Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

Alackrity

today I put willie fuel in my benz
listened to willie on the radio
and put on my red bandana

Mar 22, 07 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

You mean "BioWillie"? I think that's a Shell thing. I work for Shell and saw an article here about BioWillie. Man, what a stupid name.

Mar 22, 07 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

it made me buy it. I must be a sucker.

Mar 22, 07 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

Cornell should have sent both acceptance and rejections out at similar times. I figure if you havn't heard then they are still looking. There are only 15 spots with a few hundred of applicants forthe M.Arch 1 so they might be still picking over the remaining spots.

Kenya was greeeat, very eye opening visit. Our presentation was taken well at the UN also so now its just a matter of follow through. I hope we actually make a difference there.

Hi Riedell101, I was wondering who else on here knew Laurilan. How have things been? I havn't hungout with anyone in so long. I will be working in NYC this summer (hopefully) so if you are going to be up here let me know or no, I take that back, you need to come up and visit and drag some of the others along too.

Mar 22, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
glutisolator615

laurilan,

I am in California.

So does anyone know anything about Cincinnati and how it compares to other schools? It seems like a great program, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in it on this website. porquoi?

Mar 22, 07 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

I looked at Cincinnati for a while been then didn't apply. I may be wrong but it seemed to me that it wasn't as progressive as other schools. it has the co-op thing so you will get work experience while in school which is great. But I have been working at a firm for almost 3 years so I don't really need work experience while in school. Not a fit for me but I am sure it's a great place. There are a few people on here that went there for undergrad so hopefully they will chime in with their opinions for you.

Mar 22, 07 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
miami

when will this blog blow up with GSD and MIT responses!??

Mar 22, 07 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
Clairito

I think we already had the GSD blow-up.... although i am eager for MIT calls!

Mar 22, 07 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
glutisolator615

Thanks cpnorris.

since I don't have work experience that part of their program is a draw.

anyone else have any opinions?

and cpnorris are you applying to UCLA or SCIarc

Mar 22, 07 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
Buckity

Anyone know how many students in Penn's March1 program?

Mar 22, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
miami

no no.. there will be from more GSD. wait and see

Mar 22, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

no, I dont think the GSD blow up has happened yet. That damned Cambridge has not had its day on archinect yet. DAMN YOU CAMBRIDGE! Wow, I don't know where this Cambridge rage has come from. My brother/sister-in-law/niece, brother-in-law, and best friend all live there and went to or go to school there. Hm, some sort of resentment perhaps. hmm...

Mar 22, 07 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Hey, Miami, don't say that shit if it's not true. Do you really have a reason to believe that some of us might still get into GSD?

Like I said before, you're dealing with desperate people here.

Mar 22, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Clairito

oooh.. miami.. now I'm intrigued and want to run home to check the mail.

· 
Dedalus

I really feel GSD is done with acceptances. MIT should be today or tomorrow.

· 
ff33º

Do you think Adèle Naudé Santos (from MIT) calls you herself like Toshiko? ...
Man, now I am checking my phone more than this stupid thread.

Mar 22, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

I will repeat my comment from earlier in the post. My coworker got a full ride from UCLA, and got into Columbia, Yale, and PRINCETON. He has not yet heard from GSD, MIT, or Berkeley. Don't you think there is a good chance he will get into GSD? Don't you think there is still hope?

Mar 22, 07 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
Dedalus

Although some of the remaining archinecters may be sitting on a GSD waiting list as we speak...

Mar 22, 07 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
miami

i'm just trying to be positive! I too am anxiously waiting. theres no reason to think its over.

Mar 22, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
Buckity

I thought MIT didn't notify until After April 1st. No? Lemme check.

· 
baboomba

Santos is not the Mori equivalent. It is Yung Ho Chang.

· 
cpnorris

ann_culture - I did not apply to Sci ARC. I did apply to UCLA and was accepted but I don't think I'll go.

Mar 22, 07 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
Buckity

Yeah, their website says "will be mailed by April 1st" so people will hear a week or so later.

· 
miami

i agree with 2^3. theres hope.

· 
ff33º

what about the calls?..from Yung. All I know is that program is small. SO I should just chill my jets.

Mar 22, 07 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
Clairito

aaand to answer that question - a friend of mine (not on the thread) just got into gsd via postal mail.

Mar 22, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

hey PSST....dedalus up there

listen buddy. we've had this talk! haha

Mar 22, 07 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

Ok, a friend just got into GSD. Got a package in the mail. Different from the Princeton friend. Who is actually in LA right now...so he cant get his mail. Damn, I bet he has an acceptance waiting for him when he gets back.

Mar 22, 07 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

tee hee, clairito and I are talking about the same person

Mar 22, 07 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

tzenyujuei: Thanks for the update. Hopefully you're right... It's nice to think I'm at least considered "borderline". If I end up reapplying next year, I'm sure I'll have a much stronger portfolio and more complete academic credentials, so hopefully I'll end up burning some dragons on the Arts Quad sooner or later.

Sounds like an interesting project you're doing in Kenya. Hopefully some good will come out of it. It's nice to see an program with a social conscience. (I admire Auburn's Rural Studio, but they don't have an M.Arch. program, and I'd prefer a more urban focus.)

Re Cincinnati: I looked at their program as well... In fact, they were my top pick for B.Arch. programs back when I was in high school, but I didn't get accepted. I'm a Cincinnati native, so I've spent lots of time on the UC campus over the years. My impressions of the program are similar to those of cpnorris: It's a strong program that's well-regarded by practicing architects, but doesn't quite have the same progressive edge you might find at other "top tier" schools. Also, like cpnorris, I already have a fair amount of professional experience, so I decided that the co-op program would be a lot of extra hassle for me without as much benefit.

Mar 22, 07 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
miami

YOU SEE!

Mar 22, 07 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
glutisolator615

Thanks LIG and cpnorris. very helpful comments!

Mar 22, 07 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
Buckity

A lot of grad programs are 32k a year. Oddly specific number to be so common.

Mar 22, 07 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
miami

Nothing from the GSD in South Florida. but mail here takes a bit longer. the rest of you, on the other hand, may have that sparkly bubble package sitting at home right now.

Mar 22, 07 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

penn is $36K a year. most expensive I've seen

Mar 22, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Dedalus

Yeah, wellywellwell, sorry to sound the grinch. I'm one of those cats that has trouble getting all warm and bubbly but I mean no harm. I need to start finishing my posts like this: I'm rooting for you all!

Mar 22, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
archrise

Clairito, when was it today??? Argh, I wasn't so anxious till I read all of this nonsense. Damn you AP!

Mar 22, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

twotwotwo, did your friend recieve a package regular mail or FEDEX?

Mar 22, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Clairito

I know! I was sitting pretty with my UCLA acceptance. Totally please with my life and everything. Now suddenly I'm freaking out about schools I can't even afford!

His roommate called him moments ago because he'd received a package.

· 
poisondarts

MIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phone call.

but for the MCP program. guess they're a little more on the ball =)

· 
archrise

This thread has been in a state of hystaria since page...1.5?

Mar 22, 07 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

hey,...no teasing.

Mar 22, 07 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Clairito

oh my god poisondarts !!! congradulations!
eck MIT... scary.

· 
wellywellywell

OMGMOG poison HOLY SUNFISH BREAKFAST!!

Boy would I love to be in your shoesies today! CONGRATULATIONS!

If you were here I'd buy you a drink!

· 
twotwotwo

HURRAY FOR HYSTERIA!!!!

oops...forgot to turn off the Caps Lock.

Mar 22, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

YES! I got into Cincinnati! It was my #1 choice!

Don't worry, it was my #1 choice before I even knew about the rankings. Work experience was super important to me because I have none :)

I'm so excited!

Mar 22, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
Clairito

the caps lock adds more hysteria. it was a good creative choice.

Mar 22, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

what's MCP

· 
Clairito

yay OutsideDream86!! congrats!

· 
tzenyujuei

LiG, every year is different with regards to who gets in and who dosn't. For them to choose the 25 or so people to accept (assuming they are aiming for 15 who will come) is not an easy thing. I know some people in my program who didn't hear until late March/early April.

Mar 22, 07 3:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: