Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

Living in Gin

Congrats, OutsideDream! Plenty of UC people here on archinect, so you'll be in good company.

Mar 22, 07 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

*eh hem* I'd like to point out that in 9 pt Verdana, even capitals tend to look dainty and not at all hysterical.

I don't know what font YOUR archinect uses *folded arms*

Mar 22, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

True, tzenyujuei... I'm just looking for any excuse to remain optimistic at this point.

Mar 22, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
Buckity

cpnorris - it is expensive. boggles the mind. it is a good school, and i'm glad to have been accepted - but it isn't all that.

Mar 22, 07 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

Wow, that post was really super cute Welly! The little *eh hem* and *folded arms* just made me think of a tiny munchkin cartoon character getting miffed at something.

Mar 22, 07 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

Buckity - It's certianly a good school and congratulations on your acceptance!

Mar 22, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
poisondarts

formfunction: MCP = city planning

welly: i think they were just starting to make phone calls. i'm totally cheering for you!

Mar 22, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

welly, you too? ..MARCH1 I applied for MARCH1AP

Mar 22, 07 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Big and dirty, apparently. :)

Mar 22, 07 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

outsidedream - did you get an email too???

were you a 3+ person as well?

this is starting to freak me out... cincinnati is my first choice as well....

Mar 22, 07 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

oh and congrats!!!

Mar 22, 07 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

formfunction: yeahhh :) totally dying of anticipation. After all this reading and thinking I realized MIT (I say it "mitt" like a baseball mitt) is really my first choice.

poisondarts: thank youuu! I can't wait to get home and check the mailbox for any voicemail deliveries! Oh....wait.

222: hahaha I'm glad you liked that. You'll be pleased to know that I am exactly like that in real life too, especially with the pouting. OY!

Mar 22, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

Yeah..I am specific about MIT as a top choice as well, just not very confident right now....

Mar 22, 07 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

ann - here's my two cents on cincinnati.

i really think the coop is awesome. i have a decent amount of work experience, but i'd like the opportunity to coop in a forgien country (or at least a great city in the us) and i know people who have cooped all over from there.

i dated someone at cincinnati, so ended up spending time in their undergrad studio. it seemed pretty similar to my experience for undergrad.

and, for what it's worth, i like cincinnati. it's no nyc, but i still think it's got some valuable learning experience there.

hi tzenyujuei! i'm planning an east coast road trip this summer - so i will be up to see you!!

Mar 22, 07 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I am a DAAP - UC alum. I have a 6-year professional BArch, and have worked all over. My thoughts on the program are all over this site at one point or another, so how about I email you, ann culture?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we've gone through a whole page since lunch..........

Mar 22, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
Riedell101

hey tzenyujuei! maybe i'll hop into laurilian's car when she stops off in atlanta on her road trip (which btw, i fully expect you to stop in atlanta on this road trip!!) oh, and how much time do you have next weekend while you're in town, since i know you'll be busy. i have birthday celebrations in the works for both friday and saturday nights! both with free covers, friday to fever and saturday to compound.

Mar 22, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

i was planning on at least meeting you for a birthday drink - beyond that... welll... it's busy. stupid wedding.

Mar 22, 07 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

laurilan - actually 4+ for Cincinnati...MArch I...whatever you want to call it. Yup, I got an email just a little while ago. Since they start in the summer I figured that since I hadn't heard from them, I probably didn't get in at this point. But then there was the email! I don't know how many more acceptances they'll be sending though.

Good luck, I hope I'll see you in Cincy!

Mar 22, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

yeah - i'm for the 2 yr. program - so i wouldn't be starting until the fall anyway. haven't heard anyone yet (i don't think...) accepted for that one... still holding out a little hope.

Mar 22, 07 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

no worries kristin-kai...i think pages are determined per 100 comments...regardless of size ;)

Mar 22, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Congratulations to everyone (too many to list) who just received an acceptance!

Hey, this guy/girl who just received a GSD acceptance in the mail...had they received a phone call last Friday when everyone else did or was it a surprise? Just curious.

Mar 22, 07 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Page 46!

Mar 22, 07 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
fivepass

i feel bad for next years bloggers when they have to re-read all of this to find out when they will be hearing acceptance/rejection notifications!

Mar 22, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

man...I hope it is NOT me..

Mar 22, 07 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

I'm getting anxious. It's 5:21 and in like 40 minutes I'm scramming outta the office to run for the mailbox!

But I think the big envelope yesterday means no big envelope today! That's the nature of big envelopes!

Mar 22, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

The package was a surprise - no phone call last week

Mar 22, 07 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
fivepass

222 - what program did your friend get into at gsd? m-arch 1?

Mar 22, 07 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

yeah, m.arch I

Mar 22, 07 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
fivepass

oh really..congratz...ekk also where does your friend live 222......

Mar 22, 07 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

Los Angeles

Mar 22, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

what do you guys think about this.

i'm on the Wait List, UPenn.

do I have a chance? any sugguestions?

Mar 22, 07 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
fivepass

hey you never know...i know two people who got in that may both turn it down..

Mar 22, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Anybody who puts me on a waitlist can kiss my ass.

Mar 22, 07 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Just kidding.

Mar 22, 07 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Actually, I'm not kidding unless someone is watching.

Mar 22, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

designbydesign, for march 1? If so, and I get into MIT or GSD or Columbia, I will be 90% not going to Penn, and you can have my spot!

Mar 22, 07 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

so what's the deal then....... so i'm on the UPenn wait list. I have no idea what #. man... another waiting game?

Mar 22, 07 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

well... i'm doing the 3 year +

come on, whoever got in 3 + at UPenn... send me a private message. let's talk about it.

Mar 22, 07 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

do i have a chance..... do I? why are you doing this to me Upenn... why? take me or reject me, don't fuck with me like that. don't hurt my young and sweet heart.

Mar 22, 07 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
TED

hey wonderK did you formally apply for a scholarship at the bartlett? things are a bit different here - when they say 'offer' they dont mean $$$ they mean the registar makes certain that you have all the little bits of paper together and will send you a piece of paper that is a conditional or unconditional offer - conditional would mean that you have to say 'bring an original of your diploma when you arrive to school' to prove your completion of school [just incase your transcripts are a bit ambiguous] and 'unconditional' means 'bob's your uncle'. the scholarship applications were only due 1 march so i am quit certain that nothing gets sorted formally on them till june/july. you should have looked into the mccarther scholarships [which were due i think back in jan]

which program did you get into?

Mar 22, 07 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

O.k. Here goes my prayer.

Please, God, let MIT call me tonight to tell me I've been accepted. I'll be your best friend.

Thank you,
Baboomba

Mar 22, 07 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
TED

designbydesign, penn's been lookin at your archinect post and put you on the wait list as since they felt your interest really only appears to be skin and tits-- your would be a better fit in a midwest cow town.

Mar 22, 07 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

oh shit. i'm screwed. haha.....

well come on... who doesn't like skin and tits?.... as a male (straight). Give me a break.

Well... if i can't get in to Upenn. I still have UIUC, Wash U, WU, AZ state and RISD.

I think there are more skin and tits in Phil.

Mar 22, 07 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

oops... no WU, it's UW seattle...

Mar 22, 07 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

Baboomba , groveling doesn't work ...only GRE prep courses ( so I have heard)..I feel your pain...Is MIT your top school?

Mar 22, 07 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

MIT is at/near the top. I'd say I have three top choices, each for different reasons. MIT is one of the three.

Were you at the open house in the fall?

Mar 22, 07 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

oh wait.... i figured it out why i'm on the UPenn wait list.

Dude, i'm too good. I'm over qualified. They couldn't make up their mind. Oh boy... I'm too good. Jesus. God damn. Hot damn... baby.

Mar 22, 07 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Overqualified. Same reason I was rejected by Yale.

Mar 22, 07 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

Yeah, I was there...remember the hilarious powerpoint fiasco!..I am hoping for some AP..it is now my top..only 30 ppl, though ..geesh.....I know that MIT can fit more in there! Stick me in the room with all the "technology" ...

Mar 22, 07 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

baboomba. there you go. Overqualified. You know you are good. but Yale just couldn't handle your love. Too much to handle...

Mar 22, 07 6:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: