Archinect
anchor

spider-man 2 -- need confirmation

bgingras

saw spider-man 2 yesterday, all in all an entertaining film.

near the end there is a scene in Harry's living room -- a top down shot of the couches and coffee table, etc. Sitting on top of the coffee table were a few books, the only visible one looked a WHOLE LOT like the Taschen book on Alvaro Siza. I distinctly remember seeing the white letters 'SIZA.'

Can anyone confirm this??

Jul 12, 04 5:37 pm
sewage

Yes. I saw it too.

Jul 12, 04 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
crillywazzy

every morning on the today show, just behind whatever idiot they're interviewing (wife watches it, so step back...), there's a copy of that purple taschen "architecture now" jodidio book.

Jul 13, 04 11:38 am  · 
 · 
JG

I thought I was the only one who noticed that simply becuase I thought I was the only "high-brow" architect who watches the Today show. Good to know I am not.

Jul 13, 04 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
crillywazzy

i might see a today show once or twice a month, but there's no way in hell i'll ever see spiderman 2. i have standards...

Jul 14, 04 1:12 am  · 
 · 
gasp

a note regarding 'standards':

so often as designers we put our nose in the air about pop culture items like Spiderman. I for one think the ongoing education of architecture involves keeping up to date with all contemporary culture.

I haven't seen spiderman 2, but I wouldn't diss someone who has.

Jul 14, 04 3:25 am  · 
 · 
Helsinki

Hey, Spiderman 2 was great! Raimi is getting back in shape, the movie had a lot of his visual flair as well as a certain tone of naivete combined with sincerity, seriousness and play. I was positively surprised: best superhero film for a while. Maybe the best ever after the Batman sequel. Mr. Molina was especially good.

Jul 14, 04 4:30 am  · 
 · 
spak

spiderman 2 was bloody brilliant. im not usually one for hollywood rubbish but this was actually a good film. i would pay to see it again

Jul 14, 04 7:22 am  · 
 · 
adso

Anyone notice the dining room chairs in Aunt May's house? I couldn't place them, but the were really interesting- all wood, low backs and spindle legs.
The wife always rolls her eyes when we're in a theater and I blurt out something like "cool chairs".

Jul 14, 04 10:06 am  · 
 · 
JG

I also noticed those. I am 90% sure they are the Nelson inspired chairs that ABC Carpet & Home sells. take a look at the lounge chair in the back of this photo.

http://www.abchome.com/asp/floor.asp?parent=25&menuID=23&menu_group=1

Jul 14, 04 10:47 am  · 
 · 
lexi

Spiderman 2 mistakes:

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film3843

Jul 14, 04 12:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: