· 
AP
May 7, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
AP

oops...

May 7, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 

I like making him bald, with dreamy eyes and a big silly grin. He looks pretty stoned that way.

May 7, 06 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Back.

China was very interesting, but no time for serious architectural study as most of the time I was in a moving car or in a factory. Would be interested now in reading Rem's stuff on the Pearl River Delta, but as I have refused in the past to buy or read any Rem text, I wouldnt know whether he thinks an urbanisation of chaos and inevitability is a good or bad thing...

Needless to say, I can confirm that New Zealand is a paradise.

Most interesting was a trip from Guangzhou to Shantou on the eastern coast of Guangdong. The people in the rural districts ether side of their motorway bury their dead in crypts on the side of hills or in man-formed earth bunkers. Reminded me of hobbit holes. What was intriguing is that they surround the portals into the earth with pieces of tinsel and quartz so that each grave shimmers in the light. It was really beautiful to see whole hills for 60 km's covered with light.

On the way beack, in dusk, you could see the hills lit with where people were living, and also red lanterns lighting up the landscape in family shrines or hanging from trees...

Really beautiful...

May 7, 06 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF BEEF

This is great ... a meta-thread

May 7, 06 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Nice account diabase ... glad you enjoyed ...
so that's one more playe I have to visit !!

May 8, 06 1:44 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

*place

May 8, 06 1:47 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

hmmm ...

was very impressed with the works I saw here

May 8, 06 1:48 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Goodmorning LB, WK, Steven...

you guys must be knackered after yesterday's meet up? ..
surprised you're even up !!

May 8, 06 9:35 am  · 
 · 

sporadic- and this is why I keep mentioning USC in the school discussions. There's great work coming out of there, from day one. I'm so glad that Daniel's blog is attracting positive attention!

I'm a tad knackered up myself actually... I spent Cinco de Mayo studying my ass off for the LEED exam, so my bf took me out to El Cholo (mmmmmmm) to make up, and celebrate my pass last night. It was cheaper to order a pitcher of margaritas, and I ended up drinking two thirds of our pitcher as he was driving. So it's a lovely tequila morning.

May 8, 06 10:47 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

WonderK excellent capturing of the bottom of page 17.

May 8, 06 11:27 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

tee hee. Tanx.

I personally wish I were more knackered up.

May 8, 06 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i want to start a thread called graphic design----hammer or screwdriver...but i'm not going to do it

May 8, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
AP

ya, more than the work, the wisdom in Daniel's words was impressive.

don't get me wrong, the work is nice too...very similar to the type of work coming out of UF's lower division studios (first 2 years).

Work similar in quality to Daniel's would be representative of those that could expect to make it into the upper division studios...

I especially like the white cubes...elegant, without the tectonic noise so often found on similar 1st year projects...

May 8, 06 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yes the work on Daniel's post is excellent. Lovely.

I'm in love lately with this feature on flickr that lets you annotate photos. I'm also a huge fan of observing/spying on the mundane details of people's lives. So this post of bryanboyer's desk makes me giddy with pleasure.

see here

May 8, 06 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
AP

^that annotation thing is awesome:

NUMBERS SHMUMBERS!!!

looks like you guys had a blast this weekend...thanks for sharing the pics...

May 8, 06 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

define knacker...

May 8, 06 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
upside

knackerd means tired.,,,

but knacker...

[i]knack·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nkr)
n. Chiefly British
A person who buys worn-out or old livestock and slaughters them to sell the meat or hides.
A person who buys discarded structures and dismantles them to sell the materials.[i]

i knew it had something to do with sausages.

May 8, 06 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

Way to grace the front page, Thread Central!

May 8, 06 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova
May 9, 06 12:53 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Good morning and goodnight, sporadic!

I'm up too late again but about to go to bed. Glad you enjoyed the Cincy trip pics - I'm still exhausted from that and only working at 50% efficiency today! I guess you could say I'm knackerd.

Here I go, to get some rest before a hugely busy day tomorrow.

May 9, 06 1:22 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

It's really late for you LB ...

oh well good night ... hope you're "de-knackered" tommorow ..

May 9, 06 1:34 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

How many threads of the same subject, but rephrased, can soulikeit start in one day? So far today I've counted 4. Fairly annoying.....

May 9, 06 9:10 am  · 
 · 

Is SHE the one behind the graphic design switch-over? I thought I'd gone to the wrong board!

May 9, 06 10:51 am  · 
 · 
AP

i think there are 5...but Try Google has it under wraps for now...

May 9, 06 10:55 am  · 
 · 
AP

new silent poster:

Well, I thought it was funny.

May 9, 06 10:56 am  · 
 · 
AP
here
May 9, 06 10:57 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yeah, there are 5! I missed one! Does anyone else think that maybe she's schizophrenic or something? I think it's a "she" anyway.....the voices in her head keep telling her to start new threads about the same thing, maybe?

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to make light of a well-known mental illness, I'm simply theorizing on soulikeit's erratic posting habits.

May 9, 06 11:06 am  · 
 · 

Well, I thought it was funny gave me quite a chuckle there AP. Is that you?

May 9, 06 11:41 am  · 
 · 
e

i wonder if she is just playing us all.

May 9, 06 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

seems to be more like the posting of a high school student
with the attention span of a gnat...

May 9, 06 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
e

heh.

May 9, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

definitely. It seems like she's trying really, really hard to as deep, important questions, but they end up being very basic. Then 'Try Google' shows up and she tries to convince us all that her question was just too deep for us to understand. It hasn't worked with me- I'm convinced, more than anything, of her mental incapacity for artistic and communicative endeavors.

May 9, 06 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
e

she's too smart for me. i'm just a bubba.

May 9, 06 1:18 pm  · 
 · 

yeah right. If she ever saw your website, she'd be pestering you non-stop! OR not maybe, now that she's decided to go free-hand. Maybe we're all just too digital for the analog soulikeit?

May 9, 06 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
e

shhhh.

May 9, 06 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
AP

no rationalist, not me...

May 9, 06 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

there needs to be an anti-soulikeit. maybe, "ithinkihateit"?

feels like soulikeit isn't going to stop until she gets the answer she's looking for.

May 9, 06 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
AP

or "noicantstandit"

or "itsalmostasannoyingasallthosedamnvs.threads"

or "Per lite"

May 9, 06 1:53 pm  · 
 · 

haha. I was too dim to get the name for a long time. I still think of it in my head as "soul-i-kite", thought she was just making up words. Now I want to scream, "NO, I DON'T like it! NOBODY likes it! Shut up!!!!"

May 9, 06 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

soulikeit is one of the growing masses of sad "soul"s who have been spoiled by too much easy access to info on the internet.

it's always easier to ask someone instead of doing the work to find out the answer yourself. unfortunately this won't work since everything valuable that comes from design (graphic or architectural) involves rolling up your own sleeves and doing the work yourself

holy shit if those threads aren't funny though!

May 9, 06 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

this threas reads like what i have always immagined the teacher's room would sound like.

man that soulikeit guy/girl is annoying...

May 9, 06 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

e, i always wanted to tell you, your website is the BOMB!

May 9, 06 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i fear soulikeit is singlehandedly going to cause graphic design to be regulated by state licensure....

May 9, 06 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
AP

lol

nice jeffe.

May 9, 06 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i can't wait for there to be codes for graphics design.

If line a is parallel to an adjacent line by less than the length of the line, the line will be rated for fire-resistance according to chart 32.b. If the line is over 3 pts in weight, use chart 32.c.

May 9, 06 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i will be bumping classic threads. please post yours in an attempt to drive down the seven hundred posts about graphic design vs. architectural design ...

May 9, 06 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
e

thanks for the kind words bigness.

May 9, 06 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

AH HA HA HA HA HA I just caught up on the GD v. Arch thread and laughed the fuck out loud at e's comment that "correct soulikeit. all buildings are white."

aha ha hahahahha

the three of you who've met me know what a big laugh i can bust forth when i am thoroughly delighted. thank you for thoroughly delighting me, e!

May 9, 06 10:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: