Thankful I don't work in the admissions office at the AA

Apr 29, 06 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Sloppy Jalopy.

Apr 29, 06 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

I believe Abu Dhabi also has 100% of the worlds attempts at mailing cats named Nermal.

Apr 29, 06 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

while under the fever spell i imagined a beautiful woman bringing me soup and an icepack. now the fever has gone and i realize that while at the jobsite wednesday i strained my left quad climbing over a fence.

Apr 29, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

perhaps i'm still drunk but I do believe this thread has taken a temporary turn to the strange. does thread central have a fever too?

Apr 29, 06 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

this is a very very bad song...

Apr 30, 06 9:08 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Not as bad as "any" song by these guys !!

Apr 30, 06 9:32 am  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

"Well, I'm hot blooded, check it and see
I got a fever of a hundred and three
Come on baby, do you do more than dance?
I'm hot blooded, I'm hot blooded

"You don't have to read my mind, to know what I have in mind
Honey you oughta know
Now you move so fine, let me lay it on the line
I wanna know what you're doin' after the show

vado, if this is why you had a fever, our sypathies will probably wane. is it a bad song because you have regrets?

Apr 30, 06 10:12 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i remember when in high skool back in the day taking this sophomore girl to a concert at the notre dame acc, i dont even remember the show, it might have been zz top, all i remember is that a few days before i broke a lens in my glasses(back then kids it took weeks to get lenses replaced) and i am freakin almost blind. and then before we left she insisted on playing me most of the first foreigner album. driving to and from the show blind(arrested while driving while blind) was only topped by being in the last row of the bleachers unable to see these boring bearded hombres with enough clarity to realize how unfortuanate i was. and no she didnt do more than dance.

Apr 30, 06 10:30 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

im closin in on 3000 comments of which maybe twenty have some merit. but it dont say total quality comments. it just sez total comments. maybe there should be a lapel pin or something...
designers get to work!!!

Apr 30, 06 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
myownpath

hey vado - how funny! i have a similar memory, only it's from the "i'm not putting out to this wack job lune with one good eye who dragged my cute ass to see furry men play furry guitars" perspective. ah....high school....those were the good days.

actually, i came in here because there is so much freakin' fighting going on, just all over the place out there. what the hell is up? people are just bitter.

Apr 30, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
If I had a Dollar

soulikeit is single-handedly destroying archinect. it's a shame. I used to love this site.

Apr 30, 06 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i actually quite like the idea of a death matchbattle of the bands whatever between university architecture departments to settle this which school is best bs that i personally am tired of seeing. anyway just need some brackets and some brave students to put their work out there and some judges and then archinect can sell the results(kicking back a bit to the conceptualizer here) to those who want to join the noble profession of unpaid model builders...

Apr 30, 06 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
upside

The architectural equivalent of an unholy combination of battle of the bands and a hotdog eating contest

Apr 30, 06 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Well ... I'm glad that this is done with !!

May 1, 06 12:54 am  · 
 · 
upside

the deconstructivism thread has now deconstructed

and i passed the 1000 mark and never noticed. :-(

May 1, 06 2:17 am  · 
 · 

must have passed 1000 with your OTHER fake name... ;)

May 1, 06 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
boing

i thought i was the only one ass enough to do that!!

May 1, 06 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
dia

upside down..... thats a freudian slip or an australianism..

May 1, 06 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

diabase is back, yay!!!!!!

Tell us all about your trip to China, please, dia. In fact, why don't you start a thread with images and such, or just post a few here.

Welcome back!

May 1, 06 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

archjj - you made a new name just for that comment?!

May 1, 06 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I wonder how many active user names are actually second screen names of other people. I have only one, by the way. I will admit it's kinda funny when you have a conversation w/someone that you don't realize you know. All the more reason to be as rational as possible when conversing online, I guess.

On a side note, I find it really troubling that someone who uses such an official-sounding screen name as "Archinecture" is seemingly unable to make comments that aren't snide, insulting, or sarcastic. I'd certainly like it if he/she had something constructive to say.

diabase, I second lb's call for the scoop on China.

May 1, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
oe

I suppose "I" have 3 names. or 2. or one. But two of us have used them. Now its just me.

May 1, 06 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
boing

"I will admit it's kinda funny when you have a conversation w/someone that you don't realize you know."

It's even funnier when you have conversation w/ someone that you don't realize is yourself!"

May 1, 06 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Upon further review, only some of what he/she said was unconstructive. I'm bad about generalizing. Always trying to improve myself. Still just using the one name though.

Perhaps I could liberate myself and become a huge jerk with a second name. Is that fun?

May 1, 06 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
oe

I rather prefer passing on ones own name. like the dread pirate roberts.

May 1, 06 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i've posted under many names, but i barely have the time to even post as puddles anymore...guess i used to be bored

May 1, 06 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
e

yeah, i only have one screen name. i don't know why you would need more than one unless you are just afraid to stand behind your words.

May 1, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

my other name only has 22 posts and 1 entry. can you guess it?

e, I was in Seattle this weekend for a spontaneous weekend trip. So you can thank me for the beautiful weather. Will have to post some pics. It was my first visit to Seattle, and I love it!

May 1, 06 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I just ordered some beautiful fabric, a Donghia fabric called Abracadabra in a gorgeous indigo blue that shines purple when moved (the color I got not shown here):

abracadabra is a name I love to see on archinect, along with abra's other screen name(s).

You know those ball-filled spaces at kid's play areas, a big pile/bowl of plastic balls the kids can dive into? I want one of those but made entirely of gorgeous fabrics: silks and wools and mohairs and linens oh my. I love fabric.

May 1, 06 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

hey lb,
your 'fabric pool' remonds me of my favorite part of department stores when i was a kid was the carpet displays. they had that topography of gently curving horizontal flip-books of carpet samples that i'd crawl over and the vertical flip-books of hanging rugs. seemed very very cool at the time.

May 1, 06 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

strawbeary-

you're: myownpath, shamblocks or salmon... those are the only 3 names w/ 22/1 ratios...

and LB, i don't think of it so much as the kids' ball pits... but rather a scrooge mcduck type money bin...

May 1, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
e

strawbeary, you must have arrived on sunday then because saturday was, well em, what you'd all image the weather to be like in seattle: raining. hard too. we've actually had a rather dry april, and that was the first rain in a while. glad you enjoyed your time. what did you do/see?

lb, abracadabra always equals beautiful things. and i guess i stand corrected on my last statement because he is an instance where having two screen names is legit.

May 1, 06 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yes, el jeffe, I loved those carpet samples "slides" as a kid too. Always wanted to play on them.

I'm in love with this boutique design for similar sentimental reasons - what kid didn't lay on the floor and imagine walking on the ceiling?!

May 1, 06 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
myownpath

oh, center for ants, you figured it out!

May 1, 06 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Please note, fellow Thread Central denizens, that I am about to revive this thread.

I have my reasons.

May 1, 06 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

e, - I was there Friday and Sunday, both were beautiful days. Saturday I was in Wenatchee. I saw the EMP, the market, Pioneer square, and the new Koolhaus library, had some smoked salmon, and drove thru the mountains and foothills. When I flew in, Mt. Ranier was so incredible. I can't believe there is a huge isolated mountain that sits on the horizon, what a beautiful shape it is too.

AFCA, I was approximating, none of those are me.

May 1, 06 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

lb, a couple of things.

That boutique is wicked cool. I started singing Lionel Richie as soon as I saw that photo.

Also, what's the fabric for? I am currently in the market for some sweet fabric in large amounts that is fairly opaque, i.e. could be used as curtains in my new living room. Of course I need it to be *magically* low in price. Perhaps "Abracadabra" is just what I'm looking for?!!?

Ha ha yeah right, I can't afford that. Seriously though if anyone has some fabric they think I should know about, hook me up.

PS. did puddles send you some money or something?! :oP

May 1, 06 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
e

well, the nice weather did follow you then. glad you enjoyed yourself. mt. rainer is pretty amazing. it is about a three hour drive outside of seattle, but it is everpresent on a clear day. alone with mt rainer. you have the cascade mountains to the east and the olympics to the west. both also have a presence from the city.

May 1, 06 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Ha, no $$$, WonderK, but puddles did give me a Subtle Pleasant Sensation.

Fabric shown above is about $80/yard. Try Maharam for close-to-but-not-quite sheers, very cool stuff at reasonable prices, they also offer architects a special discount IF it is to be used in your own home.

Thank you again puddles.

May 1, 06 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
some person

It's not worth starting a new topic, but I still wanted to share this with the world:

I was invited to be a guest critic at Virginia Tech (WAAC) this afternoon, and it was truly delightful. It's been nearly two years since I defended my thesis there, and it was great to be back but on the "other side of the table" so to speak.

I would definitely recommend it for any of you working professionals who wish you could be back in school or wish you could think about pure design all day.

Thanks. Carry on.

May 1, 06 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

that would be a good thread topic dca.

May 1, 06 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
some person

vado - I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. I suppose you must be serious, as you have not posted a goofy image...

May 1, 06 7:47 pm  · 
 · 

WonderK- maybe Archinecture is a commentary on how somebody feels the climate of archinect is?

I only have one screen name, but would certainly consider starting another from which to ask questions which I don't want associated with me by people I know in real life. I'm open enough with who I really am as 'rationalist' that someone from my office could pretty easily figure out who I was if they came accross some of my posts, so I will probably get a little anonymity to hide behind in the future. But maybe I'll make it something that those archinecters that I've known for a very long time might be able to figure out. It wouldn't be you guys I wanted anononymity from, but the people out here in the real world, and I certainly don't begrudge anyone with a similar reason for starting up a new screenname.

May 1, 06 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
AP

still alive, one screen name only (although it changed about 1000 posts ago), also happy to be reminded of abra drinking warm beer from a can, and the late, great, johndevlin... aka ...someone else's alias who made its way back today after some time away...

May 1, 06 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i think its a good idea

May 1, 06 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

WonderK I want to hear about your flowers.

May 1, 06 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
May 1, 06 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

17 pages in and the flowers thing still makes me laugh. Hold on, I've got an idea.....

May 1, 06 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

WOW !! ..you guys have been busy .. can't keep up ..
anyway will have to catch up with the last of the discussions..

Wonderk, I always wondered about the flowers, coz every time I wanted to get to the last page and scrolled down on the first I would always see Lb's comment wonderk, i want hear about the flowers

anyway .. I guess it is a Subtle pleasant sensations in its own way .. lol .

May 2, 06 3:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: