Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

uzshef

Remember everyone...this is a chat room.
15% of what's on here is probably true or tweaked
honesty is the best policy

Mar 14, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
snarklecherry

I admit, I've been eavesdropping from the beginning, and now, finally, it is too much to contain. I am finally nervous, and SOOOO nervous. It hit me all in a minute. I need some commiseration action!!! And thanks for the wonderful info all along...

Mar 14, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

hmmm...i didn't catch that the first time through.

damn it, it's the internet!! i thought i could believe everything i read here!! my faith is irreparably crushed...

Mar 14, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

welcome snarklecherry!

news for CCA admits: I called the admission office regarding merit-based scholarships, since there was no mention of them in the package. They said that merit-based would be coming out at the end of March, with the main financial aid packages following shortly. So we've all still got a shot for some $$$!

Mar 14, 07 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
uzshef

For instance.
I don't believe Yale just sent out a batch email.....if so, talk about unprofessional. I was told many of the top (first) people get phone calls

Mar 14, 07 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

Is anyone else waiting on UT Austin's response?

I'm becoming very nervous since a number of applicants have already received emails with acceptance notices.

Mar 14, 07 4:51 pm  · 
 · 

"man can't live on bread alone"

"That's right, Ya got'ta have SCOTCH!!!"

Mar 14, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
Riedell101

a friend of mine is still waiting to hear from UT Austin

Mar 14, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 

what did grad applicants do before archinect?? probably got a lot more sleep.

Mar 14, 07 4:54 pm  · 
 · 

what's the point of lying on a message board, though? Who is it people are trying to impress? I've been probably a bit too honest with everyone here, very open, so I guess I just don't see it from the right perspective to understand.

Mar 14, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

i dont understand it either? just trying to get us to freak out more? maybe ding will explain....

Mar 14, 07 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
uzshef

mind games...some people are just jerks with too much time on their hands

Mar 14, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

burn the witch, burn the witch!!!!

· 
zzzhc

i don't get it either, but people are different. sometimes sadistic.

· 
ClemsonDnB

Taken from accepted to grad schools yet thread:

ding

Total Entries: 0
Total Comments: 101

03/03/07 20:19
oops. on the 22nd, not on the Feb. i still can't fucking believe Washington University accepted me. Should've applied GSD.... Under estimated myself.

... in case anyone is wondering what we are talking about!

Mar 14, 07 4:59 pm  · 
 · 

maybe ding wasn't lying, I was just generally thinking about the comment that "you can believe 15% of what you read here". I certainly don't have the inclination to pore over his past posts to figure out whether I think he's lying or not.

Mar 14, 07 5:00 pm  · 
 · 

...but obviously someone else did.

Mar 14, 07 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

check this out. it was on the archibect homepage so some of you may have seen it already. pretty crazy though.

Mar 14, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

hahaha cpnorris that is awesome!!

Mar 14, 07 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

free moat. thanks.

Mar 14, 07 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

he could just stand on his house and throw rocks at all the construction workers

Mar 14, 07 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
heyday

uzshef-

Actually KevinW here, changed my username.

for the most part I'm still on the fence between arch. and development.

I applied to yale for arch., columbia for development, and the gsd fits in between.

Mar 14, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

that got a good chuckle.

must have been expensive for the developer to dig around like that. shoulda bought him off.

Mar 14, 07 5:11 pm  · 
 · 

Yale is annoying me. They let you in, then you wanna go to the website and ogle something or somebody, and the whole thing says "access denied". wtf.

Mar 14, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

oh damn, i need to catch up! geez, you walk away from the computer for 5 minutes......

ok, welly: that moscow mule sounds delicious! i simply must try one the next time i'm in boston!

all who have applied to UT-Austin: do not fret if you haven't heard anything yet! last year i was put on their waiting list (i think in late march) and later admitted (mid-april). so there is hope yet! if you dont' already know my story and thus why i am applying again this year then check back earlier in this thread.

oh and i'm partial to mojitos, pinot noir, and jack and cokes (depending on my mood).....however right now i'd certainly take some scotch as i didn't receive any mail today!

Mar 14, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

"Is anyone else waiting on UT Austin's response?

I'm becoming very nervous since a number of applicants have already received emails with acceptance notices."

Yes! It's driving me crazy! The longer it takes, the more worried I get. I did my undergrad here at UT, and I really don't want to have to move away from Austin. I like Austin :(

Mar 14, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

oh, almost forgot.....welly: schadenfreude!!!! yes! i love that word! i haven't heard it in so long! ok, i think i got it all in now.....i am done.

Mar 14, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

Thanks, Kalyani!

You've relieved my nerves; I'll only have 6 beers tonight... homebrew, that is.

Choice of drink: a good microbrew IPA.

Mar 14, 07 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

I just checked the UT website....

Your application has been given careful consideration by the committee on Graduate Studies. On the basis of their recommendation, your application has been denied. If you have questions, please write directly to the Committee in your major department.

*sob*

Mar 14, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

OutsideDream86, I'm sorry.

:o( <----- me being sad for you.

On a side note, where did you find that? Did you log into your application on that MyTexas thing?

Mar 14, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

condolences outsideDream.

Mar 14, 07 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
w3

OD86
I'm sorry as well...

Mar 14, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

OutsideDream:

Sorry to hear it. I was really rooting for you, local Austinite.

Mar 14, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

cpnorris -- that is GREAT! if the developer has half a brain, they'll just keep building everything up around him. people will come for miles to see this bold demonstration of solidarity and persistence and concurrently attract a ton of business to the surrounding shopping mall.

btw, how does he get to work?

Mar 14, 07 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

Outside:

What pizza joint do you work at?

Mar 14, 07 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

wow this thread is a freight train.

I'll second the whiskey sour, but would never venture away from the bourbon family when making one.

36 M
BA Hons Fin Art Combined Media.
4 year apprenticeship with a danish architect
3 years working in an interior design firm.
former documentary photographer and......ahem
cocktail mixer.

Mar 14, 07 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

WonderK - Go to www.utdirect.utexas.edu and search for "admissions". Application status check is the first one.

NoSleep - Papa Johns.
I got the job there cause I live a half mile away and can walk to work, and plus I LOVE their pizza.

Mar 14, 07 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

oh man...sorry outside dream. still rooting for you!

Mar 14, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

So sorry OutsideDream! I think you should go and get nice and toasted tonight.....at South by Southwest? Has it started yet? I was really looking forward to checking it out (I was supposed to still be living in Austin right now).

Mar 14, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

= ( I hope you get some happy news soon to balance this out.

Mar 14, 07 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
maam

i didn't get into austin either od86. Still havn't heard from my other six schools. I'm going to check out the moscow mule tonight.

Mar 14, 07 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

Yes and if anyone else is stepping out for a Mule, be advised that only the well-stocked bar will carry ginger beer. Also, if you get the option, I prefer to squeeze two lime wedges rather than opting for the lime juice. You don't want the lime to overpower the ginger.

Anybody in the Cambridge area, the best Mule I've had has always been served up at Zuzu's in Central.

Soul Touch night tonight at the Middlesex: who can say no to soul?

Mar 14, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Well, as if this process weren't annoying enough, I can't log in to the UT Status Check page because of some technical error, which is "not my fault" according to the web page. Nice.

Mar 14, 07 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

that happens to me all the time if i try to go straight to the web address for the application status check. so now i just go through the ut austin home page and click on prospective student then click on status check. seems to work better. if you are already doing that though then i got nothin'

Mar 14, 07 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
para2

YALE BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live from Cambridge. It’s that time of year again
For Yale unfiltered, email me

By the way, anyone remember the Yale applicant last year who was rejected and then magically accepted? Anything goes.

Cronyism trumps talent at YSOA

Mar 14, 07 6:21 pm  · 
 · 

great.... I tried calling Pratt, so that I could talk to someone in my department, and finally get a slightly more definitive answer about when acceptances would be out, but of course they're on the bloody east coast, time skipping along so quickly, and they're all home for the day. I always do this- take the morning to figure out if I want to call them, then by the time I get around to calling them, they're closed. I'm writing myself a note to call first thing in the morning.

Mar 14, 07 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
Alackrity

"moscow mule" dash of bitters please. :)

Mar 14, 07 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
maam

any other drink recommendations for the poorly stocked bar?

Mar 14, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 

although I wouldn't get it near the computer, I've taken to buying pre-mixed bottles of margarita. They're pretty sweet, but if you keep it in the freezer it tastes great when it's super-cold like that.

Mar 14, 07 6:27 pm  · 
 · 

mmmmm, now I really want some margaritas... but am too poor to go buy liquor. I think I've got some apple schnapps at home that might hit the spot though.

Mar 14, 07 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: