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

just to keep it going...

May 19, 08 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

Tezuka Architects - Matsunoyama Science Museum.

glad you bumped this in the news section dread... hopefully more people keep joining in. No time to post another project now.. simples you got one yet?

May 19, 08 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

spot on phuyaké (diggin' the accent mark, btw).

yeah no problem. this really has been my favorite thread lately. i've only been able to guess @ a few projects here and there, but it's still a really good one to peruse and see new and interesting things.

plus, the waiting to find out what a particular project is and who it's by is also fun.

(and where's the red dot!?)

May 19, 08 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

yea someone misspelled it like that in another thread, I like it because it makes phuyaka sound past tense (for some reason).

also an fyi... tezuka has a book out; don't have it myself but they have some really nice work. i might add it to my wishlist that no one but me checks.

May 19, 08 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

is that all corten, or something else? the ramp and the walls look different. i like ramps. especially metal ones. especially especially rusty metal ones.

May 19, 08 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, it looks to be a different shade of oxidation, but i think that ramp is corten too.

May 19, 08 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

when i purchased the tezuka book, it was cheaper to get from amazon japan and ship, then get on amazon or buy @ peter miller where everything is 2.563x more expensive than it should be...

May 19, 08 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

not to dwell on this building, but you gotta love the 3" acrylic glass wall designed to withstand 1000 kg/m of pressure from snow:

hows the monograph holz? worth it? and i'm guessing the text is also in english.. even if ordered from amazon.jp?

May 20, 08 10:47 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah, it is english and japanese. you might be able to find it stateside cheaper now. at the time, i got it for like $28 bucks incl. shipping.

peter miller was charging over $40 and amazon was close to that as well.

May 20, 08 11:16 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

it is a cool project by a cool firm. i love japanese architecture but had only recently found out about tezuka.

btw, i checked amazon.jp, but couldn't seem to find the monograph.

May 20, 08 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box
Amazon.com

- $43.50 + s&h

amazon.co.jp – 2420 yuan, shipped int’l is 3900 yuan = $37.00

peter miller - $44.00 + taxes

May 20, 08 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ahhh, it is there. thanks holz!

May 20, 08 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

oh, is it that building? I haven't seen the exterior shots before, but I know that interior with the snow-wall.

May 20, 08 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

if you grab a bunch, (i did, as gifts) the amazon.co.jp is an even better bargain. i think they got here within a week, so it's equally as fast...

May 20, 08 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

good to know.. thanks for the tip holz
i'll throw this one out there to keep the thread going:

May 20, 08 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

Castellon de la Plana, ferrater?

May 20, 08 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

got it

May 20, 08 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i'm gonna have to yield...

May 20, 08 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

or not, sweet...

another ridiculous concrete box...

and everytime i check this thread and read huanmic's quote... i laugh my a** off.

May 20, 08 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

uh oh, third page back...got some hints holz?

May 27, 08 11:59 am  · 
 · 

is that by H architects?

May 27, 08 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I'm guessing this another Chilean, or Argentinian. Its very nice.

May 27, 08 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
dia

I think agfa8x is on the right track... I have seen this but have searched to no avail... another clue please!

May 27, 08 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

ack, it is chilean...

May 28, 08 12:53 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

still no idea, but it's been fun looking through plataforma arquitectura's project of the week archives

May 28, 08 1:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: