Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

Clairito

HA!

Mar 20, 07 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

Their application fees certainly did. Highest fee paid by me? 60$, for MICA I think. Lowest? $25, SCAD (50% any tuesday in december dontcha know!)

Mar 20, 07 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Just stopping by. Nothing for me again today. I did email a couple of schools to check and got one response saying that they were still reviewing the applications, and "We appreciate your patience".

Ha. It's going to be May and I'll finally get my letters and revive this thread, and half of you will have moved onto another forum! Ahhhh, poop.

Mar 20, 07 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

Just got back from work and yoga. Earlier today my roommate said we got no mail but I kept up my hope for that wayward letter....and I got it!

So I'm in for March I at UCLA! La di da, open houses here we go, mayhaps!

Mar 20, 07 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
Clairito

yay! congrats!

Mar 20, 07 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
zundfolge

Question for all you who have been accepted to UCLA: Has your online decision status been updated?

Mar 20, 07 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
Clairito

nope. and the system thinks i'm missing a buncha stuff.

Mar 20, 07 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

rationalist - it's the University of Manitoba. Up here in the Great White North, of course.

I don't know anybody else who's applying there.

Mar 20, 07 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

same as clairito for me.

Mar 20, 07 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

Does the GSAPP have an open house?

Just recieved my snail mail acceptance letter to the MArch I program, devoid of any information except confirmation and deposit deadlines.

Mar 20, 07 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

From the GSAPP website:

OPEN HOUSE

There will be an Open House for admitted Master of Architecture, M.S. in Advanced Architectural Design and M.S. in Architecture and Urban Design students in early April. The exact date and itinerary will be sent to admitted students in their admissions letter.

Applicants to other programs should contact their respective departments.

Hmmm, strange, I don't see the info in my letter.

Mar 20, 07 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Congrats, Balagan!

(still holding out some sliver of hope that I'll get good news from Cornell, GSAPP, or Penn)

Mar 20, 07 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

LiG, were you MArch or MSAAD?

Mar 20, 07 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

M.Arch. I

Mar 20, 07 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
sleek

congrats balagan - where r you located?

I'm in Asia and still waiting letters from gsapp and gsd.
hopefully they didnt sent out all of the letters....

has anyone in asia got letters from gsd or gsapp?

Mar 20, 07 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

Really? I'd thought you went for post-pro degrees.

Well, keep your hopes up then, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Mar 20, 07 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

balagan, in my acceptance letter to gsapp theres another note behind it which talks about the open house. it is april 4th starting at 930 am. pastries, coffee, etc. will be provided and a more detailed program will be given out then.

Mar 20, 07 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

sleek - Yeah, I'm in Taiwan, got stuff both from GSD and GSAPP already. GSD was postmarked March 9, while GSAPP was postmarked March 12.

Everybody else still waiting, hang in there!

Mar 20, 07 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
sleek

shit...so should I expect a rejection??? agghh

Mar 20, 07 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

According to the Grad Cafe site, UPenn has begun sending out acceptances.

Fat lady seems to be warming up backstage...

Mar 20, 07 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

Yeah, well, lets just hope she develops a sudden case of diarrhea...=)

Mar 20, 07 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
lullaby

balagan

do you decide where you go yet?
probably GSD? and which program?

Mar 20, 07 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
ampa

Has anyone out there been offered AP from Yale?

Thanks for this thread btw - and congrats to all!

Mar 20, 07 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

Yale doesn't do AP. You can't apply for it.

Mar 21, 07 12:00 am  · 
 · 
w3

got my UVa. rejection today - which finishes off all the schools that i applied to. here are all my stats:

uva: rejected
umich. - wait listed
accepted to uw-seattle, maryland - college park, clemson, colorado - denver.

definitely leaning toward seattle at this point, but i havn't received financial aid information from anyone yet. i visited the university of maryland on monday and they said they were hoping to have that information finalized by next week...probably a similar situation elsewhere as well. i'm currently trying to secure a trip to be at UW's open house on friday the 30th.

Mar 21, 07 12:53 am  · 
 · 
Balagan

Clemson -

Ah, so I guess they assume international applicants won't be attending huh. I just got 2 pages, the acceptance letter and another return form detailing the deadlines and fee for registration. I was planning on going to see what's going on though.

lullaby -

Well, I'm leaning towards GSD MArch II at the moment, unless anything I see at Yale or Columbia (or MIT, if I'm accepted) open houses really attract me. It's a tough choice, MArch II vs MAUD, I think I'll make my decision when I get to see more stuff and meet more people.

Mar 21, 07 12:55 am  · 
 · 
sleek

wow balagan are you actually going to go to open house from taiwan?

Mar 21, 07 1:06 am  · 
 · 
Balagan

sleek-

Yes I am, I had planned for this all along. I have friends studying at MIT, so I can crash at his place, making it much easier. I really want to make an informed decision considering the huge investment I'll be making, and I don't want to base my decision on websites and hearsay. Airfare is peanuts compared to the tuition costs and such.

It's just an excuse to go on vacation. =P

Mar 21, 07 1:10 am  · 
 · 
sleek

Thats true- good luck with everything!

btw I didnt know you applied for MArch II
I am barely at MArch I

Mar 21, 07 1:12 am  · 
 · 

no mail for me today, but my UW contact did respond to my email and let me know that they'd inform the remaining candidates of decisions sometime next week.

Mar 21, 07 1:21 am  · 
 · 
nambypambics

*hic*

Mar 21, 07 1:34 am  · 
 · 

you silly girl. You didn't even finish your second margarita, did you? I can't believe you're tipsy.

I've just met namby, and she is just as much of a sweetheart as we all assumed she was.

Mar 21, 07 1:36 am  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

balagan,

they want you to rsvp.. ill post the guys email who you are supposed to contact if youre coming tomorrow

Mar 21, 07 2:16 am  · 
 · 
Balagan

Clemson-

Sure, that would be much appreciated. Or maybe just email me?

Mar 21, 07 3:17 am  · 
 · 
laurilan

miss_j - what program did you apply to for pratt?

Mar 21, 07 8:15 am  · 
 · 
miss_j

laurilan - march 1.

rationalist/namby - that's nice you guys get to hang out. i think i'm all alone here on this continent :(

oh man.... no mail for me today also. just a real estate agent's letter. grrr.

Mar 21, 07 8:46 am  · 
 · 
charms84

just got an acceptance letter from university of miami... it arrived the country(Dominican Republic) on march 14, and it arrived at my place yesterday.... that´s not good!

well that was my backup plan... the main plan is... i dont know... in stand-by?

Mar 21, 07 8:53 am  · 
 · 
nicey

what and when are we expecting to hear from penn?
good luck today!

Mar 21, 07 9:04 am  · 
 · 
laurilan

well, congrats on an accpetance somewhere! better than nowhere, right?

i think i've hit a turning point with this whole waiting around for schools. i've been extremely stressed out about it, but i think i've finally calmed down.

but it might also be because i have a plan b firmly in place now (just in case)- and that is always a relief!

Mar 21, 07 9:06 am  · 
 · 
charms84

has anyone being accepted to the M.S. Advanced Architectural design program at gsapp?

Mar 21, 07 9:16 am  · 
 · 
miss_j

laurilan - thanks! yes, I am relieved. but 5 more to go and i can't make a decision until i hear from all of them. my plan b is to do what i'm doing now and i don't really like that plan. at the same time i can't really believe i might actually go to archi grad school in the US in a couple of months.

Mar 21, 07 9:26 am  · 
 · 
miss_j

charms - congrats! airmail takes bloody ages...I'm desperately waiting for my Columbia letter to arrive.

going to bed now. good morning to you guys and good luck!!

Mar 21, 07 9:31 am  · 
 · 
haano

UPenn! 3yr M.Arch1
(I live in a suburb of Philly, big envelope, 3.19 postmark)

Mar 21, 07 9:44 am  · 
 · 
lullaby

Balagan

I am going to MAUD.
But i am not sure attending open house.
I'm NYC but I am working.

I have'ne heard about M.arch 2 yet.
But I have M.arch degree so...I am interesting studying Urban issue now.

Mar 21, 07 9:44 am  · 
 · 
charms84

miss_j, i havent heard from gsapp, that´s why i´m asking. :O( i live far away...

Mar 21, 07 10:03 am  · 
 · 
tokyoDrifter

Namby, are you back?

Mar 21, 07 10:09 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Congrats, haano!

Mar 21, 07 10:09 am  · 
 · 
Riedell101

back to what was said earlier, about eveyone who doesn't get accepted anywhere all living together in some great city: this would be great! we could proposition mtv into funding it as their next real world project. "what happens when architects stop being nice and start getting real? the real world <enter totally kickass city here>"

Mar 21, 07 10:45 am  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

Sardinia. Check it out. It's like Sicily but cooler, and they have THEIR OWN ARCHITECTURE SCHOOL. I almost applied. Except for that whole Italian thing, which I don't speak.

Real Word: Sardinia

Mar 21, 07 10:47 am  · 
 · 
poisondarts

welly: congrats on UCLA! more decisions to make! (with this lingering cold in DC, i'm regretting only applying to places even colder than here)

Mar 21, 07 10:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: