Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

lletdownl

n_
and
tunamelt

thank you for verifying that my mother wasnt lying to me...and that the kids in the late 80's just didnt understand good hair styles...

Dec 5, 07 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Rat tails and mullets are back in vogue amoung the young (14-19) Italian crowd.

Dec 5, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Sarah - I never like the looks even when it was in vogue in the 80's

There's a guy at work that had a "mini" for a few months... everyone made fun of him. The crazy thing about it is that the comments didn't even phase him.

Dec 5, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 

tunamelt - I'm not likely to move anywhere until next year, but lletdownl can come down and help resurface the roof, gut the interior, do the floors, build the pool, cabinetry, 2nd bathroom cum en suite, walk-in-closets, paint and drink beer. The rewards are simple - there's a home/restaurant/bar next door and we'll name the flat down stairs after you. Get it letdown...I kill me.

Someone asked earlier and yes the tower to the side is a garage that will be turned into an office, below is a full sized storage area containing all things including golf clubs.

tuna my eye has gotten much better - I can see! And I'm no longer cursing at the sunlight.

Dec 5, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

I take that back Liberty. I think my favorite is the Snowman House of Horrors. My co-workers much think I'm whacked sitting over here chuckling away.

Dec 5, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

FRO, bring it on! For me, hearing about someone else's happiness - as long as they aren't a tool, which you obviously are NOT - makes me feel happier about the world too!

I want to rant over on your STC thread, but don't have time to do it right now, so I'll briefly state the topic of my rant which is this: the building on which you are working is literally falling in on itself, and they won't let you remove and replace the siding?!? Would they prefer that the damn thing crumbles to dust?!?

Thanks for the snow terminology too. I remember as a kid always giggling at the term "hoar frost", which I had forgotten. I do like the word "sastrugi", too. Don't know what it means, but I like the word.

Dec 5, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I occasionally rock out the femme-mullet.

I sport it for a few days because I think it's funny. Once I've gotten my kicks, I'll get it trimmed up. Wait 4 months, then it returns. Repeat cycle.

Dec 5, 07 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Man, all this talk of bad hairstyles makes me really wish I could find that high school class pic of me with guitar pick earrings and huge rocker-girl hair. You guys would love it.

Dec 5, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i have an appointment at the spa/salon and i'm going to get my haircut this saturday!...if i'm still alive

Dec 5, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Your snow talk is making me cold. It's 75 here today, by the way. I'm going to freeze my rear end off when I go back to Cincy for 2 weeks.

I am rocking a seriously confused hairstyle right now. I know it's too long but I'm too lazy to make an appointment. I've actually been cutting my bangs myself for the last couple of weeks to see which length I liked best. This has perplexed many people.

Monday I wore my hair up and my bangs down. Yesterday and today I wore my bangs up and my hair down. Tomorrow I will probably straighten it. Friday is up for grabs....crimping sounds good.

Dec 5, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I think you should rock the parrot/rooster/cockatiel, WonderK.

Dec 5, 07 3:38 pm  · 
 · 

my hair has gotten long. i just don't feel like getting it cut any more.

unless i cut it into a mullet for the 80s christmas dance party i'm going to next weekend...but then i'll have to fix it the next morning.

Dec 5, 07 3:39 pm  · 
 · 

I cut my hair myself - its easily when you don't have alot, and I like it that way. Although something worries me about dub cutting her locks herself...as well as rocker hair, you never cease to amaze me Liberty.

okay I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo impatient. SO leaves on Sunday am, and we are supposed to be having a quiet dinner at home. Problem is she's off having drinks with some friends, she did invite me but with this recovering eye drama I was sceptical of a late night out etc. But I'm all dressed and waiting now for an hour...Its been so long since I've been in a relationship that I don't know what to do but pretend to be cool with it. Which apparently I'm not since I'm typing this in TC like its some weird dating advice column. But I don't know what to do with myself otherwise. Sigh

Dec 5, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 

that 80's look was horrible. don johnson was just NOT the right role model for kids on the prairies, but there we all were wearing our baggy pants and pink shirts and getting into fights with the kids who thought cowboy gear was the only possibility (most parties where i grew up involved a friendly fist-fight or two)...i so DON'T want to see my highschool yearbook...

no snow in tokyo! dammit, but the leaves are just starting to fall off the trees, and half of them are still green...

sorry to bum your day with that article, LB. I laughed the whole way through, maybe because it ain't my country and the politics of usa is soooo funny and patently absurd it is insane. i always wonder how guys like bush rise to power to begin with. but then i look at canada and our prime minister is as much of a dingaling; actually the prime minister of japan is a bit on the daffy duck side as well...and don't get me started on gordon brown. oh and there there's putin, and hugo chavez, and...

wow, a seriously screwed up group of fiends and faces runs our world! you think people felt the same when woodrow wilson was putting together the future united nations?

but today, for now, i am happy in spite of the stupid world i live in. probably the corbu-inspired building i am living in. anyone tells you ville radieuse was a bad idea, send em over here. its a beautiful morning and i won't miss a drop of it cuz of all the glass, floor to ceiling windows, and facing south and all...

or maybe its just the coffee.

Dec 5, 07 5:42 pm  · 
 · 

scratch that - she just called, date begins NOW

Dec 5, 07 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

atechno

women are trouble

Dec 5, 07 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Aw Techno, I am picturing you as a puppy, tail wagging, tongue panting.

And on a completely different note, someone just farted in the office, and it smells. At least its 5 and I can escape!

Dec 5, 07 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
Dec 5, 07 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

I chopped a good 6" off my hair last month. Looked good for about a week or two, but b/c my hair grows so fast it looks rather blah now. Fortunately I have an appt. to get it cut next week again.

@ Atechno - What's a relationship? ;-) It's been so long it's become almost a foreign concept to me. I'm so off my game I don't really remember how to flirt anymore :-/ Wow, it's nice to hear there is at least one guy out there that gets inpatient if the date doesn't start on time. Thought it was just a girl thing.

@ Steven... I'm going to take your suggestion and start listening to music for a while. In fact late at work today I jammed out on some Bjork which always seems to calm my nerves/brain a little. Even my co-worker said it had a relaxing effect on her.

Dec 5, 07 6:38 pm  · 
 · 

congrats on the date, atechno!! good luck!

is she an architect-type? if she is, it'll never work. or if she isn't it'll never work. one of those; i always forget.

[speaking of which i knew an architect-type from jamaica once...wonder if she's still there.]

Dec 5, 07 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i have a lot of problems. my hair ain't one of them...

Dec 5, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

LB- welcome to linkedin! I'm hoping you go all cranbrook on us and start adding all your fellow motor city alumns to your network, that would just be so cool!

welcome back mdler!

I like my hair short like a boy's too. for a while I shaved my head, but that didn't seem to get me many girls. and as a prog rocking teenager in the '80s, the long hair didn't get me any action either. now that I'm back to a socially acceptable normal boy's legnth, got the babe!

Dec 5, 07 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yeah Sarah, my hair's too long to rock the cockatiel. I could have a kick ass 2' high mohawk though.

Speaking of flirting, there is someone whose hair I'd like to play with....going to go see about that now....

Dec 5, 07 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

I've been buzzing my own hair since I was 14...lately I've been thinking that I need to man up (or would it be woman up?) and pay someone to cut it properly so I stop looking like a college student. Trouble is, I have no idea how to go about finding a proper barber.

I too had rat tail in 1st grade. and kurt cobain grunge hair by the time I bought the clippers right before freshman year.

something I discovered: thread central (and other multi-page threads with pics in them) is alot easier to read with one of these new mice that can go into free-spinning scroll mode. with it free spinning, it pretty much pegs the browser at the bottom of the screen, and you can click the page link without it jumping away from you when a pic loads.

Dec 5, 07 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Jeepers, it terrifies me to wade into any of these computer-replated threads because I'm so ignorant. But sometimes one has to pose the question and be prepared to cover one's head and run to cower in the corner.

The big question is: will Steven or I get to 7,000 first, and are we in a race to get there first or to get there last?

Dec 6, 07 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

i do like short hair on women...short short! Its nice to play in - I'm weird that way.

@SW (I like this new way of hailing up individuals on TC) she's not an architect rather a former spa owner who's been successfully dabbling in real estate. Who was the archi-something in Jamaica - I probably know who she is

Dec 6, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 

@ Sarah you've pegged me well - I'm very much the expectant puppy with white tipped tail wagging at hopes to get my belly scratched or a bone thrown my way. Men are simple - a|techno is simple!

Dec 6, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

As long as you're house trained Techno.

Dec 6, 07 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

*Please pardon my rude use of all caps*

I'M FINISHED WITH UNDERGRAD!!!!

I just finished up my Urban Theory book. I'm just waiting on this 146MB file to load onto the server, and I will be officially done with all architecture undergrad.

Time to go take a nap.

Dec 6, 07 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

arf! arf!!!!!

Dec 6, 07 12:47 pm  · 
 · 

congrats rfuller - its a big step. Shall we see your inclusion in the grad school threads then?

Dec 6, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

yep.

Dec 6, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 

congratulations mr. fuller.

undergrad=leningrad
grad=st. petersburg

Dec 6, 07 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Congratulations, Fuller. The architecture real world welcomes you.

Dec 6, 07 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Congrats, rfuller!

Dec 6, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 

congratulations! we'll give you a few days to decompress and then we want a full report of how things went.

Dec 6, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I had a dream that I met rationalist last night. How wierd is that?

Dec 6, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

congrats rfuller.

Dec 6, 07 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

check out my new thread project management central. I need help (please) writing a contract.

Dec 6, 07 7:29 pm  · 
 · 

Mr. President, I'm having a hard time figuring out who you used to be... a little help? I wasn't particularly present throughout the whole name-changing business.

I hope I looked good in your dreams!

Dec 6, 07 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

mdler

Dec 6, 07 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Actually, mdler is back to being mdler. I believe Mr. Bush was formerly known as Strawbeary. Is my memory serving me correctly?

Dec 6, 07 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

aha.

Dec 6, 07 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Ugh, I just finished two moderate verbal lashings on other threads.... I usually try to limit myself to one flame-like post per day. I need a drink.

Person A: "I like kittens."
Person B: "WHY DO YOU HATE PUPPIES? PUPPIES ARE CUTE!!!"
Person A: "I never said I hated puppies."
Person C: "I had a kitten once, and it clawed the sofa and pissed all over the carpet. I'm never getting a kitten again."
Living in Gin: Groan....

Dec 6, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 

Can't be mdler, I've hung out with him several times. So he would dream that he saw me, not that he met me. And Mr. president's bio says he/she lives in "flyover zone" which mdler does not. So Ms Bushbeary makes more sense.

Dec 6, 07 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

eb....is that you as da bush man?

Dec 6, 07 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

just woke up. dreamt that bill clinton was playing golf and that he got a hole in one..

meaning?

Dec 7, 07 12:01 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

Thanks for the congrats everyone.

Prez=Strawberry. That one was easy.

eb=Vado? I haven't seen any confirmation on this one.

Dec 7, 07 2:37 am  · 
 · 

Hey Rfuller congrats...

Now you just have to get use to life after academia...

I still haven't decided which i like more... Even after finishing two degrees.!

Also, an update for all those who were "here" for my waistline crisis...

I have been sick (and thus out of commission) for a few days. Not a work means less time on Archinect...

However, i did manage to get both of my 4 mile runs in this week.!
Hopefully i will keep it up...

Dec 7, 07 7:48 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i am alive

Dec 7, 07 8:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: