anchor

Thread Central

WonderK

Happy birthday, architechnophilia!

Apr 12, 07 11:12 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

happy birthday, architechnophilia..
being 30 is not that much of a mile stone as 1 might think but nevertheless if you can get stoned on something on your birthday. so be it, islander..

Apr 12, 07 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

hah hah thanks everyone for the well wishes...abra, dubK & LB

I'm slow coming about today as we've been fighting over breakfast. Some friends an architect, an interior architect (ID) and an artist mulling over breakfast as my niece and nephew played at our feet. It was a great way to start the day.

Apr 12, 07 3:05 pm  · 
 · 

liberty I'm loving the animals (Hippo birdie deer & ewes) I always wanted a farm, as well I can officially forget my pretence of youth

Apr 12, 07 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
AP

happy birthday techno, congrats on your first 30!

Apr 12, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

happy birthday tecno!

Apr 12, 07 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
n_

architechnophilia - sheng ri kuai le

i'm glad after all my mandarin classes, i still remember how to say 'happy birthday' and 'i do not eat dog or cat.'

Apr 12, 07 7:00 pm  · 
 · 

hah hah thanks AP we'll make plans for the next 30...vado what no video?

n_ i dunno I was reading about Corb using the hide of his dead dog to wrap his copy of Don Quixote | made me wonder what happened to the rest of the dog

Apr 12, 07 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
AP

ni hou ma, wo shi me gwo ren. not sure if i 'spelled' it right, but that's supposed to mean "hello, i am an american" in cantonese (i think that's what they were teaching us)...

i used it to the delight of a restaurant owner in london's chinatown this past september. he asked where i was from...

ok. time for me to pack. i leave tomorrow after work to see the family in miami for the weekend...and to drop off some stuff for the 'rents to store. dad gets the boxes of books, cds etc, and mom gets the family heirlooms and my car...

treekiller, i'll say hi to the everglades for ya.

Apr 12, 07 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Happy BirthDayMr.TeChNo

Apr 12, 07 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
n_

ni hao ma, who shi mei guo ren...same in mandarin too.

mei guo means 'american.' mei means 'beautiful' and guo means 'country.' i thought it was really interesting that america was defined in their langauge as beautiful country.

Apr 12, 07 7:39 pm  · 
 · 

vado...sweet! Thanks muchly

Apr 12, 07 8:21 pm  · 
 · 

30 was a breeze.

40 i am not looking forward to as it is coming up way to fast. am impressed that you are so happy about it LB.

hapy b-days all!

Apr 12, 07 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

just for your eyes!

Apr 12, 07 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
some person

On March 30th, it was my client's 53rd birthday and my 26 1/2 birthday (or "half birthday" if you will), which made me exactly half his age for that single day. I pointed it out to him - not to make him feel old, but to remark on the rare occassion.

There is one day per lifetime when you are exactly half the age of someone your senior.

Apr 12, 07 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

dca- another archinector who could be my kid.

Apr 12, 07 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

ok, I did a google search on "vado retro child" and this pic came up???

Apr 12, 07 11:05 pm  · 
 · 

hah hah hah that's too funny

Apr 12, 07 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

hey architechno - happy (belated?) B-day! Sorry if I missed it :)

Apr 12, 07 11:58 pm  · 
 · 

still time enough here. Thanks much

Apr 13, 07 1:09 am  · 
 · 
n_

A fun-filled (sarcasm) day of redlines.

I have listened to five This American Life archives today. Five.

Apr 13, 07 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
n_

tumbles, they are free if you stream them.

http://thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Archive.aspx

Apr 13, 07 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Well, just a few minutes ago my project manager informed me that there's a rumor going around the office that I'm planning to move to NYC, and asked me point-blank if it was true.

I really suck at lying (and at keeping secrets), so I told her it was one of several options I'm looking at, but regardless of what I end up doing, I'd give the firm plenty of advance notice.

Truth of the matter is, I've already set a moving date (end of June) and reserved a truck, but I'd rather not give my official resignation notice until around the end of May. Not sure if I can keep it under my hat for that long, though.

Help!

Apr 13, 07 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

gin, they probably know because they read archinect, huh?

Apr 13, 07 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

If my bosses read archinect, I'd have been fired months ago.

Apr 13, 07 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

cheers to that gin.

Apr 13, 07 6:35 pm  · 
 · 

I don't think the bosses necessarily read archinect, but my bet is that someone else in that office does.

I think you gave a fine response, and it's absolutely your right to keep your plans close to the vest for a while longer.

Apr 13, 07 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

my boss had archinect open the other day. i about skipped a heart beat, but then got over it.

Apr 13, 07 7:33 pm  · 
 · 

lol the beauty of being able to hide under a veil

Apr 13, 07 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

I'd be screwed if they ever went on here, I'm so obvious. Especially now with this grad school stuff, you'd only have to read about three of my posts to know exactly who I am.

Apr 13, 07 7:47 pm  · 
 · 

you'd be surprised how oblivious we are in the office...oops

Apr 13, 07 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I just thought I would stop by to mention that about a week ago, mdler had about 400 less posts than me.....

Now he's only about 10 behind me.....and he's about to GarwondLer past me....

That is all.

ta!

Apr 13, 07 10:10 pm  · 
 · 

bad guy alert!:

am i the only one who thinks the mdler/tumbleweed thing is just boring?

[sorry mdler and tumbles.]

Apr 14, 07 8:04 am  · 
 · 
paperharbinger

I think they should keep it to a post or two max. I am getting tired of having to read about their sexual fantasies everywhere. Ok, I dont HAVE to read it, but I like reading archinect and if I find a thread that looks interesting I dont want it to be just a narcisist post. I dont subject everyone to my sexual fantasies/exploits, my advice: get a room, get 1 thread, and stay away from the rest of us that do not want to see it.

Every 3 months or so archinect seems to become a middle school for a couple of weeks; these are hopefully those two weeks.

Apr 14, 07 8:11 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You're not totally alone Steven - it's fun in small bits, but has gotten a bit out of hand this week.

Now if every one of those posts was accompanied by a picture of a beautiful building, that would be fun!

Apr 14, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Or alternatively, a picture of beautiful shoes.

kidding.

For Friday the 13th I got a speeding ticket - in my husband's XB!!! You'd think if I was getting a speeding ticket I'd at least have gotten it in my Miata!!!

Sigh. There goes my dream of getting a cell phone with blue tooth. Maybe in a few months.

Apr 14, 07 9:43 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

watchin this documentary film on zumthor's baths. two thoughts: they should a got professional swimsuit models for this shoot. and god i need to go to a spa.

Apr 14, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

We're having dinner guests tonight, someone fairly high up in Indy's art world. For appetizers, I bought some cheese from local artisan cheese-makers Capriole. The cheese is called "Old Kentucky Tomme" - I have no idea what it will taste like (steven, Fogey, any idea?) - but it did cost twenty bucks a pound! Luckily I have wine still from the Women in Architecure meeting, so I didn't have to buy any booze.

Apr 14, 07 12:27 pm  · 
 · 

o wow. what's cooking lb?

i was at two different places yesterday first one was working on journalistic project the other was looking for material to review on an architectural education summit going on in sci arc. i ran into a library conference table competetion juried by eric moss, pete eisenman exhibition, and zaha/moss projects for kazakhstan.
by the time i came home, i was beat but tonight we are going to bbq the omaha steaks tina's brother sent us. it is really weird to get beef in the mail but i know that meat is delicious. i am going to my office right now and will go to a job site later and i hope to do my taxes with acct's help. too much shit if you ask me. but i am glad about the meat and potatoes dinner.

Apr 14, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

speaking of goats. alexander selkirk, the real robinson crusoe, was able to survive primarily because of the goats he found on the island. his father was a tanner, so selkirk was able to make hides, eat meat and apparently have sexual encounters. i don't know if he ever hosted any fancy parties after his rescue. he became a bit of a recluse even though he became famous.

Apr 14, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
Happy Tax day
Apr 14, 07 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Pork tenderloin grilled with a sorta Cuban-type relish: black beans, corn, orange juice, lime, red onions, etc. And asparagus. Blue and yellow chips.

They are bringing dessert, but I always like to end meals with guests by having a tiny bite of dark chocolate on the table for eveyone - just seems like a nice way to end a meal, but before the real dessert comes out. So I bought some Endangered Species (local chocolate comapny) Extreme Dark Chocolate (88%).

And I had a serious discussion with Angus at lunch telling him how important it is that he not say "fart" at the table tonight. This is a child-free couple, they would probably not find it very funny.

Apr 14, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 

go angus... I must liberty I'm often amazed that your son seems to have more personality from what you tell us, that people I've had to interact with on a day to day basis

Apr 14, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 

vado - I head to the spa (its not the Zumthor but it is eco friendly) on MOnday...a part of the birthday gift.

Apr 14, 07 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke
Roomba Violates All Three Laws of Roombotics
Apr 14, 07 10:18 pm  · 
 · 

has anybody seen puddles?

Apr 15, 07 10:56 am  · 
 · 

puddles ran away again? Child needs a tracking device

Apr 15, 07 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

went to Milan and Venice last weekend. Figure you all might enjoy seeing some pics.

Apr 15, 07 3:42 pm  · 
 · 

Okay I'm officially jealous. Lovely photographs...

Apr 15, 07 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I am highly aggravated today. Reasons one,
two,
and three.

Not a great way to spend a Sunday so I'm going to watch a movie to cheer myself up.

Apr 15, 07 8:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: