Archinect
anchor

M. Arch. Acceptance Deferral and Re-evaluation

Zorbon the Builder

TL;DR: Do I have a chance at a better ranked M.Arch than UVA?

Background: I got accepted to UVA's M.Ach for Fall 2024 with some funding but I deferred my acceptance to next year, Fall 2025.

I am 37 years old. I graduated college with 2.97 GPA in applied math in 2015. I dropped out of my first college in 2007 and had a GPA of 1.63 there. I put together a pretty good portfolio and got into UVA, Georgia Tech and Syracuse. Unfortunately, Harvard, MIT, Cornell and Notre Dame rejected me however. Is there a way for me to go back to school and take undergraduate classes or non-degree classes anywhere for a year or so and re-apply to atop 10 school? 

My job is 100% remote and it's very easy. Boring as sin, but I rarely work more than 20 hours per week so I can go to school and work while I build up my GPA and portfolio.

Should I just go with UVA, as I am not getting any younger, or delay the process for another 2 years and try again? I think UVA is an amazing school and program but I much would rather go to a Harvard/Yale/MIT etc. You only get one M.Arch. so I want to do the best I can do to open the right doors.

Jul 1, 24 6:24 pm

Go with the least costly option.  The national average pay for fresh arch grads (B.Arch or M.Arch, regardless of school) is around $45k.  

Jul 1, 24 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
Zorbon the Builder

Thanks but am willing to pay.

Jul 1, 24 6:44 pm  · 
 · 

That's great. 

It's going to be a waste of money as you're not going to get a noticeable increase in pay or job opportunities by going with a certain program. If money is no concern then apply to whatever program you want. 

Jul 1, 24 6:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: