Sep 21, 06 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

actually myriam...didn't you post a pic on the 'what do archinecters
look like' thread?

Sep 21, 06 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

hey! we have a new member of archinect with a great rant on the 'Interior Designer Fights Back' thread- FP is a really sassy business owner...

Sep 21, 06 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
AP

that's one of the best things I've read in a while!

Sep 21, 06 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

400 bottles of beer on the wall, 400 bottles of beer!
take one down, pass it around....

I'm buying this round to celebrate my 400th post-
whaddya having?

Sep 21, 06 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

hmm....back in the day i'd drink mojitos....

Sep 21, 06 7:49 pm  · 
 · 

i just put the interior design writing in the news. it is really fascinating from certain point of view. link

Sep 21, 06 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

myriam posted a cartoon if i recall... one with no nose.

and you can find some good fresh jerky on the road up to mammoth mt. from LA.

Sep 21, 06 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
AP

yes, I also recall nose-less myriam. cute, for a line drawing...

treekiller, i'll have a blue moon.

Sep 21, 06 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

oh right... one Anchor Steam for me.

Sep 22, 06 3:04 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

thanks guys ...

wedding was a blast .. its kinda nice to see the whole family getting together ... and yeah it was one of them traditional weddings, which in India means .... very very colourfull. pretty cool actually.

Orahan .. can you beleive that i have actually been going through some pages just to check out the images !! .. crazy !!

LB .. I actually bought my first MacBookpro ... it is so neat. I'm already in love with it !! whatever windows is gonna get out in Vista wouldn't be half as good as OS on Mac.

Sep 22, 06 7:37 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

man i got four thousand posts and never made the news. im old news...

Sep 22, 06 7:46 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

I'm nursing my 400th post hangover by chewing on a piece of jerky.

Vado- I'll buy a belated round for you - yeah it's almost too early to start drinking, but... Hey, can you collect all your lyrics into a new thread? Maybe title it 'Vado's platinum album' or something like that?

Any clue as to what city FP operates from? there was a hint about chicago/mid-west in the 'blocks size' posts, but she doesn't seem to be in a first tier city, since her market reaches out 150-200 miles with no other competition... Bismark? Boise? Des Moine? St. Louis? Davenport? Indianapolis?

Sep 22, 06 10:57 am  · 
 · 

sounds like chicago from this.

Sep 22, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 
raj

from this:
"ID in this town [a large-ish East Coast city] "

i think you are on the wrong track :)

good post from her though! cool to have someone so revealing about her profession...i wonder what a real expose about archies would look like??

Sep 22, 06 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

i am hoping somebody take the time and do it on the architects.
no, it is not gonna be me since i have not enough experience in the corporate environs even though i know some questionable dealings on behalf of small architects but that is not so significant and doesn't represent large amounts of money or trend.

btw, making her post a news item does not make me share her views, i just found it fascinating that somebody came forward and spoke after some taboo like secrets of the profession from an angle of a furniture dealer/space planner. that was pretty ballsy on her part and thats why i found it news worthy.

as far as vado goes, he knows he is a rock star around here and writes the songs and manifestos.

Sep 22, 06 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

AP, you'll be happy to know that I just used your second postcard to gently move a spider from my kitchen drawer to the backyard.

!!!!Thanks for the postcard!!!!

It's Friday evening and I'm drinking fizzy water with a shot of plum sake in it. Kinda like a wine cooler, so '80s.

Happy weekend everyone!

Sep 22, 06 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I picture myriam with black hair. Am I close?

Sep 22, 06 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

happy weekend!!!!

it's time to crack open a beer!

Sep 22, 06 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
e

speaking of beer, i am heading to the great american beer festival in denver next week. lots of beers will be offered. can wait for the rare gems to be found.

Sep 22, 06 7:14 pm  · 
 · 

drinkin' beer. mmmm.

Sep 22, 06 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

beer festival? wasn't that some movie that just came out?

Sep 23, 06 10:43 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I am still sick so while I drank on Friday night (a "pim pom" courtesy of Chris Daniel's Pimm's), I called it a night at about 11:30. Hey, it was Friday and I've had a long week!

I too, got AP's last postcard. Absolutely cool. Thanks so much AP! I love the collage, it's the most interesting postcard in my collection!

Sep 23, 06 11:43 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

im drinkin some deadman's reach coffee from alaskanistan...purchased at local indy coffee shop...

Sep 23, 06 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
AP

hey, does anyone remember what thread medit posted the code for making the font on a post large, small, blue, red etc.?

Sep 23, 06 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
AP

sweet. thanks.

Sep 23, 06 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I think maybe Steven and I need some good karmic energy blasted our ways. Steven just had a flood in the basement where all his stuff is stored, and my hard drive failure resulted in the loss of all my photographs (18 motnhs of my son) and all my freelance work photos (Eames exhibit, some kickass interiors, and sadly, Steven, all my GSA stuff). Does anyone know a good data recovery service? I need a true to god miracle worker.

At least the sun is shining today! Maybe when Steven and I see each other in Louisville this weekend we'll bring together two negatives and make a positive.

Sep 24, 06 10:44 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

the sun was shining. it is clouding over quickly...

Sep 24, 06 11:48 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

LB - driversavers.com can recover almost anything but they are also expensive. Sometimes over a grand expensive because they do it in a cleanroom and can recover drives sector by sector.

Sep 24, 06 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Jeepers. Thanks for thinking of it Janosh! But yeah, jeepers....

And yes vado, now it's cloudy. But I had a nice afternoon with my son and I'm feeling more positive about it all.

Besides, the cute hipster girl thread has evolved into a Bush twin bashing, yay! Much more fun! Except of course what I posted about the lack of intelligence in the Bush clan reads like the typing of a drunk sorority girl given my lazy proofing before hitting submit, oh well!

Sep 24, 06 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
e

lb, i had my tech guy take a crack at it first. it only cost me around $400 as opposed to the over $1000 it would have cost if he had to send it to a place like janosh is suggesting. it may be worth finding someone like that first.

Sep 24, 06 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Close, Strawbeary--I have dark brown hair, although it is inexplicably getting lighter in recent years. Hmm.

Sep 24, 06 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

all the photos of young mr. a, you cant lose them.

Sep 24, 06 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

a thought... the tyranny of the birdseye view. okay everyone who is designin these days seems to show dynamic roofs in their birdseye views of their modelled designs. is all this dynamism just do to the birdseye view because frankly, unless you fly to work in a jetcar, most of the time you do not see the roof of buildings. and where do the rtu's go??? just a thought...

Sep 24, 06 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
e

but vado, with the advent of google maps your rooftop must look good.

Sep 24, 06 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i'd still rather have a jetcar...

Sep 24, 06 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

just pulled a batch of brownies from the oven - still warm. yummmm!

who wants one?

Sep 24, 06 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

ok - i'm very domesticated for a guy.

I like building stuff, but lumber is expensive, it takes lots of time, and I will eventually run out of space for new furniture; I've taken up baking instead. Much cheaper, instant gratification, healthier and tastier then most of what you can buy, and just as messy as carpentry...

Sep 24, 06 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

healthier? brownies?

lb, to put things in perspective, a friend of mine's car was stolen while we were surfing on this beautiful sunday morning in broad daylight. crappy things happen through life, but i think it's the worst when someone consciouslly does something awful to someone else. a little part of your faith in humanity gets lost...

Sep 24, 06 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

vado, I think Apple will start designing some cool rtu's that play mp3s. They have filleted corners.

I missed your Tegan. My free wireless is spotty - little to no Me Tube.

Sep 24, 06 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You're absolutely right, ACfA. I've been reminding myself that laptops get stolen all the time, and imagining how raped I would feel if someone stole my pictures instead of me just losing them through my own actions. Also, I spoke tonight with a girlfriend who works in a pediatric ward that sees frequent child abuse cases: my life is heaven.

Sorry for your friend's car - that is awful and so unfair. Mean people suck.

treekiller, often when I have a lousy day I make cookies with my son - because it's a fun activity AND it is pretty much a guaranteed success - some days you just need something, anything, to go right. Friday we made star cutout cookies which we called California Stars cookies in honor of the Wilco song. Happy happy.

Sep 24, 06 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

like that LB- since I'm california dreaming on this cool autumn day...
yeah - homemade brownies are healthier (but I won't tell you how).

Sep 25, 06 9:46 am  · 
 · 
AP

treekiller's number of comments

-

treekiller's number of entries

=

420 or healthier brownies.

Sep 25, 06 10:11 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

I like that math, but I'm now up to 442- damn now I need to post a new entry to keep the brownies healthy

(ok, I used whole wheat pastry flour from bob's red mill, and halfed the amount of butter while increasing the chocolate- yumn!!!)

Sep 25, 06 10:21 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

e, I'll most likely be there. I went last year. Be careful, sampling among hundreds of kinds of beer one ounce at a time doesn't always sit well with the tummy!

Sep 25, 06 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

lb

1k may be worth it just to make sure it's done right. and just think
since most of the stuff to be recovered is work..it's completely justifiable
as a business expense. so it's basically free. except you'll have to pay
for it now.

anyway just a thought...my hardrive completely fried and apple wasn't
able to recover anything supposedly. thankfully all i lost was some
xcel files i made for personal use..i think i had everything else on cd,
but i'm thinking i need to download it to one or two hardrives for
safety's sake.

Sep 25, 06 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

LB,

most harddrive recovery places will charge you a fee of somewhere around $300 to look at the harddrive and let you know if anything can be recovered, after that they will charge you to actually recover the information for a total of around $1000... i sent mine to a place like that and they still weren't able to get any information off of the fried drive...

was your hard drive making any funny noises before it died? if so, it probably failed mechanically and most likely is now just a nice paperweight (this is what happened to mine)... if it just randomly went kaput, then there is probably hope that stuff can be recovered...

i lost tons of photos (puppyhood, school friends, arch. models, construction of our first house, etc.) it sucks...

Sep 25, 06 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
e

hey strawbeary, i'm looking forward to it. i have friends who are well connected in the industry, and probably better than the festival, will be the private backroom tastings. that's where the really good stuff will be.

i'm pretty seasoned with these types of events. i've found it is essential to eat well before hand and drink lots of water during the event. you'll feel much better the next day.

this was the last tasting i did. note the bottles on the wall. they are the empties. we did around 100 by the end of the night.

[/img]

Sep 25, 06 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: