Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

snooker

lig....You know it is a good time to ask to be named a partner in the firm you have been working in. You have nothing to loose.....and well you could put off graduate school for a couple years and sock away a drawer full of cash so you wouldn't have to worry about being broke and being in graduate school.

Jun 21, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

There's not enough money on earth that would make me want to be a partner in this firm.

Jun 21, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
speaking of stalkers

My stalker got in my car today, when I stopped to chat with a friend of mine that owns a bar/restaurant. She remained in my car as I went to the market, two meetings, and finally back to the office. This last 2 hours.

its a good thing I'm not wimpy

Jun 21, 07 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

husband - No

kids - No

dog - Yes, (techincally not mine but he lives with me)

cat - No (but I love them)

cell phone - Yes

computer - Yes

cable - Yes

dvd - Yes

tv - Yes

ipod - Yes

car - Yes

bike - No; it's only good for instant death here.

job - Yes and yes

Jun 21, 07 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

yeah..i don't get the story either...did she just sit in your
car for two hours and wait for you?

Jun 21, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

is this a riddle? is it a cat, architechnophilia?

Jun 21, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 

Yah she sat down in the car, without being asked. After my 2nd meeting she asked me to take her home. So I did.

tumbles no one locks their car here, nor their houses...

Jun 21, 07 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Maybe you should become a community leader in this regard

Jun 21, 07 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

I don't lock my car or house. But I don't have a stalker either...

Jun 21, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 

In the Carribean, locking your car is an indication that you have something of value inside that you wish to protect, and results in your window getting broken and your car tossed. Many people even leave the windows rolled down while their car is parked.

Jun 21, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

techno...

did you know previously where your stalker lived? is the island
that small? still strange...

Jun 21, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

The world is so fascinating, and I'm not being sarcastic. Makes sense on the criminals part though, but crazy. I rarely lock my car either, but that's a result of growing up in a small town/ now the suburbs.

Jun 21, 07 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i am very excited to watch this tonite. a doc about the multi million dollar art heist at the isabelle gardner museum in boston.

there's a reward if you're lookin for something to do.

Jun 21, 07 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

that sounds really interesting Vado. You will have to give us a synopsis, and your best siskel and ebert impression.

Forgive me if I mispelled their names.

Jun 21, 07 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

vado..
is that on pbs or something? that heist always intrigued me
cause it happened while i lived there. i've lived in boston 25
years and i've never been to that museum...although i used to
have a friend that helped to maintain all the plants within it..

Jun 21, 07 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

it was on pbs a couple of years back. the libary has it at another branch and so i was waitin for it to be delivered to the downtown branch. also, if you wanna read a good book about art thievery, including the igm heist, check out "the irish game". its highly believed that either irish mob guys from boston or maybe the ira robbed the gardner.

Jun 21, 07 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

i'd like to read a book about the heist at the munch museet in oslo
if there ever is one.

Jun 21, 07 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

what is this? looks like fun. kinda:
husband -yes
kids - no
dog - no
cat - two
cell phone - yes
computer - two
cable - no
dvd - yes
tv - yes
ipod - shuffle, it was a freebie
car - i share one
bike - yes
job - yes of course, how else do I archinect all day long?

Jun 21, 07 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

lars - I knew where she lived because this isn't the first time its happened to me. But this time I warned to limit the sexual innuendos (my heart does infact belong to TC)

Jun 21, 07 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
job - yes of course, how else do I archinect all day long?

thanks S'beary for giving me the chuckles

Jun 21, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

actually lars the munch heist is featured quite prominently in "the irish game" check it out.

Jun 21, 07 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

vado..
i'll definitely read it..thanks.
i'm into basically any book about art..
portrait of doctor gachet - (think that's the title) it's a story about
one of van gogh's portraits and it's ownership history.

michelangelo and the pope's ceiling - ross king
and currently reading the judgement of paris - king..

the flander's panel - arturo perez reverte...a mystery regarding
a painting and it's hidden messages.

haven't sunk to reading the davinci code yet..

Jun 21, 07 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

techno that is really bizarre.....

What's with all the self-reflection today anyway? I guess you'll have that sometimes, this being a social experiment and all.

Jun 21, 07 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

I found many free boxes while I was walking around outside... good reuse... and added benefit of never needing to pay for moving boxes here! I'm getting nervous.

Jun 21, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I had 6 pints of beer from noon till 6. WWTCD? Am I OK to drive home?

Jun 21, 07 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I would have another, Strawbeary

Jun 21, 07 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Strawbeary,

I think you are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to issues of sobriety

Jun 21, 07 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Sobriety is overrated anyways.

Jun 21, 07 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Ah, made it home. Having another at home. Whose idear was it anyways to get growlers to bring back to the office after lunch anyways? Damn architects.

Jun 21, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

It is Thursday, isn't it? Did I miss it? Was it Friday today?

Strawbeary I should have visited your office when I had the chance. I imagine a margarita machine and a kegerator instead of a coffee machine. I agree, sobriety is overrated.....speaking of tequila, I think I will have another margarita, thank you....

Jun 21, 07 9:08 pm  · 
 · 

WK I think I've been more self-reflective since I've returned to work.

Jun 21, 07 9:08 pm  · 
 · 

my no.2 asked me why i was more critical of him... I really didn't have an answer (or chose not to) just accepted that he was right

Jun 21, 07 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

husband - yes
kids - No
dog - No
cat - Yes
cell phone - Yes
computer - Yes
cable - Yes
dvd - Yes
tv - Yes
ipod - No
car – regrettably, yes
bike - Yes
job - Yes, and a great one at that

and my news for the day – I propose to ban paperharbinger

Jun 21, 07 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Happy 113 TC!!!

Jun 21, 07 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

which munch heist? 1994 or 2004?

Jun 21, 07 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
QUICK HELP, TREEKILLER?!? OTHER GREENIES???

What is the name f that super-cool stainless (I think) wire framework which becomes a trellis wall support for plants to grow up - I thought it had some clever name like GreenGrow or Living Wall or something....

Jun 21, 07 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Also, who did that string and pvc tube swaying wind sculpture on the church roof in...um...somewhere in Europe?

I wish I had better recall.

Jun 21, 07 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oops, found the second one: nArchitects.

Jun 21, 07 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Green wall?

http://www.s3i.co.uk/greenwall.php

Jun 21, 07 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

nArchitects...cool

Jun 21, 07 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yep, Katze, I believe that's it! Thanks!!!

(Stuff to show students. Steven spent the day with us walking around Louisville and visiting cool places like 21C and the Humana Tower and Mercantile Lofts. Tomorrow they get a new project and I need to show them some images first - thankyou!!)

Jun 21, 07 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

glad to help.

Jun 21, 07 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

lb, you might also be thinking of green screen.

http://www.greenscreen.com/home.html

~~~~~~

I am tipsy (drunk) right now, and I am thinking that hummus tastes a little like ice cream whilst drunk. just saying.

Jun 21, 07 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the flanders panel was made into a not very good movie starring the very good looking kate beckinsale. its called "uncovered"

Jun 21, 07 10:57 pm  · 
 · 

lb sounds like you are having a great time with those kids.

2nd note. I did an interview for my blog, with Eric Bunge of nArchitects coming soon...

Jun 22, 07 12:04 am  · 
 · 
Appleseed

I think TC should have 'missions' ala fight club. I'mma get into an office argument tomorrow.

Jun 22, 07 12:47 am  · 
 · 
Katze

...wicked cool architech - looking forward to your interview post!

Jun 22, 07 1:40 am  · 
 · 
paperharbinger

Katze,

I find your proposal to ban me exciting. I propose the following courses of action:

-TC can have a normal trial, jury of peers, a judge (non-TC perhaps?) and i'll advocate for myself and we'll let the jury decide.
-A TC townhall discussion ala dogville
-A junta of the TC'ers most injured by my writing can hand down a decision

I would accept any of the three methods above and accept the final decision as that final (even if you decide to keep me around as not much more than a servant ;).

I do have to say for myself that my only crime was to say that mdler can and goes over the line and should moderate himself for his good and ours. I also said that TC, inadvertently, is helping make archinect an insular community, which accepts people but more akin to an immigration policy (you are joining a set group if you join archinect), which requires to speak the language and follow the culture or get out. none of that is bad or even imposed by anyone, is just (imho) happening.

Jun 22, 07 7:17 am  · 
 · 

we can't ban paperharbinger because that's one of the coolest screen names on the site!

i might agree with you, paperharbinger, about the effect of TC. it has become a place for those who visit archinect often. but it's just as likely that it's helping the rest of archinect stay open to new voices. if we weren't hanging out in this thread, we'd overrun all the rest....um...more than we do.

another note, re: lurkers. i've thought it's interesting that if you don't register/login, you don't even SEE thread central, along with several other threads. i don't yet understand how this is moderated, but i've found it interesting that a certain level of access depends on logging in.

banning anyone seems as counterproductive as any annoyance these people may cause. but, hell, ARCHINECT's forum is often counterproductive. i mean, this is a distraction, an entertainment. sure, sometimes it's informational and we're all sort of a mutual support group, but it's not like mdler (or anyone else) is somehow making a negative affect that does damage to anyone's person or their business. at worst he's distracting us from our chosen distraction.

so far the forum is a safe place for ANYONE to say almost ANYTHING, to which the rest of us can respond or not. i'd really like it to stay that way.

Jun 22, 07 7:33 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

peperharbinger I'm sorry if you feel TC is insular and that certainly isn't the intent, in fact whenever someone new has popped into TC I think s/he has been vocally welcomed.

For god's sake though - you've posted 25 times and feel "excluded"?!?!? Just quit your day job and spend all day posting here, post some pics of your work/self/kids/dog, and in no time everyone will recognize you and you'll feel like "part" of whatever nebulous, virtual, imagined community it really is we have here.

Also, a public apology: architphil and philarct, I do in fact get you two confused and so tend not to address either one of you, and I'm sorry for that laziness: architphil just announced two significant achievements, right? And philarct is one of my former hometown boys in Philly?

Jun 22, 07 8:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: