Archinect
anchor

BURRITO TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vado retro

talk about cuba havin some za.

May 24, 07 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i think the technical term for a pizza-burrito would be calzone.

May 24, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

well, the calzone is folded.

isn't the rolled up one called stromboli?

or is that the character from pinocchio?

May 24, 07 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

it aint Grimaldi's, but I will be eating some next week...

May 24, 07 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl
mellow mushroom
May 24, 07 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

a burrito is more folded than rolled.

a stromboli is rolled, like a jelly-roll, or more like a wrap-sandwich, which is hardly the same closure technique used in a burrito. a stromboli has the sprial dough thing going on when you cut into it.

i stand by my assessment. a pizza-burrito is more similar to a calzone than to a stromboli.

what's vinnie van gogo's? pizza?

May 24, 07 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

it is in Savanah, Georgia...

I want a Samosa...and a mimosa

May 24, 07 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

fair enough, mightylittle.

i can't argue with your logic!

i still say you and mdler should have that guacamole-off.

i'll get really baked and judge! =D

May 24, 07 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

and the survey says...

May 24, 07 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

man there's a cicada in my burrito!

May 24, 07 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
mdler

tumbles

I have already had 2 burritos today...

May 24, 07 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ahahahahahahaha!!!

damn... mdler, that's funny! =D

that's me back in my junior college thespian days.

i'm in the role of "chi chi" for our school's production of scarface, the musical.

=P

May 25, 07 3:36 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

oh, fuck it!

as long as we're showing pictures! =P

May 25, 07 3:40 am  · 
 · 
mdler

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 25, 07 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha ha ha =P

actually, those images are from halloween 2001!

May 25, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

cris

I think you will fit in just fine...

May 25, 07 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

jus had one... chicken, should have taken pictures.... currently sipping cappucino.... beer soon... followed by some serious time with my pal jack D! who else is getting greased up tonight?

May 25, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

Guilty!

May 25, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha ha, yeah dude, i think among this crowd i fit in ok!

i'm thinkin' this whole weekend i'll be lit!

May 25, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

the boss's wife is a writer and is doing a piece about this kitchen here in the bay area that offers local immigrants the opportunity to come in and cook in bulk for vendor booths, food stalls, farmers market stands and what-not.

so today she came back with a bounty of fresh tamales, fried yucca and plantain chips.

not bad for a free snack.

May 25, 07 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

oh man, the hardest decision i'll make today, and i leave it in your hands...

burrito eaters of the world UNITE! you have nothing to lose but your guacamole, your carne seca and your queso fresco!

what should today's lunch be:

A - Bowl of Posole Verde, One Taco (your choice of filling), Tecate
B - Two crispy Tacos Dorados, Corona
C - Refried Bean Burrito with the works, Horchata
D - Two Tacos with Carnitas al Mole Verde, Negro Modela

or

E - Tostados de Pescado Fresco

decisions decisions decisions.

Jun 13, 07 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

D

Jun 13, 07 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

duly noted.

i'm leaning towards D or possibly E because it's 'effing hot up here today.

might switch to a Modelo Especial on account of the weather.

Jun 13, 07 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I guess it is time for Turkey Meatloaf....yuck!

Jun 13, 07 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Anyone in the Silverlake area care to join me for a burrito Thursday?

Jun 14, 07 1:59 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

d Was my first pick as well... get it crispy!

when i'm drunk i hit up chicharrones buritto...

Jun 14, 07 3:06 am  · 
 · 
mdler

hey kids, mdler is going to get a burrito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 15, 07 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

mdler, go to Yucca's...its in the Silverlake area...watch out for the hawt sawce...

Jun 15, 07 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

HOLY SHIT, DRAMA IN BURRITOVILLE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I went for my lunch time burrito to the same place where I always go...they know me, know my order, I have a bumper sticker proclaiming my love for their burritos....you get the point

anyways, I go with my boss and one of my co-workers. The place is run by an older woman and her three kids. Her husband cheated on her a while back and they are divorced, but he owns a candy store next door. A while back my boss went in to the burrito place and asked the daughter how her father was (the cheating candy store owner). Anyways, the mother got FURIOUS and yelled at her for being rude, inconsiderate, etc...

Well, we go in today and place our orders. The mother sees my boss and says 'you know, its not that I dont like you...I love everyone (she is a super Jesus freak, btw) and pray for everyone...I may not like things about you, but I dont not like you...'

it was a akward scene to say the least. I walk outside as the mother and daughter proceed to start yelling at each other...mother says something to the affect of 'well, at least I'M faithful to MY husband' (insinuating that the daughter is a slut)

On a side note, the burrito today was extra good...probabaly the best I have had;)

CRAZY JESUS FREAKS

Jul 12, 07 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
grid

I don't like pasadena

Jul 12, 07 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

was in Atwater

why dont you like Pasadena, BTW?

Jul 12, 07 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
grid

All the people from pasadena I know hype it up SO much. Every time I go I am just let down. It reminds me of suburbia - just a strange place.

Jul 12, 07 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yes! the burrito thread is back!!!

and i like pasadena.

Jul 12, 07 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
grid

i throw up in my mouth a little bit every time someone tries to make me to to pasadena.

Jul 12, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

grid

are you going to Old Town??? If so, I agree. I live on the border between Pasadena and South Pasadena (actually call myself a South Pasadenian)

Pasadena (and South Pas) is one of the few places in LA where I can actually walk to stuff (resturants, coffee shops, libraray, wine shop, hardware store, yoga studio, book stores, etc). I can also walk to the Gold Line if I want.

It has access to the freeways (I know this isnt a bragging point, per se, but it is still convienent). I can be in Downtown or Silverlake in 15min.

Pasadena has the highest concentration of resturants anywhere in the USA

We have some beautiful buildings (I live next to many Greene and Greene houses) as well as the old money Pasadena estates. We have the Arroyo, which is beautiful

It is a little more sub-urban than many parts of LA in the fact that there are more families there than in many parts of the city...not a lot of hipsters, which I like

Also, the rent in Pasadena and South Pasadena is much less than in most other places in the city (Echo Park, Silverlake, Downtown, anything west). You also get much more for your $$$

Not as gritty and dirty as other parts of LA, but I will take it

Jul 12, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

people make you go to pasadena?

do they hog tie you and throw you in the trunk of their car while they drive up fair oaks blvd.?

if it induces vomiting then just don't go!

Jul 12, 07 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i bought an old chevy truck from a guy who lived in south pasadena..i like the wide residential streets and the huge trees lining the street

Jul 12, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
grid

Cris - I said they try to make me. They aren't successful.

mdler - I like hipsters.

Jul 12, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

of course you do

Jul 12, 07 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

for those of you who dont know, Pasadena was founded by a bunch of Utopians from the mid-west...hense the very mid-western feel

Jul 12, 07 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
AlLrIgHt!
Jul 12, 07 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

'south Pas' ahahahaha.

Pasadena is a bit to east coast-ish for me.

Jul 12, 07 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I just came here to say that I had home-cooked burritos tonight. Kinda bland but lots of cheese made up for that.

Burritos.

Jul 12, 07 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
stiletta

Yeah south Pas! I get a day pass for the gold line and duck in and out of the metro: downtown Pas: crowded street mall (love the Norton Simon though); best stops are Mission and (Fillmore?) - great neighborhoods to walk around and explore with craftsman homes and a Margarita Jones: dreamy blue cadillac margaritas to sip with chicken poblano enchiladas.

Back to burritos though: Duran's Pharmacy, Monroe's, and Sadie's in Albuquerque. You don't know burritos until you've had them prepared with New Mexico's Hatch green chile.

Sublime.

Jul 13, 07 1:13 am  · 
 · 
mdler

So, the lady who owns the burrito place that I go to is a CRAZY BITCH! No more burritos from her for the mdler

also, I got a $40 parking ticket today when getting my last burrito

Jul 20, 07 3:15 pm  · 
 · 

if it ain't packaged like this, it might as well be taco-bell !!!!!!!!!

Jul 31, 07 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

today a santa rosa panini from whole foods will meet it's maker.

what's in your lunch?

Sep 26, 07 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
stiletta

uh-oh. I think we have another discussion thread: "pannini time" two 'n's' in puh-nee-nee or three? - please vote. I'm voting for three for the same vowel/consonant ratio as burrito.

Today: Veggie pannini from Rockenwagner - really - what are the chances?

Sep 27, 07 1:06 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

that's funny.

in the cafeteria @ work, today's special sandwich was called a "panini."'

i say it was called a panini, because (although it was a tasty sandwich) it wasn't really a panini.

Sep 27, 07 1:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: