Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

happy birthday mdler - are you really 28?

Jul 17, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
hocus.pocus is dead

Hi everybody,

Just one question for the tribe of elders, what's with all the touchy-feely participants on Archinect?

Oh, I really like shoes too. Maybe I'll post some pictures later. Or would hand-sketches be more "architecty"? Thanks and "Happy Birthdaze" to all!

Jul 17, 07 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

explain "touchy-feely" please.

Jul 17, 07 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

.....ignore ignore ignore please let's not feed this troll....

Jul 17, 07 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

oh, I thought it was an honest question. oops. we should find a way to colour the names in green or something for people like that.

Jul 17, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
hocus.pocus is dead

Ms. Hamilton,

Sorry for resorting to cliche. I think what I meant was that some of the Forum participants seem to be sensitive in their reaction to posts by other people, even though this is a public forum. Why do you think that is?

Jul 17, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

because even though this is a public forum people generally
attempt some sort of respect..which you, so far, have not.

Jul 17, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
hocus.pocus is dead

Ms. Hamilton,

It is an honest question. Thank you.

Jul 17, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

please re: the thread with your name

Jul 17, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

hocus.pocus=evangelical bunny?

Jul 17, 07 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
hocus.pocus is dead

Mr. Larson,

I respect the open nature of the internet. And I speak freely because of that.

What are the rest of you afraid of? That your teachers are going to "catch" you surfing the internet?

Jul 17, 07 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

not sure what there is to be afraid of...from what i've read of
your comments there's very little to respond to. simple attempts
at insults and attempts at provocation..

Jul 17, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
hocus.pocus is dead

[img]http://www.yankodesign.com/images/Alessi/Stefano_Giovannoni/magic_bunny_small.jpg[/i]
Magic bunny! Now there's a scary idea.

Nice points, Mr. Larson.

Jul 17, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
hocus.pocus is dead

Oops. Does anybody know how to post a picture?

Jul 17, 07 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

nope. no picture posters here.

Jul 17, 07 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
hocus.pocus is dead

Okay, I researched some previous threads so let's try this again:

Magic bunny! Now there's a scary idea.

Jul 17, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

oh man, that sounds fantastic. truffle oil makes my tastebuds radiate like the light of jesus shines upon them. i'd like the recipe please. can you email it to me?

Jul 17, 07 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

PASS THE TRUFFLE OIL, PLEASE...

Jul 17, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 

tumbles who were you cooking for? sounds divine.

My two cents are that we've now gotten the tri-fecta - vinquist/per correll, evangelical bunny and now hocus.pocus -> insert song here!

Jul 17, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

"Blueberry beef" sauce is something my husband would love...he's really into these fruity/savory combinations. Please tumbles, can you post the recipe?

Jul 17, 07 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

is that a vermeer? No wait, I'm changing my aswer, I bet its a caravagio huh.

Jul 17, 07 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
hocus.pocus is dead

Ms. Weed,

Nice attempt at misdirection but with a whole summer's vacation sitting in front of me you'll have a hard time ignoring me before you return to school. Besides I like it here.

And I'm glad I figured out how to post a picture. Now I have license to harrass the rookie's that haven't figured it out yet.

Jul 17, 07 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

sounds good tumbles.

ever cook venison?

Jul 17, 07 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

and hocus.pocus...

you may have the entire summer ahead of you (what are you, like 19 anyway?) but most of us do not. we work...and come to archinect as an easy-going distraction during an otherwise busy existence.

trust us...many before you have been kicked off for less.

keep it cool, play nice, don't be a dick, and people will accept you.

the world wide web may be a great place to play out your aggressions, but folks around here (myself included) aren't interested. though if you want a fight...i'm sure jonas would be happy to discuss mid-east politics with you, or discuss the finer points of 3d-h with vindpust. look them up.

keep your internet-muscles in check. k tough guy?

and go easy on the images...keep 'em small, unlike tumbles' oops up there. your bunnies were a good size.

sheesh.

-ml

Jul 17, 07 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I have alwasy wanted to eat.....

Bear
Whale
Buffalo
Marlin

Ok, thats all I can think of. I'm just curious as to what it tastes like, so don't get all EPA on me.

Jul 17, 07 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

"Ms. Weed", cute.

Jul 17, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tumbles

dont forget that you added grilled onions to the sauce to thicken it up

Jul 17, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

The thought of wild game always makes me nauseous (sp?) I actually like venison, until my dad made deer ribs and it was just too close to the live version.

Jul 17, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 

Sarah, I had a buffalo burger while visiting Denver once. Those critters are quite tasty.

Jul 17, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

don't be a dick. now you tell me.

Jul 17, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

vado, I think your 8000 posts allows you much more freedom.

Jul 17, 07 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

seriously? Or were they just called that?

Jul 17, 07 5:20 pm  · 
 · 

I know this makes me a wimp and fully adknowledge such, but I can't imagine eating bunnies. They're just too cute. Well, maybe jackrabbit. Those suckers are mean!

Jul 17, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

what about jackoloupe?

Jul 17, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I imagine they'd be tough, similar to brain.

Jul 17, 07 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

Do jackalopes even really exist? I thought they were fictional, or possibly extinct.

Jul 17, 07 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Well they run in the same pack as snipe, so if you ever go snipe hunting, you may see one.

Jul 17, 07 5:25 pm  · 
 · 

you're mean... I knew I was right. Bloody jackalopes. Yeah, right.

Actually, did you ever see the "jackalope" short from pixar? It was pretty damn cute.

Jul 17, 07 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Surprisingly, they are cute. I mean, guys get jack rabits "stuffed" and put small antelers onto them. They retain their cuteness, and look impressivly real.

Jul 17, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

vado - sorry, you didn't get the memo, huh?

SH - brains are anything but tough.

they've got the texture of softly cooked scrambled eggs.

they can be delicious...fried in dark brown butter...lots of capers. yum.

but the whole Kreutzfeld-Jacob Syndrome is a bit of a bummer you know?

i don't get in on brains anymore. i used to have to cook them all the time though. them and kidneys. liver. sweetbreads. the whole hog, really.

Jul 17, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 

And may I simply say that the reason I hated evangilical bunny was not JUST the amount of jesus juice he tried to force down our throats, but the whole alter-ego thing. If you've got an alter ego through which you commiserate about grad school, ask questions about salary, or whatever else you feel the need to hide, whatever. But alter egos that are only around to be assholes are something I thought that archinect was above. If that turns out not to be the case, then you'll be seeing considerably less of me.

Jul 17, 07 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

whats K-J syndrome?

And I was only going by what my dad told me of some turkish lamb brains he had while stationed there. Said he choked down two servings cause his buddy wouldnt eat it, and he didnt want to insult the cheff. We're big on that.

Jul 17, 07 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

K-J syndrome is the human variant of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy...

...otherwise known as MAD COW DISEASE.

Jul 17, 07 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

oh, its mad cow basically. But its spelled with a 'C.' Yes, I looked it up.

Jul 17, 07 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

ah yes...spelled with a C. either way...who needs it?

Jul 17, 07 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

So, ML, where are you, or were you that you ate such things regularly? You can't even buy most of that stuff in the states, so I am curious as to your cultural background.

Jul 17, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Sarah, I'm surprised all this talk of exotic foods hasn't made you sick.

Jul 17, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Horse tastes good.

Jul 17, 07 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I'm seperating/sompartmentalizing. Whatever you want to call it. I watched that show with the fat, bald american that eats weird exotic foods while traveling the other day. It was intense. The only thing he couldn't handle in this episode was the famed Durian fruit. But I now know how they make fermented shrimp paste.

Jul 17, 07 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
hocus.pocus is dead

Yeah, cows have mad cow disease because we feed them their own brains. How about that for fucked up. Cows are supposed to be grass-eaters. It's like posting your posts on a thread you started about yourself and it will make you stupid and post stupid shit you pathetic loser.

Jul 17, 07 5:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: