Archinect
anchor

Architectural Association First Year

bigness

tickertocker, i havent even sent the application in yet!
i've got another 3 weeks before my final presentation, too busy now.
anyway soul, let us know when you're coming to visit, we'll make sure bedford square is ready for you!

May 17, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
Auguste Perret

Hey, so, why don't you show us your portfolio and we'll tell you if welikeit? Also, are you only applying to AA and Cooper Union?

May 17, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
mouse

Oh dear I seem to have frightened poor old Soulekeit - I haven't known him so quiet before. Come on, you can cope - Alice is a sophisticated woman, she's not phased by some poor little first year mouthing off. What you should be trying to do is prove you're a grown up person with a bit of humility, not a complete w----r (english word).

May 17, 06 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
soulikeit

so do u guys want me to do?

May 17, 06 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
e

what do you want to do?

May 17, 06 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
soulikeit

to enter AA of course

May 17, 06 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
mouse

forgive me, it's been so long since I read the early part of this thread, but have you actually applied? Had an interview? Where are you in the process? I've lost track.

May 17, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
rotwang

Buddy, you’ve ruined any chance you might have had at the AA. Just by making this thread and showing off your immaturity and insulting people in big positions. JUST STOP THINKING ABOUT THE AA - IT'S NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!

YOU JUST DON"T GET IT!

GO AWAY, STUDY SOMETHING ELSE, AND GROW UP!

May 17, 06 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
rotwang

Buddy, you’ve ruined any chance you might have had at the AA. Just by making this thread and showing off your immaturity and insulting people in big positions. JUST STOP THINKING ABOUT THE AA - IT'S NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!

YOU JUST DON"T GET IT!

GO AWAY, STUDY SOMETHING ELSE, AND GROW UP!

May 17, 06 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
soulikeit

i'm gonna shutup. since people on this thread don't seem to appreciate my eagerness.

May 17, 06 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
mouse

You haven't answered my question... why don't you concentrate, instead of going off at a tangent. It's not eagerness you're displaying. You don't actually give any proper thought to anything. Take a few deep breaths. think. try to put your words into some kind of order and tell us about your work.

May 17, 06 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

i'm bringing this back. life's no fun without soulelikeit first thing in the morning. soul, c'mon, get back to it. you'll get nowhere if you're not persistent! fire away.

May 20, 06 4:30 am  · 
 · 
mouse

Ticker Tocker - I think you'll find Soulikeit has changed his alliegence. Look on the other thread re Cooper Union.

May 20, 06 6:48 am  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

mouse, soul seems to have gone underground. you've scared the lad away. shame on you! :-)

i suppose i'll just have to find my morning kicks elsewhere. first there was per. and then there was soul. and then there were none.

*sigh*

May 21, 06 7:40 am  · 
 · 
mouse

I know, he's made me feel like a bully. But if you're missing him you'll find him under the Cooper Union thread........ so he's not completely lost. Trouble is, if Cooper is as difficult to get into as is implied there, I don't know if he'll make it.

May 21, 06 10:25 am  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

haha. true enough, mouse.

however, he seems to have disappeared from the cooper thread as well. if all of us have conspired to make him/her change his/her mind, it'll be a grave loss to the architectural profession.

May 22, 06 1:13 am  · 
 · 
mouse

Maybe, but not necessarily to the AA or Cooper.

May 22, 06 4:35 am  · 
 · 
alexan

if he goes to cooper and acts this eager im going to feed him to the bowery crackheads

May 23, 06 9:40 am  · 
 · 
skizzil26

if you really wanted guidance soulkeit, maybe you should've posted
a pdf or link to your portfolio, and ask for some advice on how you could approve or make it better.

May 23, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
Cors

Wow. This thread is old.

Looking into applying first year at A.A.

I'm not sure if I learned anything or was just amused.

Jan 19, 17 1:01 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

^ I'm more amused at the fact that you acknowledged this thread is old yet still necropost.

Jan 19, 17 4:12 am  · 
 · 
nickhsiao

I just had a interview today....apply straight away to First Year

Mar 24, 17 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
sacikel

I got in to the AA First Year program this year and will start at September, I know how tense this process could get and would happily answer any questions anyone might have. I am an international student.

Jul 12, 19 4:55 am  · 
 · 
Koww

what halppened to soulikeit? is that admissions lady really a bitch? 

Jul 16, 19 8:33 am  · 
 · 
AlinaF

Soulikeit did you get admitted into the AA at last? 

Aug 22, 19 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
ainnasabri

Is he getting in or not? hahaha

Jun 29, 21 8:02 am  · 
 · 
๑bobas&straws

did you get accepted or not? 

Jan 15, 24 6:01 am  · 
 · 
twinklekhanna

I completely understand your frustration with the lack of information available regarding entry into the First Year program at the Architectural Association. It can indeed be challenging to find specific details about admission processes, especially for renowned institutions like AA.

While I might not have the precise information you're seeking, I encourage you to reach out directly to the Architectural Association admissions office for the most accurate and up-to-date details about the application process, requirements, and any other inquiries you may have. Additionally, consider connecting with current or former students of the program, as they may offer valuable insights and firsthand experiences that could assist you in your research.

Wishing you the best of luck in your pursuit of information and your potential application to the First Year program at AA. modern indian main door design

Mar 2, 24 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
AiyannaMeghan

I was accepted to first year at the AA, though i have already have an undergraduate degree in an unrelated field. i agree with doberman- i don't think it is that tough to be offered a place at the AA; the challenge is 'getting out'. if you want to go to straight to first year, i recommend that you take their summer design studio. if not- be prepared to make a good case for skipping foundation.

Mar 20, 24 3:16 am  · 
 · 
vividkreations

I understand your frustration with the lack of information about entry into the First Year program at the Architectural Association. While it can be challenging to find specific details, reaching out to current students or alumni through platforms like Archinect might provide some insights. Additionally, contacting the admissions office directly or attending informational sessions hosted by the AA could also offer valuable information about the application process and requirements. Keep persevering, and hopefully, you'll uncover the information you need. Best of luck with your application journey!

Mar 22, 24 6:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: