Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

k_k, ya gotta get down under... ginger beer galore (probably in the UK too)

Mar 14, 07 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

poorly stocked bar??...there's always the ol' popov screwdriver.

Mar 14, 07 6:38 pm  · 
 · 

popov screwdriver made with that frozen Donald Duck OJ tastes suprisingly good. Did this in undergrad, couldn't even taste the nasty flavor of the Popov.

Mar 14, 07 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
ff33Āŗ

OKay , this thread is out of control.

Mar 14, 07 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
w3

that's right broccolijet - keep it simple.

my favorite these days is - vodka, cranberry juice, and peach schnapps garnished with a fat slice of orange.

on another note here's my portfolio

applied to:
UW - Seattle | Accepted
Maryland | Accepted
Clemson | Accepted
U.Mich | Waitlisted
Colorado @ Denver | still waiting
U.Va. | still waiting

Mar 14, 07 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

awesome painting w3!

Mar 14, 07 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

what program did you use for the renders?

Mar 14, 07 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
mctwist657

I agree with simple...all i need to be happy is some sky vodka and ice

w3...great portfolio...where did you go to undergrad? The use of color is really nice.

I am starting to feel like its going to be a long month, this process is never ending

Mar 14, 07 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
w3

thanks no sleep

i used 3dmax...w touchup in photoshop of course.

Mar 14, 07 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

ahhh crap i just found the labels i was supposed to mail to columbia for when they send things to me... completely forgot to include them! is it even worth it to send them to them now or just forget it?

Mar 14, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
natnatG

My favorite - Chamisul
the best stuff in the world

Mar 14, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

mmmmmm, you guys are makin' me THIRSTY!!!

Mar 14, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
zzzhc

nice, i would doubt that they would go to the trouble of making calls for rejections so it's probably good news!

Mar 14, 07 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
mobarchitecture

In response to previous questions.....

No email.... just the package postmarked March 12 Cambridge MA

Sent to Denver Co

I too like the scotch and after today..... I will be opening my special occasion bottle.

Mar 14, 07 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Still on vacation. Just got to the hotel and checked the thread. Sorry to hear about the UT denial, OutsideDream. At least you already have a few acceptances under your belt.

O.k. Going to check my e-mail now to see if I received any news today.

Mar 14, 07 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Still on vacation. Just got to the hotel and checked the thread. Sorry to hear about the UT denial, OutsideDream. At least you already have a few acceptances under your belt.

O.k. Going to check my e-mail now to see if I received any news today.

Mar 14, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

sirgemhl i like chamilsu too :p

outsidedreams, i'm so sorry about ut. your drawings were amazing and if only they could see the potential in you :( good luck to you on your other applications!

kristin, it sounds like the response was positive. eeeek!!!

you guys. i'm DYING here. i'm starting to wonder...is my email fwds not working properly? did i write down the write ph#? did my applications arrive late? did my recommenders sabotage me? or myabe i just totally SUCK buffalo balls. haha. seriously, i'm having a coronary here.

Mar 14, 07 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Again, nothing today.

Is this a bad time to mention that I have an anxiety disorder and a lifelong fear of rejection? Thought so... Nevermind.

Mar 14, 07 9:10 pm  · 
 · 

no new news for me today either. However I am feeling much better about CCA now that I know that none of the scholarship decisions have been made yet, so it might still be a possibility for me. I was pretty sad when I thought that I got in but didn't get any funding, because I really like the program and would be sad to turn it down for financial reasons.

Mar 14, 07 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
uzshef

rationalist

What is the CCA? a school in the U.S.?

Mar 14, 07 9:38 pm  · 
 · 

California College of the Arts, in San Francisco

Mar 14, 07 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

I got nothing today. Just letting everyone know. See you guys tomorrow.

Mar 14, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
ddyy

still nothing gah-

do you guys think that gsapp is just sending small batch every week or something? not many gsapp compare to gsd acceptances...

Mar 14, 07 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
uzshef

rationalist

ah, thanks...to me, the CCA means something else.

baboomba

in the end, UT sounds like a strong program...but I do intend to turn down Yale, so if you're looking for a MArch 2 spot...

Mar 14, 07 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I got nothing today, as well.

I want to mention this though:

St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday of all time! I am so excited! I am coming to Chicago this weekend if anyone wants to come watch them dye the river green with me.....this is perfectly timed as it will take my mind off all of this nonsense temporarily.

Furthermore, I love this thread....its angst, its hand-wringing, its "double check the time stamp" posts....I love the fact that there are so many lurkers that show up with wicked-cool screen names out of nowhere.....and I love that most of you have no idea what's going on in the rest of the forum. It makes me smile. :o)

Slainte!

Mar 14, 07 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

10-4 WonderK...

I'm not even remotely Irish and I am heading to some big show/party 'cos Boston is quite out of control on the Paddy's Day.

And I used to be "sofya"...you might remember me from such posts as "Help me name my dog with a funny architecture name!"

But I see your point.

For the record:

UCLA | Urban Planning=accepted; Arch.= nothing yet

UIC | Urban Planning=accepted; Arch.=also nothing

GSD/GSAPP/MIT/UPENN=even more nothingness

Mar 14, 07 10:15 pm  · 
 · 

I loved your tattoo, welly!

WonderK... I used to know what was going on on the rest of the site. But frankly, I'm sparing everyone else the agony of reading my obsessive posts at this juncture. I know they all hate when grad-school-fever takes over archinect, so I'm trying to limit my contribution to it. Happy St. Patty's Day!

Mar 14, 07 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
sfibs

people were talking about scotch earlier... Laphroig is my absolute favorite easily available whiskey (Trader Joe's.) I went to my undergrad in Scotland- it was so fun being able to taste a variety of whiskeys. Someone should open up a whiskey bar in CA! Anyone know of one?

Mar 14, 07 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

WonderK: I won't be going to the St. Patty's Day parade, but if you're interested in getting together for drinks that evening, let me know. I know a couple places that have excellent selections of single-malt scotches.

Mar 14, 07 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

I used to like whiskey-sodas. I heard that is an old man's drink! I am basically an old man so it's okay!

Mar 14, 07 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

My current poisons of choice:

Mar 14, 07 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
glutisolator615

Hi guys

I was surfing this thing trying to find out who else besides me has heard from GSD. I'm so glad I got in but am not too exited about moving to Boston. I guess a lot of people haven't heard yet. I provided a link to my portfolio just for your curiousity. I heard that the applicants with the most experience and strongest portfolios tend to hear first, so don't stress out. Don't look if you think you'll be intimidated.

best of luck,

ann

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7411927@N08/421786976/in/photostream/

Mar 15, 07 1:44 am  · 
 · 
natnatG

that is one damn nice portfolio you have...
I dont think I have a chance anymore...T-T

Mar 15, 07 1:54 am  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

hahaha i love it

Mar 15, 07 3:31 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I just woke up from a weird dream. In the first part, I was watching a television news show. The guest was some sort of designer. She was talking about the psychology of design (though she pronounced the word 'psychology' really oddly). I remember thinking to myself that it was really great to see such good discussion about design on a mainstream news show.

The second part of the dream is where I leave the TV and go to my job as a dentist. I'm not a dentist in real life, though dentistry highly informs certain aspects of what I do (aseptic technique, bedside manner, etc). Dozens of people have told me that I should be a doctor.

Anyway, back to the dream. I'm at my new dentist office, which I'd just purchased. My first client is this incredibly attractive woman (a curvy redhead, in case you care). Everything's going well until I prepare to do x-rays. I can't figure out how to work the x-ray machine!!! I don't panic, but it's really bothering me and I have this gorgeous woman on the bed in front of me, and I'm distracted and annoyed that I can't get this damn machine to work.

Eventually I wake up.

It all comes back to design. If I can't figure out how to use this machine, how useful is it? Design, baby.

I know it was just a dream, but it was highly topical - a television news show featuring design, a new career (dentist = architect), and a beautiful woman that I can't have (where's my damn M.Arch acceptance letter???)

Yeah. I'm thankful for that 20 minutes of sleep I got tonight. On top of the four hours the night before. Rough times.

Mar 15, 07 6:57 am  · 
 · 
uzshef

ann culture

The GSD is in Cambridge..
so, obviously you're lying

Mar 15, 07 8:12 am  · 
 · 
laurilan

okay - so my mom called me out of the blue yesterday (my cincinnati letter is coming to their house up in ohio) and sounded really depressed. and i immediately freaked out - "bad news or good news?" to which she said good news! we're coming down to visit!

poor mom - i had to explain to her why i sounded so let down.

speaking of st. patrick's day - if anyone's going to be out in breckenridge, let me know! i'll be out there celebrating and trying to not think about this grad school stuff.

so good luck to everyone these next couple days! hope it brings good news for anyone who hasn't heard yet.

Mar 15, 07 9:08 am  · 
 · 
fuzzy_atelier

Congratulations to all who have received acceptances.

Mar 15, 07 9:16 am  · 
 · 
Japhy

wow, your portfolio sent me right back to one of my freshman year drawing classes, ann_culture!

Mar 15, 07 9:22 am  · 
 · 
Riedell101

uzshef - don't be such a snob, isn't cambridge just across the river from boston?!

Mar 15, 07 9:25 am  · 
 · 
Japhy

yeah, and did you even look at "ann's" portfolio? i'm pretty sure it was just a joke....

Mar 15, 07 9:32 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

relax folks, I believe he was making a joke too.

Good morning and goodluck today people...oh yeah, and MARCH MADNESS is here...finally loads of distraction to keep my anxious self occupied.

Mar 15, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
Japhy

Beware the Ides of March!!!!! So, I just got my Princeton e-ject. Not too terribly disappointed since it was the program that I was least interested in. However, I hope I get some good news (i.e. an acceptance letter) very soon!

Mar 15, 07 9:56 am  · 
 · 
haano

just e-jected by princeton

Mar 15, 07 10:00 am  · 
 · 
natnatG

e-ject from princeton

well, at least i know now..

Mar 15, 07 10:12 am  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

princeton e-ject too!

Mar 15, 07 10:22 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

my condolences ya'll.

Mar 15, 07 10:23 am  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

is ann_culture supposed to be like ann coulter?

Mar 15, 07 10:29 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

you mean the man beast with the huge adams apple?

Mar 15, 07 10:31 am  · 
 · 
flyoverstate

Huh, they e-jected us all at once. That's love y'alls!

Mar 15, 07 10:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: