Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

theTracer

I posted my portfolio on the previous page, any comments would be appreciated, starting to have doubts.

Mar 14, 07 10:29 am  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

jamez,

i looked at your portfolio, i think its great. The renderings are awesome, as too are the drawings. i dont think you have anything to worry about!

Mar 14, 07 10:34 am  · 
 · 
Japhy

jamez: your portfolio is amazing.....gorgeous renderings! which program are you applying to? did i read correctly on your website that you alreday have your m.arch?

Mar 14, 07 10:48 am  · 
 · 
theTracer

Yes I have a MARCH, but I feel like I need some more development in the design aspect. I am using maxwell, photoshop, and formz. I have tried to create a style that is heavily composited, hand drawing and digital mediums.

Applying to MARCH II at Yale.

Mar 14, 07 10:52 am  · 
 · 
Dedalus

Got Stern's generic yesterday. No word from anywhere else.

Anyone heard from GSD yet?

Mar 14, 07 11:30 am  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

Nope, nothing from GSD yet. Still waiting on Sciarc M.Arch I too.

Mar 14, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 
cpnorris

ding said he got into GSD

Mar 14, 07 11:36 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I think GSD has told International applicants...I am unsure about US residents...or about which programs.

Mar 14, 07 11:39 am  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

I called the GSD... the guy who answers the phone (who is not the friendliest person) said theyll mail out acceptances the first week of april, although I believe thats the last set of mailings, as people in the US have heard back (i.e. Ding).

Mar 14, 07 11:43 am  · 
 · 
Riedell101

has anyone heard from georgia tech regarding the 2 year program. i know a few had posted they were accepted, but i think that was for the 3 year program. i'm dying to hear from them!!!

Mar 14, 07 11:43 am  · 
 · 
zzzhc

no offense and not to call ding out, but in the other thread he says he got into Wash U and wishes he applied to GSD. if he got in, congrats and i couldn't be happier for him. if not, it's a cruel joke and i'm just dying inside waiting to find out.

Mar 14, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 

only two more days until Seattle and UW!!! I'm so excited, and so nervous. I only got the portfolio to 60% last night, so I've got lots to do tonight....

Mar 14, 07 11:54 am  · 
 · 
karchitect

amen

Mar 14, 07 11:56 am  · 
 · 
broccolijet

apparently ms81 from the other thread got into GSD

Mar 14, 07 11:59 am  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

chzz, just saw that too... maybe theres an explanation?

Mar 14, 07 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Riedell101

ok, so just talked to a friend who was admitted to georgia tech's 2 year program last year, and he was notified on march 30th!

Mar 14, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

i think ding was saying he saw on gradcafe that gsd had started notifying people. i thought it was for MLA and MARCH haven't heard back yet but i could be wrong.

it seems like everyone and their mothers have heard back from yale and columbia. i'm going to have to start popping xanax soon. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Mar 14, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

People spell Columbia "Colombia" all the time (not on this thread), but really who cares?

Mar 14, 07 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

hey, at least no one has spelled it "sciark"

Mar 14, 07 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

i bet the 3d printer powder at colombia is good shit.

· 
twotwotwo

Or worse, "Skark"

· 
therpeuticlotion

do you think it would be bad to call the schools to check and make sure my email address is correct. people ALWAYS misspell my email address and some other person with a similar name as mine gets all my mail and hates me. i have reached a new level of paranoia and neuroticism. go me!

Mar 14, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
appleCA

psy-ark?

Mar 14, 07 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
axial753

i'm in panic mode!!!! haven't heard from any schools

Mar 14, 07 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

oooooh, that's a good one

Froccli - Didn't you get confirmation emails from the schools when you sent in the apps in the first place? If not, it probably can't hurt to check on the email address they have on file.

Mar 14, 07 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
w3

froccli - one of my schools did have my e-mail address mispelled. i caught it early when i checked to make sure that they had received my app. materials. worth asking i suppose...

Mar 14, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

222, schools i applied to online have my correct email, but columbia and yale had paper applications. if i call, i would totally be that dweeby/dorky guy who calls the telephone co. to see if the reason he didn't get any calls was because the lines were tied up. or worse, they might be tempted to give me my rejection on the phone.

Mar 14, 07 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

hey, at least you'd know

Mar 14, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

Yeah, you make a good point Froccli. Well, maybe just wait a few more weeks. They probably send all acceptances/rejections by mail eventually anyway, right?

Mar 14, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

thanks kristy...partially inspired by the TADS school bloggers from ucla.

love,
brockleejet

Mar 14, 07 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

haha i didn't even get brocclijet's "dust" reference until now. lol.

Mar 14, 07 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

thanks frocclijet.

Mar 14, 07 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
theTracer

Funny, a student e-mailed me the other day and asked if I had applied to 'colombuia', I thought to myself for a second, double checked and reaffirmed that no it is COLUMBIA. I am sure they could use some good architects in their country.

Mar 14, 07 1:20 pm  · 
 · 

Re:3d printer dust, I was wondering what special drug these crazy kids are doing to turn out that alien stuff. Thank you for the explanation, bj.

Mar 14, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

The hell with Columbia's powder, this THREAD is good shit.

almost 30,000 views.

Mar 14, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

broccolijet what is broccolijet? froccli = frozen broccli...an all time favorite snack of mine. i know it's gross but at least i don't wrap bananas in american cheese :p

Mar 14, 07 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

it's like watching the monkeys at the zoo.

Mar 14, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

^^ "it's like watching the monkeys at the zoo."

hoooo...cheezy bananas. not sure i could get down with that either.

you're actually the first person to ask about the etymology of my handle. it's a nickname i once gave to my all time favorite guitar, which happens to have a sparkle-green finish. but the image of a huge rube goldberg inspired, turbine-powered, high-speed vegetable cooker is probably more interesting.

Mar 14, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
supersupao

Anyone from NYC get into CCA? I called them and was advised that a letter was sent out last friday...cant imagine what can hold it up this long!!!

Mar 14, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
uzshef

Accepted to GSD and Yale, M.Arch 2; and Columbia ADD.

neat

I agree with you. Yale’s program is too long (and even weaker than the GSD’s.) My second choice is Columbia, because it’s a much stronger “overall learning environment”….plus better job contacts.

Mar 14, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

"the monkeys at the zoo" thing is my theory behind the 30000 views...everyone's waiting for a car crash.

broccolijet as a verb is interesting though...sounds like a symptom of some vegetable-induced gastrointestinal condition.

Mar 14, 07 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
mobarchitecture

Got a big package from the GSD in the mail....... MArch II is a go.

Mar 14, 07 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

congrats guys/gals!!

Mar 14, 07 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
alexandraNY

So...a little late on the stats/personal info... but here goes....
26/F....have a B.Arch.
been working for about 3 years....now full time after graduation.
I am am not "a 2007 M.arch applicant", but am trying to get my act together for 2008 (m.arch II post professional).
And i have been reading this thread for the past couple of weeks.... trying to catch up.
i just want ot say thanks!!...i have learned alot about the application process from you all!
I hope there is a thread like this next fall.
Congratualtions to all of you who have been accepted!!!
Anf my fingers are crossed to everyoen waiting!

Mar 14, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

congrats uzshef and mob!

Mar 14, 07 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

Hey Froccli - frozen broccoli is one of my favorite snacks too. Microwave steamed with a little olive oil and salt. Tasty.

Mar 14, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
uzshef

thanks, any suggestions?

Mar 14, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

congrats uzshef and mobarch!

where in the country are you?

Mar 14, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
uzshef

outside the U.S.,
Quebec

Mar 14, 07 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

Congratulations uzshef, mob...

Are you guys from the US? I'm still waiting to hear from GSD, so I'm hoping it's just the greater distance for mail to arrive...What day were your packages postmarked?

Mar 14, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: