Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

myriam

That is the back-up plan if I can't find anything less destructive to do with them.

Jun 23, 07 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Oh my goodness, PH, take a chill pill. What's the mater; did I hurt your feelings? You can dish it out but you can't take it? If you would stop calling people FAKE and insincere you might earn some respect around here. Stick a fork in me - I'm done with this conversation.

Jun 23, 07 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Jun 23, 07 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

myriam: I think I'm pretty well-stocked on boxes right now, but thanks anyway.

Jun 23, 07 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I might need a tetanus shot if you poke me with that thing!!!

Jun 23, 07 9:42 pm  · 
 · 

katze I take it your bitching about something from another conversation.

Jun 23, 07 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Yes, it started in the "which archinecteour do you want to meet next?" and I regrettably bitched the top of this thread. I am over it now :) Thanks for letting me vent.

Jun 23, 07 9:59 pm  · 
 · 

tc is good that way, the right avenue for venting thread spats

Jun 23, 07 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

exactly! :)

Jun 23, 07 10:23 pm  · 
 · 

daisy says hello to everybody and i am happy to announce, she has taken some haphazard but giant steps to walk the whole 8 feet without any assistance. it look more like a series of kangaroo jumps. she is tired and watching tv now.;.)

Jun 23, 07 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

thats great orhan!

Jun 23, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

for daisy...

Jun 23, 07 11:25 pm  · 
 · 

good to see the pooche is making her way around. I'm sure you are happy, and we hope to see you return to your usual commentaries on TC as well Orhan. We've been missing you.

Jun 24, 07 12:06 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yay for Daisy!

I just got home a little while ago. Just in time apparently, as I think there is a street fight about to break out down the block from my apartment. I can tell because it's so nice that the windows are open so I can hear it. Luckily the fan will drown this out so I can sleep.

I am going to refrain from calling the police, as they tend to [url=
exacerbate]http://www.flickr.com/photos/wonderk/515159870/in/set-72157600269874536/]exacerbate matters[/url] in this part of town.

Jun 24, 07 1:34 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Damn, I hate it when I mess up tags. Sorry. Just look at that Flickr picture.

G'night.

Jun 24, 07 1:35 am  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

I just realized Squirrely's been missing. Is he with Puddles?

Jun 24, 07 2:16 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'm drunk as hell.... very drunk. Nothing to say, other than that. I feel pretty good now, but I dread what the morning will bring.

Jun 24, 07 5:58 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

congrats orhan! and daisy.

on another note - father + 12 pack + 6 hours = fun

can someone come up with an equation that equals him leaving?

Jun 24, 07 6:17 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i sent a message to the squirrelmeister as i had not seen him for ages. he is a busy beaver travelling, working etc.

a rainy sunday morning with the cat on one side of the keyboard and some coffee on the other. am getting into the beuys but will eventually have to do some housekeeping.

Jun 24, 07 8:32 am  · 
 · 

fUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuCK!

Went and had fun at beach yesterday, got fried, am now sick to my stomach.

Also, got in the mail yesterday a packet on my TA orientation, which is occuring September 17th-19th. I had not planned on leaving LA until September 17th! My van is booked. My last day at work is set. I had my plans all made, and now this royally fucks them. Now I get the choice between a)paying more for my van rental because I'm travelling over the weekend now, leaving town only ONE NIGHT after my last day at work, and generally stressing completely over the whole moving process, or b)quitting work two weeks early (less $$$ in my pocket), trying to be out of my apartment by September 1st so as not to pay rent, and generally rushing the whole packing/car selling/furniture selling process, and also screwing over my home-finding trip, BUT getting to travel during weekdays (cheaper van) and getting a little extra time between work and the actual move while I chill at a friend's place for a few days. BAH.

Jun 24, 07 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

rationalist, those are an awful lot of choices for a Sunday morning. Go have some brunch and make yourself a pro/con list. Works every time.

Jun 24, 07 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

tummy doesn't think that brunch sounds like a good idea.

Jun 24, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Welcome to page 114.

· 
garpike

Ouchy! All of this hinges on the TA thing?

I agree with WK. Have an omelet.

· 
WonderK

Hmmm. Did you get sun poisoning? Or hungover? Drink lots of water and try again in an hour.

Jun 24, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

If you're hungover, yummy potatoes should help. There's also the "wretch to make yourself feel better" option.

Still do the pro/con list though. Writing things out helps.

Jun 24, 07 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Sounds like sun poisoning. Damn sun!

I recommend you take that ick day. If you are like me, the itchiness is about to begin.

Jun 24, 07 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

sick day. But ick also works?

Jun 24, 07 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha ha Wonder puts the Wretch in Wonder.

Jun 24, 07 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

She feels icky, so I'd say "ick" is a fair descriptor.

Jun 24, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I don't think I seen "wretch" in type since fifth grad - i.e. Mad Magazine.

Jun 24, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Hey! Sometimes it does help to make yourself ralph, I'm just saying.

"I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. If you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be."

Jun 24, 07 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Dear Boss,

I am feeling icky. I'd lke to take an ick day. See you Tuesday.

Rationally Retching

· 
WonderK

garpike, you get a gold star if you can tell me what that's from...

· 
garpike

You like that Canadian, don't you WK?

Jun 24, 07 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Smack! Star for me.

Jun 24, 07 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

He's funny! I like the funny. What can I say. Mike Myers movies are a part of my system, quotes from them formed at least half of my vocabulary in high school.

Jun 24, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

for garpike:

(you do see a gold star, correct?)

Jun 24, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Har har. I do.

Jun 24, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 

I think I will take that ick day. Unfortunately, it means missing 'nectors at Bodega tomorrow evening, but I don't think that alky-hol is the best idea for me now anyways.

Gar- yeppers. The thing is, "that TA thing" is paying 1/3 of my tuition + a quarter's health insurance + $4300 stipend. So it's worth going to quite a lot of trouble for.

I think I've got it figured out: I leave work one day earlier than planned, get the van midday friday, have plenty of time to load it up that day, have a last dinner with friends that night and do some apartment cleaning, then leave the following morning taking the 5 straight up (buh-bye pretty coastal roads!), drive til I hit Portland that night, stop for the night, then it should only take me about 4 hours to get from Portland to Seattle, so should have the whole afternoon and evening to unpack. Then ride to TA conference at ungodly hour of monday morning to get my schedule, ride back, take van to get bed and maybe desk chair, deposit those at as -yet-unknown housing situation, then drop off van at SEA-TAC and take bus back up to TA conference. And because it's a day less of van-time, it's actually around $200 cheaper. Although Portland will be more expensive than little Crescent City (previously planned night stop), so I may be making some of that up, and I'll be losing a day's pay, unless they let me take that friday as a sick/personal day. Anyhoo, I thiiiiiink it's doable.

Jun 24, 07 12:49 pm  · 
 · 

Wonder K, Mike Myers is a genius...whilst reading I was doing the silly accent along with it. Although Wayne's World wasn't a good transfer from SNL to film it still got me laughing. He is the SNL effect - to be able to transform sketch comedy to big budget movies. In that case watch out for the ambigously gay duo at a theatre near you

Jun 24, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I was gonna say, if you're gonna spew, spew into THIS.

rationalist it's a good thing i didn't offer my advice before you made your decision. good luck!

Jun 24, 07 3:18 pm  · 
 · 

ha. What, you were going to tell me to leave the two weeks earlier? I was sorely tempted, but am afraid that I couldn't get stuff I need to do done (like sell my car!) in time, because that would take me down to only ten weeks left in LA...

Jun 24, 07 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

you can get a lot done in ten weeks. on the other hand, you will never again have the chance to take this leisurely road trip up the coast and rest and relax before starting your life change. i truly believe in resting before big changes. in my opinion two weeks pay, in the grand scheme of things, is not that much, and it would be worth it to me to throw the credit card at that one. on the other hand, if it's going to make you destitute, don't do it. :)

i've done all my moving in a rush and it always ends up pretty badly. typically i end up being forced to choose an apt. i can't really afford because it takes too much time to find the bargain.

Jun 24, 07 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yeah but with those boxes ready to go when you do find that ideal place you can move in no time!

Jun 24, 07 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

It wouldn't make me destitute, but it would make take things from 'comfortable' to 'quite tight'. I'm really trying to do the grad school thing without carrying a credit card balance. Mostly though, I'm just worried that a salvage title car won't necessarily sell in 8 weeks (it's still two weeks work away from being market-ready).

On the other hand, in a bout of oh-my-god-I'm-not-nearly-ready panic, I got my ass in gear and sorted out clothes which I'll try to sell to a thrift shop and some that are going straight to goodwill. And I looked at furniture online. I think I'm ready to give up IKEA.

Jun 24, 07 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Ikea has gotten really bland and traditional looking lately. The past few seasons have been kind of a bummer. I did pick up an awesome lamp and dining chairs there recently, though.

Well, do what works best for you. I always feel like I want to get the hell out of dodge, and sell/throw away everything in the blink of an eye. Probably for less than it's worth, but then again it's a question of priorities. Do what works best for you. Deadlines do, however, have a way of getting our asses in gear, no matter what.

Jun 24, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
AP

good luck with your move rationalist. i'm sure everything will work out well in the end...although it certainly can be challanging along the way.

and great to hear that daisy took some giant steps for puppy-kind.

aml - i haven't commented on it yet, but that's something else that you lived downtown in September 01...how long were you in nyc?

Jun 24, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 

myriam I'm with you, alot of things at IKEA is getting kinda blah. Particularly their furniture. Oddly enough the wares are still good as well as the kitchens - fancy buying one and install it for my next project

Jun 24, 07 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

yes i agree. the kitchens are getting better and the furniture is getting crap.

Jun 24, 07 9:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: