Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

It's evangelical leanings, that's what!

Sep 7, 07 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

evangelicals are malicious, but eb isn't. Like killing trees is destroying the planet, but tk is a treehugger. oh,m I'm just a fan of eb and have other secret identities that relieve my desires to be a troll.

Sep 7, 07 7:47 pm  · 
 · 

I tried it once. "Don't Be a Dick" got booted off of archinect after only two posts, I believe.

Sep 7, 07 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Ha, I wish I'd read what Don't Be A Dick had to say!

Went down to some gallery openings tonight. A whole lot of bad "art" on the walls, and the floor. Obviously I didn't go to the right galleries.

Personally, I don't think vado has any secret identities here. I think he just says whatever the hell he wants wihtout being coy. i could be wonrg, of course. I feel the same way about mdler.

I do not have any other identites, because I would just get confused and post my lb comments under the psuedonym and reveal myself immediately. As my absolute favorite contractor once said, I'm too simple - as in simple-minded - to partake in subterfuge.

SInce no one else is here Firday night, I may have landed my name in all of the top five threads at the moment! let me go check!!!

Sep 7, 07 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Sep 7, 07 10:03 pm  · 
 · 

i can barely keep track of who i am with just a single identity...

that som post was almost funny.

Sep 7, 07 10:12 pm  · 
 · 

lb- Don't Be a Dick was a silent poster, like Try Google.

I do think that vado has an alter-ego, but that alter-ego hasn't been seen for a bit, so hopefully he made his point and doesn't feel the need for it anymore.

Sep 7, 07 10:23 pm  · 
 · 

if vado posts 6 news items, books, links etc real quick and then makes just ONE new comment, he'll be straight 888888888888888s.

Sep 8, 07 6:54 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

hey all, any new thoughts on the competition? no sleep for us this weekend as we try and get the competition modules working 100% on the Open Architecture Network.

/no sleep till Louisville. (also I just confimed talk at UKY/Lexington on Friday)

Sep 8, 07 7:37 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

hmm only another 13 posts to 1000 comments.

Sep 8, 07 7:37 am  · 
 · 

[beta] - what's the firm? Hey if it gets an archinecteur to visit me here I'd suggest anyone

Sep 8, 07 8:06 am  · 
 · 

healthcare specialty firms seem to be a thing here. there are a few of them that serve our (fairly large also) heospital district of the city. the firms here start to break down into 'what KIND of healthcare?'

Sep 8, 07 9:54 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh man, steven i didnt see that...this is why one should always check tc first! now i'll have to wait til 99999

Sep 8, 07 10:05 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

a side note about healthcare. the other morning while driving to work i had to swing over to the downtown post office. i was stopped at the light and there is a large corporate office for some healthcare provider. everyone and i mean everyone going into that building was either obese or smoking or both! wtf? so much for wellness.

Sep 8, 07 10:07 am  · 
 · 

some kinda participatory thing no? giving work to the client and all that...

i was very thrilled to meet mike jenks today. he was on a panel discussion/seminar thing with my prof so we had a bit of time to talk over my phd research over coffee during break. i love architecture, but there are few architects i would like to meet anymore. but this guy is one of my planning-world heroes. so was very cool. was nice to be challenged by a very smart and well informed man about my topic (suburbia and the compact city)...

the conference itself was at points interesting, but in many cases very strange cuz no one disagreed with anyone else and the discussions were like a series of monologues. and yet they kept on saying how they were all learning from each other. i sorta wondered if this was how the any...series of meetings were...will have to ask my partner. he was at a few of them.

Sep 8, 07 11:37 am  · 
 · 

wellness is all a state of mind, because no matter what we are still mortal

Sep 8, 07 11:59 am  · 
 · 

Steven you are right, this is one of those "what kind of healthcare" questions. I/We are particularly interested in firms with loads of masterplanning experience for healthcare and if possible for smaller self sustainable communities <- that's pretty much what an island is

Sep 8, 07 12:03 pm  · 
 · 

maybe find some firms that do new from-the-ground-up V.A. hospitals (US). these veterans' hospitals tend to be pretty self-sufficient communities and have to offer as many services as possible in one place.

i have done some more minor V.A. work over the last few years but not whole facilities. sorry i don't know any specific firm names to offer, but finding V.A. architects might help?

louisville will be starting a brand-new V.A. hospital facility project in the next couple of years, replacing their 1930s hospital, but i don't think an architect has been named yet.

Sep 8, 07 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hi vado!

Sep 8, 07 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

lb are you drinking????

Sep 8, 07 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

VR – on side note – I was at a healthcare seminar recently and someone brought up why most employers do not buy into those plans that support a healthy life style (they have a name for them but I can't remember what they are called, but it’s the insurance plan that pays for things like employee nutritional education, quitting smoking plans and such). The health administrator said that it’s a business decision; the way that look at it is that a return on investment is something like 6 years and they don't expect most employees to stay with the company for that long so they don't buy it. WTF?

Sep 8, 07 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

abra - the flikr pick is broken :)

Sep 8, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
Katze
Sep 8, 07 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

well basically the folks workin in those healthcare jobs are doing data entry, accounts payable and accounts billable etc. those jobs don't pay much and very few of them are college edumacated. i know this because i had a job as a temp in a place like that. anyways they are basically the kinds of folks who are the living the american dream of tract housing, fast food, and 193 channels. on a rainy saturday i am doing laundry and having a humphrey bogart film festival. woohoo.

Sep 8, 07 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

vr sounds like you are having a blast. You want to come over and finish my laundry? For entertainment we can click though 193 channels of crap and do a quick drive through taco bell :)

Sep 8, 07 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

itsa date!

Sep 8, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

pick me up at 11:30 :)

Sep 8, 07 11:18 pm  · 
 · 

first there was archinect dating, now get TC dating

Sep 9, 07 12:51 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

a.m. right???

Sep 9, 07 9:43 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Useful tip of the day: when your child wakes up with a nosebleed in the middle of the night, while the blood on the sheets is still wet, spit on it. The enzymes in your saliva break down the blood proteins and make the next morning's laundry a breeze!

And that's the most exciting story about my weekend. I'm very tired today. Hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend.

Sep 9, 07 8:34 pm  · 
 · 

I'm here watching Sopranos reruns and not once have I seen the mob use that tactic. Proves again that moms are smarter than the mob

Sep 9, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 

hi tumblina! Just for you

Sep 9, 07 8:46 pm  · 
 · 

I'd say meet me at the corner pub later, but i suspect I would be late. How's the new digs? Have you started on your cube or are you sleeping in a corner whilst your roomate enjoys a fancy new loft-box??

Sep 9, 07 8:54 pm  · 
 · 

well I'm glad you get to sleep somewhere contained. Being able to do laundry at odd times in the night is beautiful thing, if only they invented something as simple/effortless to get your clothes ironed. I loathe/hate ironing.

A pub in LA will work. I just need to get there. More and more I keep thinking I really should take a visit. But unfortunately I have to wait until january the earliest

Sep 9, 07 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

It has been a honey do...weekend here....well not actually cause the lady is away basking in the Spring Sun of Rio. I did tackle some projects around the house this weekend. You know the kind where you know it is going to take more than a day to get it done and you really don't want to clean up at the end of the day just incase you have time to work on it the next day. I have set one major goal and that is to have the bathroom in shape for the final painting before she returns next sunday. I have been plastering and sanding and plastering. I also have the great stained glass window I picked up for $45.00 a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to get it as far along as possible before she returned home. I would love to have that
28 X 42 inch baby hanging in her south facing Kitchen window if at all possible. It is one of those crazy things one does when their in Love.. So the 3 dogs, Matisse, Frito and Snooker have been on their best behavior.

Sep 9, 07 9:34 pm  · 
 · 

all manner of dog jokes are running through my head at the moment snooker. but none appropriate or really that funny. I once met a lady that had a mastif named matisse - ironically the dog had very human features

Sep 9, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

vr - a.m., p.m. whenever - as long as its before taco bell closes HA!

Mies is such a cuttie!

Sep 9, 07 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

does mies get its own cube???

you know who's a good ironer? me thats who...

Sep 9, 07 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I wish I could get a dog. I wish wish wish wish wish. Like an ache.

Sep 9, 07 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

get one that don't require ironing...

Sep 9, 07 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I don't get home till 9 or 10 pm most nights and am gone by 8am for work. That's why. :) See also:

a) my bank account
b) my utter lack of ability to deal with crating/training/cleaning up puppy accidents at this point
c) my lease.
d) my bank account.

[le sigh]

Sep 10, 07 12:04 am  · 
 · 
myriam

Yep! Just to wallow in my sadness a bit I just completed another one of those which-doggie-is-right-for-you quizes and surprise, it came up Boston Terrier. I still want a little French bulldog but either way man, I'd be stoked.

Sep 10, 07 12:21 am  · 
 · 

I really want a basset hound. They're just so sweet and lazy. I'd kind of hoped that moving to a house would mean I could get one, but once again I've ended up with a "No Pets" clause. It's probably better though, that way I can travel and not have to worry about it. Someday, though!

Sep 10, 07 1:29 am  · 
 · 

who can resist those eyes?

Sep 10, 07 1:32 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Damn you all for talking about dogs. I could get one, in theory, but I'm fine with my cat right now and I'd rather live in a house first too. Or at least someplace like tumbles with a nice patio where it could go out.

I think I'd like this little guy just fine.

Goddammit! I can't stop looking at puppies now!!

Sep 10, 07 1:51 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

just go get a mutt. they're the best dogs anyway.

Sep 10, 07 8:04 am  · 
 · 

hmmm I want all those pooches. I could be a pooche-thief going from archinect house to archinect house

Sep 10, 07 8:22 am  · 
 · 

here's my two boys...

2.5 year old jasper

9.5 year old riley

it's funny that recent conversation here involves dogs and ways to get blood out of sheets... over the weekend i got a little spot of blood on my sheets, but was too lazy to change them before falling asleep... the next morning when i got out of the shower, jasper had been licking the dried spot of blood and it was basically gone... i guess that dog saliva works too...

Sep 10, 07 8:45 am  · 
 · 

techno- there is someone that makes a steam cabinet sort of thing that you would put between your washer and dryer that basically steams all of the wrinkles out of your clothes... i can't remember who made it though...

and... someone stole my big galvanized pot + plant off of my front stoop this weekend in the middle of the day while we were at home... who the hell steals a pot? what's the point of that? i can understand stealing a bike or something that you can hock for some money... did you have an empty spot in your garden that needed a nice pot and you just couldn't be bothered to go to ikea and get one yourself? argh...

Sep 10, 07 8:53 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Indy is getting a new ericsson*, that MUST mean we are a real big city!

* If you want to see the historic moment at which Orhan coined the term "ericsson" for twisted tubes, look here.

It's de-inflated Monday.

Sep 10, 07 10:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: