Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

Living in Gin

Now I'm really feeling left out of the party... Either my mail service sucks, or I'm still in Mr. Stern's "maybe" pile.

Mar 19, 07 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

LIG, thanks for asking about the presentation. Just call me Iceman. Presentation went off without a hitch, even with only three hours of sleep and all the beer. Interviewed all day with eight different people. Smooth as silk, but dying on the inside.

Sounds from Kalyani's e-mail like we might need three ski masks.

Mar 19, 07 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Hey, let's take a poll. How many people think WonderK and I would make a good couple?

Mar 19, 07 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Bob, you're on notice.

Mar 19, 07 10:34 pm  · 
 · 

lol everyone, this thread is good times, even in the bad times.

Mar 19, 07 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
bUbBLe

cheer up ;)

Mar 19, 07 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Well, I just sent in my last assignments for my winter quarter at DePaul. I now have the next two weeks free to obsess over grad school full-time.

Mar 19, 07 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
lullaby

I am in MAUD at GSD.
got a letter today.

Mar 19, 07 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Aw, I feel so missed! baboomba, I am here! Hi Kalyani!

I am here. I was busy posting my pictures from the weekend and other random tasks.

I really don't have anything to report. I keep thinking I will come home to something in the mailbox but nothing yet. I also still can't get on UT's admissions check site. I think I will make some calls tomorrow to make sure that I am not missing anything. I have decided that since my application deadlines were Feb 1 that it is perfectly reasonable to assume that they would need a full 6 weeks to make decisions and such. Or at least that is what I am telling myself!

Man it's rough not having any company. At least then maybe I don't have as much misery? :o/

Mar 19, 07 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
miss_j

nice photos wonderK!
the river looks gross though. you americans are pretty weird.

hey Balagan - enjoyed the race on the weekend? i couldn't see the cars..heard them, but i saw the planes! the fighter jet was soooo cool!!!

no mail for me today either :(

Mar 20, 07 12:16 am  · 
 · 

congrats lullaby! Do you think m.arch2 is a no-go? I've already given up on the gsd.

Mar 20, 07 12:22 am  · 
 · 
AP

congrats to all accepted,

and positive vibes of patience and confidence to those of you still waiting to hear.

i admit to barely skimming this thread...see, i'm not applying until next year, so i'm here to see how LiG, rationalist, WonderK and other friends are faring, and also to get an idea of the time table so that i can avoid next year's version of this thread (and the associated anxiety)...

jasoncross, cpnorris and others - i've only heard great things about UT Austin.
many UFlorida professors respect the UT program, and often encourage students to consider it in addition to the typical list of schools in the Northeast. In fact, an acquaintance from undergrad (a year ahead of me) decided to attend UT a year or so ago even though he was also accepted to Princeton and GSD. Just a few days ago one of my good friends from UF informed me that she was accepted to a handful of schools, including Princeton, Yale and UT (UT offered a full tuition scholarship).

jason,
congrats on the child, and best of luck managing school and fatherhood.

Mar 20, 07 12:25 am  · 
 · 
lullaby

neat

I don't know. there was no infomation about M.arch2 yet.
maybe not....

I sent 2 times my portfolio to M.arch 2 program due to they didn't find mine, so I knew some bad thing was going to the process.

don't give up and keep your hopes up!

Mar 20, 07 12:38 am  · 
 · 

40 pages!!! good luck tuesday comin' right up....

Mar 20, 07 1:34 am  · 
 · 
broccolijet

wow...again congrats to all!

with the recent spate of ucla m.arch I acceptances announced today (that were postmarked march 15), i certainly feel my chances are evaporating quickly though...especially since i live in la.

disconcerting, to say the least.

Mar 20, 07 1:42 am  · 
 · 
Alackrity

to those who dont get accepteded,

wanna move anyway?

Mar 20, 07 2:14 am  · 
 · 
Alackrity

*accepted

I mean, why not?

Mar 20, 07 2:16 am  · 
 · 
haano

good luck today

Mar 20, 07 7:35 am  · 
 · 
charms84

i have not heard a word!
not from columbia, parsons, nor mit
i noticed that the people who have been notified most of them applied to march I program, do they notify per program?
anyways i live in the dominican republic, far away, and not the best postal office..

Mar 20, 07 8:58 am  · 
 · 
Dedalus

Don't worry, MIT is sending out responses today and tomorrow.

Mar 20, 07 9:34 am  · 
 · 
charms84

i´ll try not to worry!
at least i now know that mit will send their decision shortly...
i´ve written all of them asking if they already sent their decision, and they just dont answer!
:O(
i´m starting to have nightmares!
ahhh

Mar 20, 07 9:39 am  · 
 · 
poisondarts

does MIT mail responses for M.Arch? they've got a nifty website for the planning program, and it just mocks me by saying "Decisions will be made during the third week in March."

one COULD argue that was last week. =)

Mar 20, 07 9:51 am  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

has anyone that heard from toshiko about M.Arch I recieved anything in the mail yet?

Mar 20, 07 10:02 am  · 
 · 
nicey

not yet...

Mar 20, 07 10:30 am  · 
 · 
ff33Āŗ

I called MIT ...They said the end of the week was when they were mailing....I hope I am one of the 30.

Mar 20, 07 10:32 am  · 
 · 
charms84

mailing both rejections and acceptances right?

i hope so!

Mar 20, 07 10:48 am  · 
 · 
Dc.

I've been actively following the thread from the outside waiting for my own mail, so I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring with what I've got so far in case theres any other LArch lurchers...

Accepted
UMich MUD: 3.7

Rejected:
WashU MUD: 3.9
UVA MLA: 3.19

Still waiting...
Harvard MLAUD
UPenn MLA
OSU MLA

Mar 20, 07 11:16 am  · 
 · 
ff33Āŗ

Don;t have nightmares....I know it sucks...seems like everyone makes you wait, then POW..rejected!

If they don;t pick me..I'll have to kick their asses on the 2007 Solar Decathlon in October!

Mar 20, 07 11:22 am  · 
 · 
charms84

hahahaha
i hope i hear something from them, even if it is a rejection... i want no doubts! :O)

Mar 20, 07 11:26 am  · 
 · 
ff33Āŗ

charms,
did you get in anywhere else?

Mar 20, 07 11:28 am  · 
 · 
Entasis79

FormFunction,
Which team are you on?
I really would love to head down to DC to check out all the entrants. It seems like such a great competition.

Mar 20, 07 11:28 am  · 
 · 
charms84

nope, nowhere...
it´s exasperating!

i live a little far away, dominican republic, but i thought they notified international students earlier... uhmmm maybe it means i didnt get in...

crap!

Mar 20, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 
theTracer

test

Mar 20, 07 11:37 am  · 
 · 
ff33Āŗ

Colorado ... Come down in Oct...and say hi! I would love to meet other nectors!...actually I will only be there if I don;t get into GSchool...You see..I would much rather NOT be there...because that would mean I was sleepless and broke, but in Grad School somewhere.

Win or loose, accepted or rejected ...Either way..it promises to be a fun year!

Charms, I am don;t know..it ain't over till its over.

Mar 20, 07 11:47 am  · 
 · 
jekle

accepted to columbia (mail yesterday)
rejected from yale
accepted to parsons (phone call a week ago)

still need to hear from MIT and Penn

all M.Arch I

Mar 20, 07 11:49 am  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

congrats jekle! whats your top choice?

Mar 20, 07 11:52 am  · 
 · 
charms84

has anyone been accepted to the advanced architectural desing program (columbia)???

or M.arch II at parsons???

Mar 20, 07 11:52 am  · 
 · 
jekle

columbia, so i am very excited

Mar 20, 07 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

ah, siesta. Dinner at midnight.

Mar 20, 07 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

thats why dinner is at midnight I think.

Mar 20, 07 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

I lived in Portugal for a bit and loved it.

Sardines cooked over a warm trashcan was amazing until I saw where they were catching the sardines.

:)

Mar 20, 07 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

I have to say, Yesterday was the last exhale of my axiety over getting notification. All last week I was biting my nails.

Now i'm cool with it again.

The idea of a change in scenery has become a part of the plan though. We are getting excited researching cities now, much like we did researching Architecture programs.

Mar 20, 07 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
Dedalus

I'm noticing a lack of reports from the GSD since Friday. It appears the rest of us that haven't heard are waiting on rejection row.

Mar 20, 07 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

American Idol has taught me how to deal with it.

Mar 20, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

sometimes this is what happens when you call to ask when decisions will go out: they inform you that they have absolutely no intention of letting a scrap of information leave their office until April 1st. Bloody cheek, when their 'admissions weekend' is the weekend OF April first. When I mentioned this, they said, "well they're can to take as long as they want really." This is the first negative communication experience I've had with MICA. I'll chalk it up to too many people asking the same question.

Mar 20, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
seopee

Dedalus, I'm with you (not that i wAnt a rejection, and I know Berkeley hasn't exactly sent out their wave of decisions yet, but I've resigned myself to no grad school for next year haha).

my plan B is to finally enroll in a serious japanese language study program and stay in japan for another year. my mom's plan B is for me to move to Korea and live with her and my dad and teach English. <-- not my cup of tea -- i have no idea whether i'd reapply next year either.

Btw, congrats to all who got accepted!! it's been awesome reading this thread and realizing how many talented and well-deserving people we got on here. i've been quiet cause like i said, march 21 is when i'm finally going to bust out with all of my "why haven't i heard back from berkeley yet?!!" cries of distress.

So anyway. Tomorrow is March 21. (at least on this side of the globe). Actually, it seems like all the Berkeley city planning people heard back around the 10th, so I'm not sure if the fact that I never got an email from the planning dept means -- anything? or if they're waiting to package both mcp and m.arch rejections together in one shebang.

hahaha. i get my commiseration done in biweekly spurts :P. good luck to all. i hope those of us waiting on berk get GOOD NEWS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!! :D

Mar 20, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

Okay, Deda, I have to say....I've noticed that your comments have been pretty negative. I know you're anxious, we're all anxious with you, but try to contain the "if you're not in by now you're obviously out" rhetoric. It's not helping!!

Mar 20, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

brer M.: yea let's move! i think everyone who gets rejected should all move into one giant loft in some cool city! we could all work on project together and make our portfolios and applications amazing!

Mar 20, 07 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Commiserating thread: 40 pages
Supposed mailing date for slantsix's school: March 9

Not hearing anything by March 20: Priceless.

Yeah, that was bad. I don't have the energy to worry anymore. I'm hardly disappointed when there's no mail, because, hey, I figure it just may not come at this point.

I think I'll finish this coffee and get on the phone to find out what's going on.

Mar 20, 07 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

don't let him bug you. thats his sole purpose of being here. don't listen to a word he says. he is dedalus, para2 and uzshef.

Mar 20, 07 12:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: