dang. okay, here is a link. and no, i haven't started drinking yet:
http://nwmicrobrews.com/gallery/Hard_Liver_2006/DSCF0098

Sep 25, 06 1:57 pm  · 
 · 

snooty new member fighting with treekiller on their first post

Sep 25, 06 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Architphil - thanks for joining the fray and putting gb in his place. (sigh) and the kid is still in school - you'd think a smart young punk who has been lurking around here for a while (enough to know some of the places that I've lived) would know the decorum of discussion threads... how can you compare (let's ban maplethorp ass-backwards southern ohio) cincinnatti, with philthydelphia or the mini-apple? In his sherlockholmsing, he missed that I've lived in LA for longer then those other places. Yeah, and I spent 4 years in ohio too.

Sep 25, 06 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

e- great party! what was the best beer of the night?

Sep 25, 06 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Thanks for the notice, architphil, and good response. Treekiller I love your snarky first comment, too. Reminds me of a responseone time by our much-admired Steven Ward awhile back, when someone started a thread with a long passionate rant about passion in architecture, how it is an art form that reaches deep into our beings and yet we have to manifest it from within the chains of professional practice and we should rise up against that tyranny etc etc. Steven was poster #1 with the response "Do you feel better? Now get back to work."

I laughed my butt off at that one.

Sep 25, 06 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

"if you have to ask, then don't leave ohio."

treekiller
i wouldn't quite throw myself on your sword falling off your high
horse yet...true, the kid could easily do some research..but on
the other hand is there any reason to post the kind of response
that you gave other than to be an ass? i don't think so. if you're
not going to be helpful than why not just type nothing?

of course his question is broad and disinteresting i'll give you that,
but maybe he was looking for a listing of firms that wouldn't be in
the yellow pages or wouldn't come up on a first search or previous
thread.

sometimes it seems to me that people around here forget how it
felt starting out. thankfully we either all learned quick..or better yet
had someone that at least gave a small bit of advice in an attempt
to be helpful before writing us off.

just my 2 cents

Sep 25, 06 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

or maybe i missed the humor with which the comment was intended..

Sep 25, 06 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
e

treekiller, i'd say it was hair of the dog adam from the wood (Magnum).

Sep 25, 06 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

and he did apologize

Sep 25, 06 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

e- is it just me or does that guy in the black jacket have no pupils?

Sep 25, 06 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

i think it's pretty fucking funny. he didn't need to be so bristly, it's not like he posted any contextual info. if you want people to help you, help them help you...

anyway, steven: a) i hope you're still alive and enjoying architecture
b) are you also "notpercorell"? i caught something somewhere about a basement flood...

Sep 25, 06 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

e- so where can I buy some?

lars- it was supposed to be funny and to goad the poster into providing more information... but now GB has finally revealed enough info so we can help him.

Sep 25, 06 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

true dat treekiller
i was a bit of an ass myself

it's monday after all.

Sep 25, 06 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
e

lars, i know. i noticed that too. creepy.

treekiller, not sure if you can get it. best bet would be to call the brewer. it is aged in oak barrels for 7 years and is only occasionally available from the brewer. here is a bit more about the beer: hair of the dog from the wood

Sep 25, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

i noticed that too myriam... it does appear that

notpercorrell = steven ward

the shroud of anonymity is removed...

Sep 25, 06 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

i'm actually everybody except you.

Sep 25, 06 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

and not me!

Sep 25, 06 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

eek!

wait, how do i know you're not me?

Sep 25, 06 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

or me?

Sep 25, 06 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

will the real not per correll, please stand up.

Sep 25, 06 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Steven and I are the same, except that I'm an asshole and he isn't, so actually we're not.

Sep 25, 06 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i don't even want to even click on the fancy graphics lover thread anymore. it just is too much for me.

or should i pay homage to per for my first studio project? class starts on thursday. i'm infinitely excited and terrified all at the same time. i don't even have a new school outfit for the first day :-(

Sep 25, 06 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Steven and I are the same, except that I'm a complete loser and he isn't, so actually we're not.

Sep 25, 06 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I decided maybe "asshole" was too harsh, even if I am talking about myselves.

Sep 25, 06 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i like the screenname "dirty sancez"

Sep 25, 06 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

er make that dirty sanchez...

Sep 25, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Also, myriam is officially the Smartest Girl Around (SMA) and could put those CHG's to shame too. Look out Chicago!

Sep 25, 06 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

maybe we should create a bionic poster persona with password known to selected people known for their posting abilities. it could be like ' 6 million $ poster central creature ' with a password like ' go ahead make my day ' !?

i am losing my mind...

Sep 25, 06 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

abra mine's been lost for the last 5 days. I'm in good company with you, though.

Sep 25, 06 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

why thank you, libertybell! i am feeling pretty dumb today, actually. i thought i had a deep thought about football, which made me start to kinda like and get into it, and then it turned out i was wrong. so now i'm confused--even though i was wrong, can i still enjoy the fact that i am starting to appreciate football?

ow.

Sep 25, 06 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

myriam, tom thanks you for your support:

Sep 25, 06 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i was looking for acad short cut file because i heard in the internet and i've found this acad american flag in the program files. upon the closer look i discovered that stars were replaced by crosses. are we secular architects or god bless us holy cross?

Sep 25, 06 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i am not not per.

there should def be a uni-character ... senor cadabra can be in charge of contacting voltron's various appendages.

ACfA - best of luck on the first day.
I recommend jeans and a t-shirt, plus your favorite shoes.

Sep 25, 06 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

am totally bored, archinect isn't moving fast enough today.

Did anyone notice myriam hit 1000 comments?

Sep 25, 06 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

yeah Myriam!!!!! did myriam notice she hit 1000 comments?
Strawbeary- you should have joined the fun in the LA firm thread

Sep 25, 06 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I know very few LA HOT firms. Furthermore I don't make recommendations to/for strangers. I also avoid aggression if at all possible.

Sep 25, 06 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

funny how telling your current firm you are moving to another state goes...needless to say, i have to work some time on saturday to help a project get back on track....good thing i don't run the world or else you'd all be fucked, as it seems all the bad things one imagines happening at moments like that never materialize and you sit there wondering why you spent all that energy killing yourself over the moment of doom.

Sep 25, 06 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

beta-
congrats on breaking the news. did anybody guess this was coming? So when is your last day?

Sep 25, 06 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

october 27th and no one saw this, but the partner i am close to knew something was wrong a few weeks ago...

Sep 25, 06 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Well you did a dandy job keeping news about your friend on the hush-hush... Good luck with the packing!

Sep 25, 06 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Our new house in Mpls - all for $1600/mo!

We had 1/2 the space in LA for $2k/mo.

gotta love the midwest for housing.

Hope we don't get any floods like Steve Ward...

Sep 25, 06 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

wow! nice!

Sep 25, 06 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Crap. I suck.

I am surprised to see page 43 slip down below the other two rows of numbers - I figured it would be next to 42. Who knows, maybe on pc's it is!

Sep 25, 06 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
AP

nope. 3rd row here too.

treekiller, your home looks lovely.

Sep 25, 06 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

wow, so I did! Yay, me! I wish this somehow meant I was productive person... hmm.

In my defense I am finishing out projects at my job, so I have more disposable time to post lately. *ahem.*

also, beta, I totally had the same thing happen last week... breaking up with your job can be so anticlimactic compared to all the anxiety ahead of time!

That's my last day, too. Good luck!

Sep 25, 06 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Oh wow that's such a cute house!!! I am jealous--I've had the homeowner itch lately. Mainly because I just want to DO STUFF to my place and it's hard to work up the justification to do anything to a rental when you know you'll either get burned for it when you move out, or have to put it all back the way it was. Ugh.

It didn't help that I got a letter in the mail from my grandpa today informing me that the 150 year old, huge, dilapidated Victorian house in Oakland my grandparents lived in when I was a little girl is up for sale... I would kill to own it, KILL. That's where I learned how to play golf (in the backyard, into coffee cans buried in the ground), climb trees, and work with wood--my grampa had a little woodshop up on the 2nd floor in a sunny screened in porch. That house is amazing. It even has a tower! I can't believe it's for sale!!

Sep 25, 06 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

nice move tk.

Sep 25, 06 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

thanks myriam. good luck to you as well...now i have to find a place to live and ship one car there and pack and drive three cats across the country....yea me the easy part is over - OMG

Sep 25, 06 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

nice tk, looks like some nice trees for you to kill there.

Sep 25, 06 8:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: