Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

tgv11

Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I guess parallel38 really hit a nerve....

May 4, 06 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

hey, how many posts do i have?

May 4, 06 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

wow, that's loads.

May 4, 06 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

i'm bored, took the night off and now can't sleep...
the preacher on oxford street (london) that was refered to in the "i love LA" thread has been in court recently for an ASBO (anti social behaviour order) for being loud and annoying.

yes, the uk has a special law for convicting annoying people.

May 4, 06 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

tgv ... yeah, i should not have devoted as much attention to the thread as i did ... but it looks like the thread will subside ... which is good for all ...

May 4, 06 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
tgv11

Yes Smokety

But after quite a bit of damage....

parallel38, although a horrible individual, was able taunt you into caring.....by adding that link, you're making him/her even stronger. Ignore him/her and parallel38 will eventually go away. Although I too believe Yale has alot of problems, I don't support parallel's methods.

May 4, 06 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
AP

bla bla bla

May 5, 06 12:57 am  · 
 · 
AP
May 5, 06 1:03 am  · 
 · 

why alice?

May 5, 06 7:03 am  · 
 · 

...and not iggy?

May 5, 06 7:04 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

she asked me why the singers name was alice.
i said listen baby you really wouldnt understand...

May 5, 06 7:48 am  · 
 · 
AP

'cause school's out for the summer...

(alice is hyperlinked...)

May 5, 06 8:58 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm still alive...again

May 5, 06 11:35 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Since I just posted this on the Subtle Pleasant Sensations thread:

The drawings are waiting for you at the print shop, it's a gorgeous sunny afternoon, you're driving with your windows down listening to Kings of Convenience. Very pleasant.

Thanks again, puddles.

I'm comfortable saying that also posted a new favorite 'necter on the Favorite Archinect Poster thread.

It's SuperImpose. Such familiarity in his/her words, like a voice I haven't heard in ages, like mothers milk to my ears.

Umm, I mean, not like mothers milk in my ears, but you know, I mean, like comfortable andfamiliar and, yeah. You know.

Nice to see you SuperImpose.

May 5, 06 1:11 pm  · 
 · 

SuperImpose is sincere, simple and direct, has a great collection of works, docs and writings. SuperImpose is a master web artist and one of the best museums open to public. and each time, SuperImpose makes you 'think' you know SuperImpose.

May 5, 06 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
job job

I'm still alive, but a little ragged. Would like to go home now. need to prepare handouts... or not; my director is more fx than mx

May 5, 06 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

seems that the forums are a bit slower as of late, is this due to schools starting to end? or just the grad school acceptance post-coitus snooze?

May 5, 06 2:14 pm  · 
 · 

puddles. alive. check.i am almost late.

May 5, 06 2:15 pm  · 
 · 

ACfA, but the news section is really kicking in.news

May 5, 06 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I walked around the office about an hour ago and announced to everyone that I had decided that work would end today at 4 pm. This means nothing, of course, I'm not in charge of anything at all, but I just decided.

That being said, I am currently in the middle of wasting time until I can actually leave. So I hope everyone has a good weekend!

And one last thing: PLEASE resist the urge to post on the "Yale blows..." thread. It just needs to die. It's hard, I know, but you can do it.

May 5, 06 4:51 pm  · 
 · 

good you said that. i was just about to say something snarky to parallel38 on that thread. you're right, of course.

May 5, 06 4:52 pm  · 
 · 

ACFA- I'd say that it's grad-school-acceptance-post-coital-snooze. But we should figure out that archinecter AIA convention meetup!

BTW, anybody here been to Baltimore, or ever lived there? I'm interested in getting in on some urban renewal in a place thats a touch more affordable than LA, and maybe a bit less sprawl-y. What do you guys think? The murder rate is a bit scary, but I'm pleasantly suprised to see that it has less rape and theft than other places I've lived. 'm a city girl and have lived in some shady-ass places so I figure as long as I don't go dating gang-bangers, I'll probably be ok on that murder front. Is this naive of me? It's in a good position for me re: proximity to family, and has good universities should I decide to go back. Are there any good architecture firms out there? Pretty much all I've found are Gensler, Cannon, and RTKL. I like big projects, so they could keep me occupied for a few years, but I'm hoping that the pool's a leeetle bit deeper than that. Anyone? Advice? Please?

May 5, 06 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

WonderK Organizing a get-together ... dang, now I really wanna be Richard Branson. Hope over to cinci and get back to work!!

May 6, 06 2:21 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

* hop :)

May 6, 06 2:53 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

orhan's right about the news ... it's really on fire ... can't keep up !!

May 6, 06 2:55 am  · 
 · 
myriam

Honestly rationalist, skip Baltimore and head to Pittsburgh. If you want a good large firm take a look at BCJ (Bohlin Cywinski Jackson). The firm was started there and is one of the few larger firms that I respect, design-wise and personnel-wise.

Pittsburgh is a great, great town, and fascinating to study because it is actually on the cusp of urban renewal and the city is very committed and mobilized in that direction. The citizens are creative and committed to their town, whereas typically in Baltimore... except for the recent hipster translants from DC most people seem to hate life.

I miss Pittsburgh. I miss the vibrant arts and music scene, all the crafts and little home-grown museums (what's up, Mattress Factory!), the local organization and cafes and the willingness of the people to get up and DO stuff, and do it together, and have fun. Also, the food is great and the living is cheap.

May 6, 06 2:56 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

the jaggerz were from pittsburgh(area) they had an awesome song in out back in the day called "the rapper" and donny iris was the lead singer on "play that funky music"

spent the summer of my 13th year in pittsburgh where i got my first real kiss and got fourth place in a model car contest. good times...

May 6, 06 9:14 am  · 
 · 

er, uh, yeah. Pennsylvania. Landlockedness. yeah. I'm more of a coastal person. Thanks for the suggestion. Can you clarify why it is you think most people in Baltimore 'seem to hate life'?!

LIFE/WORK UPDATE: I just passed the LEED exam this morning! Woohoo! Now I've got more to differentiate from the rest of the recent grads, look like I've done something in my year out of school, and get to put 'AP' after my name.

May 6, 06 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

congrats.
there are plenty of opportunities in denver if you are interested. landlocked for sure though.

May 6, 06 4:04 pm  · 
 · 

rationalist - Baltimore's great. It's cheap, there are lots of students, and there's a lot to do.

I can't think of very many interesting large firms that are in the city but there are a lot of smaller ones doing great work. Check out [http://www.brokenboxes.com/]Alexander Design Studio[/url], [http://www.zigersnead.com]Ziger/Snead[/url], and [http://www.parameterinc.com/]Parameter, Inc.[/url], to name the three that I know well.

May 6, 06 6:03 pm  · 
 · 

... but don't take my word for it, I don't even know how to post working links! Let's try that again:

Alexander Design Studio, Ziger/Snead, Parameter, Inc.

May 6, 06 6:04 pm  · 
 · 

seven- you've got mail. = )

May 6, 06 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

hmmm .. sunday ... I'm here in office ... while the rest of the world's sleeping ...

oh well ... i actually miss out on 3 full days of interaction ...

OK .. I'll just shut up now ...

May 7, 06 12:41 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Oooo ... so deceptive

low ... real low !!

May 7, 06 1:02 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

rationalist, congrats! that made me feel pretty good too.

sporadic, why you working on Sunday? and why the deuce am I still awake!?!

May 7, 06 3:33 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

wonder K .... coz my weekends are fridays and saturdays... :) ..
and why "are" you still awake .?? ..

btw .. thanks for replying in the "sporadic only" thread .. I'm just gonna ignore it .. and let it die ... lol ..

May 7, 06 3:40 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

in the mean time .. I'm have fun doing this...

May 7, 06 3:42 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Good morning sporadic. Rough "Monday" morning? We'll be thinking of you in Cincinnati while we looks at Zaha's curves.....

May 7, 06 6:38 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

hey LB, ..
good morning ... what are you doing up so early ? ...

I'm actually feeling very Lazy today .. haven't done a thing productive as yet.

you guys have a nice day ... and yes do think of me !!

( man!! , I sound so needy !!) lol ..

May 7, 06 7:21 am  · 
 · 
bigness

sporadic, i know, i was deceptive...but those guys started talking about naked women anyway...

how would you go about getting people to talk structure on a saturady night?

May 7, 06 7:31 am  · 
 · 
bigness

hey sporadic, heard from the AA yet?

May 7, 06 8:07 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

not yet ... getting tensed now !!!

got the acknowledgment though ...
think I should call them ?

May 7, 06 8:24 am  · 
 · 
bigness

acknoledgement of application received? how long ago did you send?

May 7, 06 9:15 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

yep "acknowledgement of application received"

I send it around April 1st week ... they send the aknowledgment around april last week ...

May 7, 06 9:43 am  · 
 · 
bigness

consider the deadline was the 30th...wait a bit! i;d say, give em a call at the end of next week.

May 7, 06 9:53 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

bigness, are you at the AA? but you're American, aren't you? I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere along the way, but I forgot, my apologies. Hey you should start some AA vs. Bartlett thread like the "Yale blows....." thread......no I'm kidding, that thread makes me sad.

May 7, 06 11:29 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

So you wanna hear about my flowers, eh?

The deal with my flowers was this. I never actually figured out who it was that sent them to me. Actually, I had some strong suspicions of who the culprit was (my best friend), but she denies it to this day. I'm content to let her say she didn't do it, I mean who am I to complain, I got sent flowers on Valentine's Day! I'm single and not even the married women get sent flowers anymore.

Opportunity knocked, I answered. Onwards to page 18.

May 7, 06 11:33 am  · 
 · 
bigness

wonder, no, i'm not at the aa. i spend a lot of time there because i share the tutors with unit 16 and know a few people there but i'm actually at the london metropolitan. it's cheaper. i'm going to apply to drl later this year.

and no, i'm not american. i'm italian.

May 7, 06 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

anybody else excited and/or frightened that toca-me now has a blog?

May 7, 06 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
AP
May 7, 06 2:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: