Archinect
anchor

What's in your serial cue?

Currently enjoying Reservation Dogs and it came to mind that it is very similar to Atlanta, also HULU/FX.

Sep 20, 21 7:09 pm  · 
3  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Was thinking the same thing.

Sep 20, 21 8:32 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

I just came here to see if anyone else was watching Reservation Dogs. What a great show!

Sep 30, 21 9:35 am  · 
1  · 
randomised

Am getting hooked on Northern Exposure...

Sep 30, 21 3:10 pm  · 
2  · 
Wood Guy

I loved it the first time around and have been thinking about rewatching it. When I lived in Seattle for a few months in the mid-90s I made a point of going to Cle Elum where it was filmed.

Oct 1, 21 10:26 am  · 
1  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Anyone watching Foundation? I'm finding that it's incredibly good.

Oct 15, 21 7:05 pm  · 
 · 

Listened to an old bbc audio broadcast in anticipation.

Oct 17, 21 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I want a series about the Parable series.

Oct 17, 21 12:37 pm  · 
 · 

Think something is in the works?

Oct 17, 21 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

If not, it should. The Sower is as good as The Stand.

Oct 17, 21 8:04 pm  · 
1  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

A24 it's been snapped up!

Oct 17, 21 8:20 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

Has Nine Perfect Strangers been mentioned yet? We just finished the first season (the only one, so far) and enjoyed it. Trippy--literally--and great acting and casting. I've read reviews that were critical of the writing or the story in general, but I found it to be excellent, though I can understand why some people may not be in the head space to appreciate it. There is even some interesting architecture and landscaping for eye candy. (And Nicole Kidman will always be eye candy to me.)

Oct 17, 21 10:31 am  · 
1  · 

Wood Guy, are the performances strong? I read the book, and enjoyed it well enough. So since I know the story I don’t know if watching it will keep me engaged unless the performances are excellent. I do love Nicole Kidman, her performance in Big Little Lies was so awesome.

Oct 18, 21 8:45 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Donna, I think they are strong performances all around. Michael Shannon's character is a bit over-the-top but I always like his acting. Melissa McCarthy and Bobby Cannavale are great in it, and with each other.

I read reviews by people who had read the book and it sounds like some were thrown off by Kidman's not-perfect accent and flowing blond hair, and of course some things were cut as they always are. But I thought Kidman carried her role well, even if it would have been just as interesting with an Australian accent as with a Russian accent. Some weren't crazy about the writing, but I'm not sure how much of that was just not getting the overall story vs. the film adaptation.

A big draw for me was not knowing what to expect, so having read the book would dampen the experience a bit. But the scenery is beautiful and I thought the acting was good. Maybe try 2-3 episodes to see if it clicks for you?

Oct 18, 21 9:18 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Get Back, The Beatles documentary, is amazing. 

Nov 28, 21 12:56 pm  · 
2  · 
randomised

Almost finished with Bloods:

and just started with White House Farm

and just started crime drama White House Farm.

Nov 29, 21 7:22 am  · 
 · 

We are currently watching The Shrink Next Door and it is fucking stressing me out.

Dec 7, 21 8:02 pm  · 
1  · 
x-jla

on the last 2 episodes of Better Call Saul.  Great show. 

Dec 7, 21 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I'm so psyched for the final season. I don't know if I'd say it's a *better* show than Breaking Bad, but personally I think I've enjoyed watching it more than I enjoyed BB.

Dec 8, 21 6:37 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

I definitely enjoyed it more than Breaking Bad. I didn't even finish BB; got bored near the end with all of the violence and drama.

Dec 8, 21 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

Trying to keep up with Japan Sinks: People of Hope and just started Y: The Last Man. 

Need to bring my projector home and clear off a wall to watch the Fall backlog.

Dec 8, 21 6:19 pm  · 
1  · 

Station Eleven is freaking awesome. So beautiful, wonderful overlapping of time/memory. 

Dec 31, 21 11:43 pm  · 
3  · 
z1111

Farscape is being rebroadcast on Comet. I had forgotten how good it was.

Jan 3, 22 9:50 pm  · 
1  · 

On prime as well?

Jan 3, 22 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
z1111

I heard it is.

Jan 4, 22 1:55 am  · 
1  · 

Just finished S1 of The Morning Show. Well-written, well-acted and powerful. 

Jan 5, 22 8:40 pm  · 
3  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Gets better toward the end.

Jan 9, 22 11:32 am  · 
 · 

My spring lineup (so far)-

-Japan Sinks: People of Hope

-Cowboy Bebop

-Foundation 

-S02 of For all Mankind

-Lost in Space

-Y: The Last Man

-Station 11

-Boba Fett

-Hawkeye. Which is not all that great but the best use of the volume I've (not) seen.

Jan 5, 22 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Have you watched The Expanse? Addicted.

Jan 20, 22 4:44 pm  · 
2  · 

Wrapping it up. This last season has been thin for a host of reasons...

Jan 20, 22 5:57 pm  · 
1  · 
tduds

The Expanse really could've used a 12 episode season. It felt so rushed!

Jan 20, 22 6:24 pm  · 
2  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I'm in the first season, and I like the Mickey Spillane thing. Sci-fi Noir, with Marx?

Jan 20, 22 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Do you think a movie? Apparently season 7 is possible.

Jan 20, 22 6:37 pm  · 
 · 

They're rushing season 6 and adding a lot of confusing loose ends. I'm not sure how well that will play in pitching season 7 -perhaps to another platform like apple tv

Jan 20, 22 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
z1111

If you like sci-fi noir you might like Dark City(movie). It was actually based on an Outer Limits episode.

Jan 20, 22 7:54 pm  · 
1  · 

Kiefer Sutherland? That movie was bizarre.

Jan 20, 22 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
z1111

Yes, great cast, William Hurt, Jennifer Connolly, the cgi architecture and models were mesmerizing, compelling story, expert direction, one of the best endings. Imo one of the best sci-fi films of all time. A superior film.

Jan 20, 22 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Half way into ‘The Barrier’.  Really good dystopian sci fi thriller set in Madrid 2045.  Lots of parallels to our current situation.  

Jan 9, 22 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Seems interesting, might give that a try!

Jan 9, 22 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

better call Saul was just great.  I was legit addicted.  Can’t wait for season 5 to drop on Netflix 

Jan 10, 22 1:51 pm  · 
1  · 
sameolddoctor

Dont Look Up is scary, engaging and enraging

Jan 19, 22 10:21 pm  · 
3  · 
Non Sequitur

Thanks for dressing up.

Jan 20, 22 9:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: