Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

Japhy

well now we can all have a big princeton e-ject pity party!

Mar 15, 07 10:47 am  · 
 · 
nicey

interesting...haven't got mine yet. i submitted a paper application, though, so maybe that confused them...

those getting e-jects: did you apply online? anyone received an e-ject that did the paper app?

Mar 15, 07 10:51 am  · 
 · 

portfolio is 90% done. Just have to get better images of a few things, pop them in, and print them out.

My adventures in perfect binding went well. I can now perfect-bind for softcover. Sometime within the next year I plan to learn hardcover. Though soft-cover and saddle stitched both look very nice anyway.

Mar 15, 07 10:56 am  · 
 · 
heyday

i'm now a proud member of the princeton e-ject club. nicey- i submited a paper application.

Mar 15, 07 11:08 am  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

You know, I'd like to be a Princeton E-ject Club member too, just for the sense of belonging and also because it would be damned nice to hear back from a school for a change.

Mar 15, 07 11:12 am  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

how hard is it to perfect bind rationalist? ive always wanted to learn how. is it a complicated process ?

Mar 15, 07 11:23 am  · 
 · 
cpnorris

i didn't apply to princeton but i would still like to atttend the pity party

Mar 15, 07 11:24 am  · 
 · 
Japhy

well, for all of you who didn't apply to princeton or haven't yet received an e-ject, i will make you honorary princeton e-ject club members so you can celebrate too.....let the festivities begin!

Mar 15, 07 11:41 am  · 
 · 

Well, sounds like nicey has a shot if she hasn't been e-jected yet!

Clemson- not so hard for softcover. No sewing, just gluing. The hardest thing is remembering to inset important information extra for the trim. Also, I had a cut on the cover that had to line up a certain way with the first page, and that was a royal pain but looks great done. We'll see at another date how the hardcover goes, but I'm certainly planning on trying it.

Mar 15, 07 11:41 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Princeton e-ject time is almost as exciting as the initial stages of grad school fever itself. It's like getting a badge of courage, and it says, "yes, I had the balls to apply to Princeton, even though the odds were stacked high against me. And yes, I fell short, but this in no way affects my perceived self-worth."

On a side note, I know a guy that actually got into Princeton. Yeah he's pretty smart.

Mar 15, 07 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
axial753

congrats to everyone!

i still haven't heard anything ....

panic, panic, panic.....=(

http://www.esnips.com/doc/06db0af1-c770-4ed6-ac55-84c57138ef61/portfolio-small

Mar 15, 07 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

so what does it take to get into princeton wonderk?

ah, i'm finally leaving for ny tommorrow morning. it'll be a nice reprive from mental self-mauling i give myself everytime i refresh this thread.

Mar 15, 07 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
vapor

axial753- even though i have seen your work many times before, your portfolio is HARDCORE! makes mine look like nothing...

Mar 15, 07 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

axial, great portfolio and projects. i don't think you have anything to worry about. mine looks like chicken scratch next to yours.

Mar 15, 07 12:33 pm  · 
 · 

axial, I <3 your velodrome. I'm the same way about materials.

Mar 15, 07 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

FROCCLI, I'm not totally sure but the person in question has been described to me as "a f*$%ing genius".

He might read this thread too....I hope he gets a laugh out of that :o)

ATTENTION: Special Bulletin

On a side note, for those of you who are unaware, the person that started the "Yale Blows 07" thread took over a similar thread last year that was simply meant to be informative and turned it into a nasty hate fest for all things Yale. I don't want to tell you what to do but history shows that if you engage this person (also known as a "troll") you will only encourage them to spew more hate. We never really figured out what the troll's motives were, but be advised that the best way of avoiding their irrational crusade is probably just to ignore them. (i.e., don't post on that thread) I'm just saying.

END BULLETIN

Mar 15, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
axial753

man, i couldn't fall asleep until 4am last night in fear ......

still in panic mode........

=*(

Mar 15, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

to piggyback on WonderK's comment, I fear that Mr. Nice, who has started a thread on schools who promote their professors instead of their students, may be the same person under a new user name. I'm avoiding both threads to be safe. Last year, this guy didn't keep it contained into the one thread, but spread his venom accross the entire site, and I really don't want to deal with it again.

Mar 15, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

I just tried to contribute something productive/worthwhile to the Yale Blows thread... go see...

Mar 15, 07 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
uzshef

WonderK

You're saying the person(s) hijacked a conversation?

Mar 15, 07 1:01 pm  · 
 · 

several.

Mar 15, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
uzshef

why?

Mar 15, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

uzshef, that person hijacked several conversations, including Thread Central, in what looked like a pathological attempt to taint Yale's image and reputation, and to try to stop people from going there. After a while it was like watching Fox News Channel....he was everywhere, and just sounded like a broken record. Talk about V for Vendetta.

and rationalist, I don't know about that other thread, it looks angry but not quite as deranged. Mr. Nice seems a lot less like a psychopath than parallel38 does/did. I guess we'll find out....

Mar 15, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

Belvedere ;)

Mar 15, 07 1:06 pm  · 
 · 

WonderK- the reason I'm thinking that is because Mr. Nice only has that one post, and he appeared on the same day which our beloved parallel has rejoined us. Seems like such a coincidence.

Mar 15, 07 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
CS123

axial753 WOW!! Why are you applying to gradschool?!? There is nothing worry about with that portfolio...

Mar 15, 07 1:09 pm  · 
 · 

lol, everyone is going to be spell checking kristin's threads from now on!

Mar 15, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
natnatG

Im leaving for a week of snowboarding today.
hope I will be able to keep my mind away from this madness at least for a few days...

goodluck for everyone!

Mar 15, 07 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

A note of reprive for all of us stressed out waiting for acceptance/rejection notices....

KCRW.com is live streaming south x southwest almost every morning 11.15am pst...

oh and for all you scotch drinkers...try aberlour 10, its super affordable and tastes great...only $30...

Mar 15, 07 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

I think when I get back from UW I might have to get me some new stocks of liquor, just to calm myself back down.

Mar 15, 07 1:34 pm  · 
 · 

I never thought I'd find so many scotch drinkers in one spot. Er, I guess we're all in different spots. Sort of.

It was Philip Marlowe who got me started. An honest man if there ever was one.

Mar 15, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
akilovesnana

hey guys this would be my official third post. Still waiting on UCLA. I finally called today they said anytime in the next two weeks we should hear something. blah.

Mar 15, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

I take it back, they're only live streaming today and fri...ABERLOUR...Glenlivet french oak reserve is yummay if you got the monnay!!!!!!!

Mar 15, 07 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
Riedell101

so, i think all the grad schools i have applied to got together and agreed to make this extremely stressful for me! so, first off, nc state was due on jan 5th! so my new years kinda blew, then they lost one of my recommender's recommendations, so he had to redo it. then uic put the same recommender's recommendation in the wrong pile or something, and it took them 3 days to figure that out. then ga tech (whose recommendations are all done online) said that they hadn't received any of mine, even though the site had said that they were all complete before they were due. i sent them a copy of the page and they realized they were mistaken. now, i check my status at IIT and they have me listed in the 3 year program instead of the 2 year!! that's finally fixed, but i still have to wait to hear if i'm accepted! ahh!

ok, i feel better now! (not really)

Mar 15, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Mailbox still empty this morning ('cept for another credit card bill, FTW) but there's always tomorrow, right?

School sent me an email saying they'd send everything out by March 9th.... which was last Friday. It's been at least 4 business days. I know a watched pot never boils, but I was really expecting something today.

If I don't see anything in the mail by Monday, should I start calling?!?

Mar 15, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 

Got ahold of the graduate communications design department at Pratt, they said they were reviewing right this moment, and should have decisions out in two weeks time. It's comforting to at least have a date of when to expect things.

Mar 15, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

still nothing... its so disappointing to open the mailbox and there just be netflix and bills...

Mar 15, 07 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

Kristin:

Aberlour 10 isn't too peaty, its actually kind of sweet and goes down smooth, a cube of ice will suffice and it opens up a lot as you let it sit. I highly recommend it...yummay for the tummay...

I recently got turned onto it by my local acoholier. the best bang for your buck...It definitely better then the budget glens and at a really reasonable price...

Mar 15, 07 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

sorry i meant to type 'alcoholier' and the word peaty for some reason makes me think of chewing on a slab of bark....eeeewwww

Mar 15, 07 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

you know, i really need to try some scotch.....never really had it, but now you guys have me curious. oh and speaking of belvedere, i forgot to mention yesterday that i also love dirty martinis made with either belvedere or grey goose. damn, now this really does sound like AA.

Mar 15, 07 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

'alcoholier' is so comically snobby! trust architects to turn the job of slingin' drinks into an elitist title. well done 1deviantC

Mar 15, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

peaty = of, or resembling in similarity, any characteristic to that of peat moss

Mar 15, 07 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

thx broccolijet =) i didn't even know 'alcoholier' was a real word...but thats half the fun of it all...making up words be fun...

thats it...i'm going to serve peat moss as an appetizer at the next function that i throw at my pad...you all are welcome to join (BYOS, bring yo own scotch)!

Mar 15, 07 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

okay - anyone else out there that applied to ufl that just got that email from admissions?

Dear Applicant:

The Admission Committees (Advanced, Core and MSAS) will be reviewing the Fall applicant files in the next 2-3 weeks. The decision letters will be mailed during the month of April.

Your admissions application in the department is complete.

I mean, ufl is not my first choice or anything, but come on! during the month of april?

Mar 15, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

sorry to bring it back to applications again....

Mar 15, 07 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
+i

ive got that beat, just a few minutes ago i received this from carnegie mellon:

Dear Students,

We are writing to inform you that your application is complete and ready for review.

Thank you,
Graduate Programs Crew.

---
Carnegie Mellon University

wtf is wrong with these people

Mar 15, 07 3:21 pm  · 
 · 

It's ok. That does blow. I think if it gets toward decision time for your other schools and you're not 100% sure, then I'd call UF and press them to give you a decision.

Mar 15, 07 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

talk about procrastination.

Mar 15, 07 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

yeah - i will definitely be pressing them.

sorry +i... it's even worse when they don't even give you any timeline!

Mar 15, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
taboho

i suggest archinect implement an auto-refresh function just like gmail...

axial... i hear ya about sleep deprivation. hang in there. your port rocks.

Mar 15, 07 3:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: