Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

chupacabra

Thanks everyone. Now, if I could get some sign of monetary support...as of yet, nada.

Mar 13, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

Congratulations Jason! I still haven't heard a thing from anywhere. Although I did apply for a $50,000 scholarship and just found out that it made it through the campus selection committee and on to the next round of selections.

Mar 13, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 

scspisak, I just got the same email! I tried calling Pratt admissions to ask about it, they didn't even let me get my question out before supposedly attempting to transfer me to the loans department (as I was like, "but wait, have I been admitted?" Too late, already transferred). I then found myself hanging out in a black hole of phone-space for ten minutes, in which there was no sound or response from the other side, but my phone assured my that I was still connected. Grrrr.

I hope this means we're admitted?

Mar 13, 07 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

hey yall..

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO YALE!!!!!

Mar 13, 07 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

congrats namby!

· 
therpeuticlotion

i remember last year, i got an e-mail from sci-arc march 30th and their open house was on april 1st. i was probably at the bottom of the list but just remember people, there is still hope if you haven't heard back yet. consider it a good thing if you haven't been flat out rejected i guess!

· 
laurilan

i got the same email too. last time i heard from that stupid loan corp. i called pratt - and it was a mistake. i wouldn't doubt if the same thing happened again.

why oh why are they doing this to us?

Mar 13, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

oops, i meant when the loan corp had called me in late feb.

Mar 13, 07 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

awesome namby!! did they notify by regular mail?

· 
Japhy

That's awesome nambypambics! How did you find out and are you M.Arch I or II?

· 
WonderK

YAY namby! Congrats! That's fantastic!

~~~~~

On a side note, I am now officially having a panic attack!

Mar 13, 07 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

Ditto WonderK! Yikes!

Mar 13, 07 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
nicey

got that email too and a phone call last week from i think the same group. i doubt it has anything to do our admissions--i think it's some bs private loan corp that somehow got a list of applicants from pratt.

maybe i'm just being a little negative...

Mar 13, 07 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

yay namby!!!! can we see the portfolio, now that your greatness has been confirmed?

laurilan- did you talk to admissions, financial aid, or loans? I'm having a problem getting someone to even hear my question before transferring the call to someone else.

Mar 13, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
nicey

yale? holy shit bags.

march 1 or 2??? how notified???

CONGRATS

· 
fivepass

congrats namby~!....how did they notify you?

· 

why the panic, DubK? You're already in at one place.

Mar 13, 07 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
Chch

Congratulations to everyone on getting acceptances.

Namby - Congrats on Yale! Your portfolio was awesome, so don't be too suprised! :D

· 
Living in Gin

Congrats, namby!!

Now please pardon me while I have a panic attack.

· 
flyoverstate

Alright, I just got Dean Stern's form letter. Now, see, Gmail shows the first few lines of an email, and Stern's starts out "I do not want you to wait one moment longer..." which whitened my face. One moment longer before what, slamming down the tequila? jumping into the Pacific? voting McCain?

Then he finishes "...than necessary to offer congratulations on your having been admitted to the M.Arch. I program at the Yale School of Architecture, Class of 2010." WHEW. Damn, somebody get this guy some Strunk & White!

Time to bust out the spreadsheets.

Mar 13, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

OMG congrats namby!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 13, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
flyoverstate

Hot damn namby, 2-for-2!

Mar 13, 07 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

yes namby please indulge us with your portfolio :)

Mar 13, 07 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Was Stern's letter personalized, or was it some sort of mass mailing? If the latter, I'll take it to assume I didn't make the cut.

Ah well, Yale was probably my biggest reach, anyway.

Mar 13, 07 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

Yay jasoncross! I'm happy for you but so very jealous :) I will be sitting here all day refreshing my email, hoping I get one of those too. Come on UT where are youuuuuuu.

Mar 13, 07 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

Well I get the sense that it was one email, but it was my name at the top and not just "Hey guys!," so it's a combination all-purpose yet tailored email.

Well I did that with my personal essay, so it's only fair they do that with their email, right? hahaha.

Mar 13, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

Hey.. I got an email and I'm for M.Arch I. My snail mail won't arrive until about 3pm today...

I'll post the folio after i hear from everyone (still waiting on 3 more). Also I'll need to wait a few days anyway.. my computer's logic board died and it's being repaired right now, so I don't have my files.

Mar 13, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
nicey
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/08/N.C.beer.tossing.ap/index.html

watch the video.

...a well needed distraction.

Mar 13, 07 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
nicey

well needed? well deserved.

Mar 13, 07 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

congrats on yale! that's great!

rationalist - i called admissions. they stated that the loan corporation shouldn't have been calling anyone and it was a mistake - they weren't even doing "status updates" until march 1st - whatever that exactly means.

i'm pretty much ignoring this email. i think the loan people are itchy to get us into high interest rate loans.

but i haven't talked to anyone from pratt since then...

Mar 13, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
scspisak

Nice namby, congrats!!!

Mar 13, 07 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
scspisak

You know you've got it bad when...

...an email in your spam folder from "Online University" with the subject "CONGRATULATIONS!" makes your heart start racing.

Mar 13, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 

I got ahold of someone at Pratt, and they said that the reason they do this is because it takes so long to do all the processing that we need to start our loan applications now, whether we've been admitted or not!!!

I'm sorry, but that's retarded. It took me all of a month to get a loan for undergrad, so I have no idea why it would take six for grad school.

Mar 13, 07 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
scspisak

You're kidding?!!? Stupid friggin %^##$ loan corp!

Mar 13, 07 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
Chairman-Mao

GSD!!!!

Mar 13, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

did you get accepted ding? or just a random anxiety yell?

Mar 13, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Congrats, ding!

Okay, time to go outside for a walk before my head explodes....

Mar 13, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
Chairman-Mao

it's not a random yell. i have to sell my car now.... i need money for grad school.

Mar 13, 07 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

well then, congrats!

what program, how were you notified?

Mar 13, 07 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
Chairman-Mao

i mean it doesn't matter where i go... i need cash. I'm going to Vegas this weekend. I'm going to win!

Mar 13, 07 1:41 pm  · 
 · 

yayyy all you shiny happy people!

I've been thinking, someone said on Thread Central the other day that 'we have a lot of smart people on these boards'. And no offense to y'all, basing this mostly off of my opinion of myself, I think it's more that we push each other. We see everyone else getting into Yale and GSD, and go, "well why the hell shouldn't I try?" I know you guys have certainly emboldened me to give things a try when I could have easily talked myself out of it.

Mar 13, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

that is really ridiculous - about pratt. and for it to happen once, okay - that's fine. but twice? come on.

· 
Chairman-Mao

3 year +. email.

· 
Chairman-Mao

3 year +. email.

Mar 13, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
scspisak

wow, harvard that's awesome ding!

Mar 13, 07 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

so can we assume if we dont get an email today from harvard weve been rejected?

Mar 13, 07 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

no.

· 
ClemsonDnB

and by the way congrats ding!!!

· 
designbydesign

nice to find this site.

so here is the deal. i got in Wash U in st. louis. UIUC and RISD.

Where should i go? any suggestions. ( i know i have to visit all of them. but could someone just tell me something about these three.) I need to figure out this fast because i'm going on a month long trip to South West Asia, so India.... China.. etc......

Please help.

Mar 13, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
Chairman-Mao

some got emails from GSD yesterday.

Designbydesign:

I got in Wash U and UIUC too. good question there. I wanna know something about those two too.

Mar 13, 07 1:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: