Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

KEG

what's that in the sky? is it a bird? A plane? No, it's...

Jul 18, 07 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

are you guys follow the story on that sick fuck, Michael Vick.
hate the breeder, not the breed.

Those poor, poor animals. I'm totally against the death penalty, but I'd kill the guy myself.

Jul 18, 07 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow he looks like a real stand-up guy. (This IS sarcastic Wednesday)

Yeah, that's pretty gross. Good to know that he's the highest paid player in the NFL too.

Jul 18, 07 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

That jackass just gets chance after chance after chance, too. Guy's fucking lucky to have even been drafted- the appropriate action would have been to be SOOOO grateful that any team took a chance on him that it was worth it to walk the straight and narrow from then on. But no, he continues to be the perfect example of entitlement.

Jul 18, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

hate the gamers, not the game.

Jul 18, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

ah baths...for the short unfortuneately. i haven't fit in a
bathtub since high schoool...it is actually physically impossible
for me to get my entire body underwater in most tubs...
i've tried...and i'm only 6'-1". maybe someday i'll design
a corb-like bathtub for myself..or better yet just get a pool.

Jul 18, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

TC has been slow today.

Jul 18, 07 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

i'm confused rationalist...

we're talking about michael vick right? one of the best running
qbs in the game coming out of school...not much of an arm, but
a very talented player. picked first overall right?

did he have any prior run-ins with the law that i don't know about?

of course his current activity is despicable, but what did he do in
college? or really even in the pros? other than the water bottle?

Jul 18, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

ZUMA - for all you bath lovers

Jul 18, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

and tumbleweed...

why not just sports in general? why american sports? there
are just as many controversies goin on overseas...but i guess
i've always been an irrational fan of sports in general.

Jul 18, 07 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I like how they behead players for losing in some countries. Bet thats cheaper than paying them to play.

Jul 18, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 

lars- oops. After a quick search of ESPN it seems that I'd mentally merged Michael Vick with his brother Marcus, who was in and out of trouble all through college.

Jul 18, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
hocus.pocus is dead

Good afternooooooon!!!! all of you Thread Central old folkies!!!!

How are you doing today, glad to see me back so that I can take the edge off of those smug smiles you've been sporting, no?

Sorry I didn't check in earlier to pay my respects but I slept-in today and have been busy shredding bowling pins all afternoon while you poor slubs have been working your sorry asses off, different-day-same-shit-style.

This Michael Vick business is bullshit. Dogs are worthless and should be allowed to fight. And there's no way a top quarter-back should go to jail for that. It's a competitive world & you need a nasty streak to be successful...but then I suppose that this band of merry-genital-stroking-do-gooders-aka-Thread-Centralinos wouldn't know that, now would you?

Jul 18, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

rationalist:
figured as much...since i knew you liked college football...only other
thing i could figure was that virginia tech had beaten usc or something.

i think that's what so surprising about this case...vick has so much
to lose and is really dumb to risk everything for this...and to have
participated in the first place for that matter. that story is really
disturbing as well. hard to imagine how people can be so cruel
to a dog.

Jul 18, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

fair enough tumbleweed. i think i fall into the category of likeable
football watchers..but i'm not sure. i don't own any jerseys if that's
a qualifier.

Jul 18, 07 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™
merry-genital-stroking-do-gooders-aka-Thread-Centralinos

so good i had to see it twice.

· 
larslarson

hey paul,

when's that ignore button getting put into place?

· 
WonderK

You can't dislike "all" football watchers, tumbles. That would be like rationalist saying she dislikes "giant-bedroom-cube-makers".

The story said they killed one of the dogs by "slamming it against the ground". I can't even process that sentence because it makes me start to vomit.

Jul 18, 07 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I don't like how football can take attention away from me. Husband doesn't watch football, but he, of course, watches roadracing at all levels. Not NASCAR, roadracing,F1 type stuff. I get jealous over inanimate objects, and TV is my sworn enemy. Unless I want to watch it.

Jul 18, 07 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

i know hocus.pocus is trying to get a rise....
but that is the singularly most offensive and disgusting thing I've ever read on archinect. it's terrifying people can even consider joking about this.

Jul 18, 07 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

aha...we get to the root of the matter...
i believe i mostly refer to the teams i watch as 'they' or by their
team name...but i may slip in a 'we' every once in a blue moon.

as i get older fewer and fewer games take top priority.

Jul 18, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 

<<<<football watcher. Right hear. AVID Trojan football fan. Season tickets, the whole shubang. When the Trojans play the Huskies, I'll still root for the Trojans. Well, that's partly because Tyrone Willingham is such a whiny loser though. But anyway, on to lars...

"only other
thing i could figure was that virginia tech had beaten usc or something"

That's low. You know it was the other way around. We wupped their behinds two years running. Not as badly as we wupped Arkansas', but I loved seeing that look on Frank Beamer's face. You know the one he gets? Where his face just says, "ohhhh fuck. How did I get myself into this?"

Jul 18, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

don't feed the troll.

Jul 18, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 

ahahahahaha.... I only just read tumbles' post regarding 'we'. I guess I can't even claim 'not guilty' at this point, huh?

Jul 18, 07 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

rationalist...
i didn't think they had for the record. just thought that could only
be the other reason for your anger.

Jul 18, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Regarding sports, I'm a dream wife. I live, eat, and breathe it and the day after the superbowl, is a dark, dark day. NBA and the various drafts get me through to summer, but it seems like forever between NBA finals and NFL training camp.

· 
WonderK

Ok, that's fine but remind me never to take you girls to a baseball game!

(baseball is a part of your DNA if you grow up in Cincy)

· 
mightylittle™

tumbles...

... you don't even coach/finance/or sit on the bench!

as a matter of fact, i do finance the teams i like by buying tickets and going to the games. i also finance them by watching the advertising that they show between plays and by drinking the cheap swill beer they sell.

so when i refer to my beloved bronx bombers in the possessive...it's fo' real yo.

but that mikey vick is a dick. him and ron artest should get together for a little inmate-genital-stroking in the clink.

Jul 18, 07 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Remember, don't argue with idiots, they only bring you down to their level.

Jul 18, 07 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I was refering to tumbles and Sarah but it appears I can't keep up today....

Jul 18, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 

Ahh what a wonderful day.

Its a half day from work, in honour of the people who died as a result of the volcano. This is actually funny because 1. they died on the 25th June and its now July; 2. they dozen or so people died because they broke the law and reentered a environmentally volatile area literally in the path of the volcanic flows.

So in honour of them, they gave us 4 hours off.

Jul 18, 07 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

wk...same thing if you grew up in beantown. still follow pretty
much every game even though i'm in nyc.

Jul 18, 07 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I dont mind games in person. I've been to a few flyers, and a few stars games, along with mavs, and the Texans once. But when its on tv, its different. Oh, and I was at that reds game when they went into like 18 million extra innings, but I was 7, so it was super boring.

My favorite way to watch a game is from a free food and alchohol company box suite. But free always makes things better.

Jul 18, 07 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

what, i'm...

????

Jul 18, 07 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

car racing

Jul 18, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 

that stuff with the dogs is kinda sad but opens up some other debates

do they have cat fights (i'm asking this for real, not Pam and Carmen going at it...or worse Paris and whomever), but actually trained felines that scratch each others eyes out.

also

why is the media so quick to make an inditement into a conviction (and it seems as if we've fell into that slippery slope as well). Even resorting to name calling and assessing people's personality and wealth as reasons behind it.

Jul 18, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

mdler, that seemed random, as does ML's concoction.

Jul 18, 07 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

it's chopped liver...and so am i apparently for not making tumbles' cut.

Jul 18, 07 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I know little boys tie cats together, but I don't think there are betting cat fights. Cats aren't predictable enough, nor do they want to please their masters like dogs do.

Jul 18, 07 5:14 pm  · 
 · 

I'm not much for the NFL - I do watch intently and passionately when Longhorns play -> but that my friend is more of a religion something I'm sure Sarah understands unless she's a whiney Agie

anyhow I digress

but why do so many US sports rely on excessive armoury - Lacross, Hockey, American Football; is this not a little well excessive? Granted playing games with giants sticks doesn't seem like much fun to me anyhoooo

Jul 18, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

It looked like chili fixin's to me. Bacon/pancetta, ground beef, stuff like that.

Jul 18, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 

hook em horns

Jul 18, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
Jul 18, 07 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Techno, my mother had a rule about college. If any of her children went to ATM, then they would have to take care of her when she got old. That was deterent enough. She graduated from UT way back when the rivalry was super strong. Its not as bad with the younger generations I've noticed.

My brother is an OU fan just to get to her though. I stay in the kitchen at Thanksgiving.

Techno, where are you from?

Jul 18, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Oh, and the hand sign was one of the first things she taught us to do as babies.

Jul 18, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

My gut feels like I had too much sugar, any tips on making that go away?

Jul 18, 07 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm with W2D, hocus.pocus joking about torturing dogs in an effort to cause infighting amongst a group of friends is way, way over the line.

And I've had it.

hocus.pocus is an asshole.
pimpanzee is an asshole.
Anyone who says smoking in public is a "right" is an asshole too.

See you guys later, I need a break.

Jul 18, 07 5:23 pm  · 
 · 

liberty bell, I can only agree. I was feeling that way yesterday afternoon, even emailed WonderK to say I was taking a break, and then a thread got started that I just couldn't ignore (hmmm, wonder which one) and I came back quickly. Hope we don't have to miss you for too long, but I totally understand.

Jul 18, 07 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i LOVE football almost as much as i LOVE merry genital stroking.

Jul 18, 07 5:29 pm  · 
 · 

Sarah - I'm from Jamaica

but about a decade and a half ago I was in LiG position doing the summer academy and precollege at UTA. I sat through far too many summer season games, suffering from nose bleeds and the like from that amazingly brutalist stadium to the point where i got hooked.

I hate american football but love the longhorns - go figure

Jul 18, 07 5:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: