Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

vado retro

from "farewell my lovely"...

I squeezed her hand back. "Did he borrow from you?"

You’re a little old-fashioned aren’t you?" She looked down at the hand I was holding.

"I’m still working. And your Scotch is so good it keeps me half-sober. Not that I’d have to be drunk—"

"Yes." She drew her hand out of mine and rubbed it… "Kiss me…"

Mar 15, 07 3:46 pm  · 
 · 

classic, vado...

I should get a pocket copy of Chandler, with a built-in flask. wait, that's just ridiculous.

----

you know the thread is going down the tubes when on any given page alcoholic posts outnumber the rest.

Mar 15, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

scotch...getting people laid for over 600 years.

[or however long scotch has been around]

Mar 15, 07 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

anybody ever taken a shot of:

liquid cocaine: equal parts goldschlager, 151, and jagermeister

or

3 wisemen: equal parts jack daniels, jim beam, jose cuervo

any one of these will gaurantee to get you laid or thrown up on, which ever comes first...

disclaimer: i do not condone the use of feeding unwitting college sorority girls any alcohol with the intention to pillow them...

Mar 15, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
Riedell101

taken a shot of both of them, liquid cocaine i like, 3 wiseman was a horrible joke played on me one birthday. i very much did not enjoy that shot!!

Mar 15, 07 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

'cocaine is a hell of a drug'

Mar 15, 07 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
nicey

still nothing from princeton...

Mar 15, 07 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

i prefer my cocaine dry, thank you.

Mar 15, 07 4:19 pm  · 
 · 

sorry that you haven't heard anything yet nicey. but considering the batch of e-jections has passed, you still have a shot!

off topic again: isn't it fitting that a post on princeton is sandwiched by two cocaine posts?

Mar 15, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 

one hour till the mail lady comes. better go outside and make sure nobody's car is blocking the mailbox, 'else she won't deliver.

Mar 15, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

California College of the Arts (CCA) is not a good school.

I mean yeah it's in SF. it is not a good school for architecture.

I was going to apply CCA, but then... no, that's a school for those who can't get good GPA or don't wanna take the GRE or Math/Physics.

Anyway. It's good that some of you got in. Use it as a backup. That's what I would do.

Mar 15, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

Oh, you know how some schools required Physics. What if you don't have that completed. What is going to happen? Comments?

Mar 15, 07 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

Just got an acceptance letter from UCincy, which is cool, but they want a response by March 31, which seems early given that some schools don't seem to be sending out responses until April 1...

Mar 15, 07 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

uh-oh...i can hear rationalist stomping down the hall...

Mar 15, 07 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

btw, a 3 wise men was shots 17, 18, and 19 on my 21st birthday. certainly nothing wise about it, since i ended up sleeping until noon the next day in a pool of my own urine.

[[thanks for sharing broccolijet]]

Mar 15, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

he said cca wasn't good for arch. rationalist is going for graphic design, which is usually part of the traditional arts programs...no?

Mar 15, 07 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

yeah i know froccli, but you have to admit the tenor is still pretty antagonistic towards the school in general.

i'm just itching to watch a throw-down!

Mar 15, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

i said cca wasn't good for arch. because i have more than 5 friends over there. they told me they would go elso where... it's an art school, not an architecture school... the one across the bay bridge has a better program. CCA graphic design is alright. I have friends over there too. Nothing too crazy like RISD. Anyway. it's a better place for graphic than architecture.

Mar 15, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
Riedell101

that is the best tidbit of info i've heard in a long time! and i love dark beer, so it works for me!

Mar 15, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
designbydesign

dark beer usually make the ladies wet

Mar 15, 07 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

gotcha dxd...i'm just having some fun with you and our friend rationalist.

Mar 15, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

especially if you spill it on them

Mar 15, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

OHHHH SNAP! Brocs you are hilarious! hahaha

Mar 15, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 

my you guys have been busy while I was at lunch.... don't know why the CCA bashing started, but it makes no difference to me. I feel like I'm pretty clear on the status/reputation/strengths/weaknesses of all the programs I've applied to, so there's no random commentary that's going to get me in a tizzy about it.

Mar 15, 07 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
nicey

there it is. e-ject.

mmm...margaritas...

Mar 15, 07 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

aww sorry to hear that nicey. but at least you can join in on the festivities now.

i got home and found an email "waiting to hear your reply"... but it was just another nigerian scam.

Mar 15, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I want to apply to Princeton next year just so I can get an e-ject too.

Mar 15, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
+i

i feel sorry for the poor bastard who posts a thread next year saying something to the effect of "hey, is anyone out there applying to grad schools??" and the genius who points them to this thread... i'd love to watch them search through 34+ pages ...

Mar 15, 07 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
+i

... and then they get to the scotch section...

Mar 15, 07 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

mmmm...did someone mention scotch? this is bad...i've had less than a dozen posts half of which have been about the some mind altering substance....

anyone ever smoked SALVIA?

Mar 15, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i have been laid and thrown up on in the same encounter...

Mar 15, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow, it took less than an afternoon for my "f*$%ing genius" comment to make it back to the person I made it about. And yes it did make him laugh. Success! :o)

mmmm i do love the scotch

Mar 15, 07 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

Oh Kristin! Great idea! Can someone forward me their e-ject too? (Somebody with a robust sense of humor, who doesn't find that insulting, which it isn't meant to be....we just want to belooooong)

Mar 15, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

SALVIA...american indians used to smoke it to go on their 'spirit walks' i think its a derivative of peijote (sorry if misspelled) ... You have to smoke a whole grip of the stuff to even feel anything and it lasts about 15 minutes...

personally i didn't like it, i felt like i was in some different dimension/plane...all the lines and angles in the room were converging on me...i now know what it feels like to be a focal point in technical drawings/paintings...it was so totally disorienting. i forced myself to snap out of it asap...but hey, i'm glad i tried it...everyone else that did it with me got these massive headaches the next day (i didn't)...needless to say, this shit is actually legal and can be bought over the internet...

Mar 15, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

vado: ah very nice! (a la borat)

Mar 15, 07 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
Dedalus

"I liike" (borat)

Mar 15, 07 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

i think i have a crush on vado. haha.

Mar 15, 07 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
zundfolge

First decision came.....just got an email accept from CU Denver.

So, I have at least one acceptance!

Finally...I can explain to my friends why I suddenly quit my job to go back to delivering pizza.

Very short email. No info on financial aid or whether I'll get the in-state tuition (I completed my B.S. in Colorado)

Of course, I know it's not one of the better programs, and I'd have my reservations about going there, but I'll save that for another post.

Now, c'mon UCLA and Sci-ARC...

Mar 15, 07 6:10 pm  · 
 · 

damn, empty mail box. anyone heard from the GSD today? as far as I know, letters have gone to international students and mobarch. in Denver has received one.

Mar 15, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 

YEAH scotch tasting. maybe we can convene at an open house ;)

Mar 15, 07 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
ani

apology in advance if someone already asked this, but has anyone heard from columbia that does not live in nyc?? this is for the 3 yr march program. If you have, where do you live?? just curious, as i have yet to hear from them.

thanks!!

Mar 15, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 

I need a fucking drink. The more I think about this interview tomorrow (aggghhh! less than 24 hours to go!!!) the more terrified I get. By the time I get there I'm going to be a nervous wreck that can't even speak without shaking in fear.

Mar 15, 07 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
niket

ani-
I've applied for the 3-yr M.Arch as well
I havent heard from columbia & I live in nyc

Mar 15, 07 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
Dedalus

Heard from Columbia with a letter in the mail yesterday. It was dated 'May 09' Live in Boston.

Mar 15, 07 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

it's pointless to tell a stressing person not to stress, so i won't.

wait, yes i will....rationalist, please don't stress, you'll do fine.

Mar 15, 07 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
Dedalus

Can't get a beat on GSD. Doesn't feel good not hearing at this point, but there's this whole 'wave theory' which smells of BS. Anyway, I'm counting on the theory, even if it was invented by a troll.

Mar 15, 07 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
Riedell101

just got rejected from IIT, via email. that's 3 no's! 3 more left to hear from, i am very sad

Mar 15, 07 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
kabean

rejection from uva and acceptance from va tech in the same mailbox... but somehow it didn't balance out. i'm sad:(

Mar 15, 07 7:18 pm  · 
 · 

Yikes, I'm sorry you guys. Truly, beware the ides of March. I'm glad I didn't schedule that interview for today (yes, it was one of the options!).

Mar 15, 07 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

Okay. I just got home. NOTHIN' in the mailbox. But as I was standing there, in the foyer of my building, thinking about how annoyed I was about that, I saw a flyer from a neighbor selling his drumset real cheap...

....so now I own a drumset! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Grad school schmad school, I'm gonna go be a musician.

Mar 15, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: