Archinect
anchor

What's in your serial cue?

randomised

Am getting hooked on Northern Exposure...

Sep 30, 21 3:10 pm  · 
2  · 
Wood Guy

I loved it the first time around and have been thinking about rewatching it. When I lived in Seattle for a few months in the mid-90s I made a point of going to Cle Elum where it was filmed.

Oct 1, 21 10:26 am  · 
1  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Anyone watching Foundation? I'm finding that it's incredibly good.

Oct 15, 21 7:05 pm  · 
 · 

Listened to an old bbc audio broadcast in anticipation.

Oct 17, 21 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

I want a series about the Parable series.

Oct 17, 21 12:37 pm  · 
 · 

Think something is in the works?

Oct 17, 21 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

If not, it should. The Sower is as good as The Stand.

Oct 17, 21 8:04 pm  · 
1  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

A24 it's been snapped up!

Oct 17, 21 8:20 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

Has Nine Perfect Strangers been mentioned yet? We just finished the first season (the only one, so far) and enjoyed it. Trippy--literally--and great acting and casting. I've read reviews that were critical of the writing or the story in general, but I found it to be excellent, though I can understand why some people may not be in the head space to appreciate it. There is even some interesting architecture and landscaping for eye candy. (And Nicole Kidman will always be eye candy to me.)

Oct 17, 21 10:31 am  · 
1  · 

Wood Guy, are the performances strong? I read the book, and enjoyed it well enough. So since I know the story I don’t know if watching it will keep me engaged unless the performances are excellent. I do love Nicole Kidman, her performance in Big Little Lies was so awesome.

Oct 18, 21 8:45 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Donna, I think they are strong performances all around. Michael Shannon's character is a bit over-the-top but I always like his acting. Melissa McCarthy and Bobby Cannavale are great in it, and with each other.

I read reviews by people who had read the book and it sounds like some were thrown off by Kidman's not-perfect accent and flowing blond hair, and of course some things were cut as they always are. But I thought Kidman carried her role well, even if it would have been just as interesting with an Australian accent as with a Russian accent. Some weren't crazy about the writing, but I'm not sure how much of that was just not getting the overall story vs. the film adaptation.

A big draw for me was not knowing what to expect, so having read the book would dampen the experience a bit. But the scenery is beautiful and I thought the acting was good. Maybe try 2-3 episodes to see if it clicks for you?

Oct 18, 21 9:18 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Get Back, The Beatles documentary, is amazing. 

Nov 28, 21 12:56 pm  · 
2  · 
randomised

Almost finished with Bloods:

and just started with White House Farm

and just started crime drama White House Farm.

Nov 29, 21 7:22 am  · 
1  · 

We are currently watching The Shrink Next Door and it is fucking stressing me out.

Dec 7, 21 8:02 pm  · 
1  · 
x-jla

on the last 2 episodes of Better Call Saul.  Great show. 

Dec 7, 21 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I'm so psyched for the final season. I don't know if I'd say it's a *better* show than Breaking Bad, but personally I think I've enjoyed watching it more than I enjoyed BB.

Dec 8, 21 6:37 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

I definitely enjoyed it more than Breaking Bad. I didn't even finish BB; got bored near the end with all of the violence and drama.

Dec 8, 21 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

Trying to keep up with Japan Sinks: People of Hope and just started Y: The Last Man. 

Need to bring my projector home and clear off a wall to watch the Fall backlog.

Dec 8, 21 6:19 pm  · 
1  · 

Station Eleven is freaking awesome. So beautiful, wonderful overlapping of time/memory. 

Dec 31, 21 11:43 pm  · 
3  · 

Just finished the book, now headed back to the series.

Feb 7, 22 10:33 am  · 
 · 

Farscape is being rebroadcast on Comet. I had forgotten how good it was.

Jan 3, 22 9:50 pm  · 
1  · 

On prime as well?

Jan 3, 22 10:23 pm  · 
 · 

I heard it is.

Jan 4, 22 1:55 am  · 
1  · 

Just finished S1 of The Morning Show. Well-written, well-acted and powerful. 

Jan 5, 22 8:40 pm  · 
3  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Gets better toward the end.

Jan 9, 22 11:32 am  · 
 · 

My spring lineup (so far)-

-Japan Sinks: People of Hope

-Cowboy Bebop

-Foundation 

-S02 of For all Mankind

-Lost in Space

-Y: The Last Man

-Station 11

-Boba Fett

-Hawkeye. Which is not all that great but the best use of the volume I've (not) seen.

Jan 5, 22 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Have you watched The Expanse? Addicted.

Jan 20, 22 4:44 pm  · 
4  · 

Wrapping it up. This last season has been thin for a host of reasons...

Jan 20, 22 5:57 pm  · 
1  · 
tduds

The Expanse really could've used a 12 episode season. It felt so rushed!

Jan 20, 22 6:24 pm  · 
3  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

I'm in the first season, and I like the Mickey Spillane thing. Sci-fi Noir, with Marx?

Jan 20, 22 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Do you think a movie? Apparently season 7 is possible.

Jan 20, 22 6:37 pm  · 
 · 

They're rushing season 6 and adding a lot of confusing loose ends. I'm not sure how well that will play in pitching season 7 -perhaps to another platform like apple tv

Jan 20, 22 7:22 pm  · 
 · 

If you like sci-fi noir you might like Dark City(movie). It was actually based on an Outer Limits episode.

Jan 20, 22 7:54 pm  · 
1  · 

Kiefer Sutherland? That movie was bizarre.

Jan 20, 22 9:36 pm  · 
 · 

Yes, great cast, William Hurt, Jennifer Connolly, the cgi architecture and models were mesmerizing, compelling story, expert direction, one of the best endings. Imo one of the best sci-fi films of all time. A superior film.

Jan 20, 22 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I’ve heard multiple physicists say that The Expanse is the most accurate and their favorite sci fi series.

Feb 7, 22 11:17 am  · 
1  · 
x-jla

Accurate in terms of its attention to details.

Feb 7, 22 11:18 am  · 
1  · 
x-jla

Half way into ‘The Barrier’.  Really good dystopian sci fi thriller set in Madrid 2045.  Lots of parallels to our current situation.  

Jan 9, 22 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Seems interesting, might give that a try!

Jan 9, 22 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

better call Saul was just great.  I was legit addicted.  Can’t wait for season 5 to drop on Netflix 

Jan 10, 22 1:51 pm  · 
1  · 
sameolddoctor

Dont Look Up is scary, engaging and enraging

Jan 19, 22 10:21 pm  · 
3  · 
Non Sequitur

Thanks for dressing up.

Jan 20, 22 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

I'm still trying to decide if it was clever or stupid, but I enjoyed it. Hits way too close to home for my climate obsession.

Feb 8, 22 9:31 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Great cast and good allegory. I’m not usually a dark humor fan…but it was not funny enough to be good.

Feb 8, 22 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Succession, but really just waiting for another season of Peaky Blinders and Formula One!

Jan 25, 22 3:02 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

Nerd here, totally enjoying Somebody Somewhere.

Feb 7, 22 4:55 pm  · 
2  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

It really is good, sincere.

Feb 7, 22 9:22 pm  · 
1  · 

It’s delightful.

Feb 7, 22 10:07 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

tried Dopesick yesterday, how depressing knowing that it’s true.

Feb 8, 22 2:16 am  · 
1  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Depressing, and made me extremely angry at the end.

Feb 8, 22 10:39 am  · 
1  · 

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME OZARK’S “FINAL” SEASON IS COMING IN TWO PARTS GODAMMIT!!!!

Feb 14, 22 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Started This is Going to Hurt. Dark British humour in a hospital setting, the maternity ward.

Feb 15, 22 6:14 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Thoroughly enjoying "Inventing Anna" lately. I've been very impressed with Julia Garner in Ozark, and as the lead character in this one. 

Feb 15, 22 10:04 am  · 
 · 

I mentioned this in another thread and thought I'd share here too. I recently started re-watching the Norwegian show "Occupied" on Netflix. 

I started it again because of Russia's invasion and the obvious parallels in the show. Now realizing there are others in there I didn't necessarily pick up on the first time I watched it re: NATO, the EU, etc. Regarding the parallels with a Russian invasion, it was released in 2015, after the events in Crimea in 2014, and I recalled seeing if the show was written in response to that at the time. Turns out it was conceived and started earlier than that, and that the Russian ambassador to Norway essentially commented that they were disappointed in the show's scary portrayal of Russia, and that Norway has nothing to fear from their Russian neighbors. Keep in mind that Russia and Norway share a border and Norway is a founding member of NATO. 

Added bonus, lots of great shots of the Statoil office by A-Lab that is used as Norwegian governmental offices in the series: https://www.archdaily.com/3595... 

(Sorry, BGH for the link to archdaily. I'd have used an archinect link, but the images are all broken.)

Mar 7, 22 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

The Chef Show is a much Needed escape from the madness of this world…

Mar 13, 22 1:26 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Please tell me you're watching Minx on HBO?! It's great stuff. Totally cock positive, or negative, if you're hung up on  djick size.

Apr 4, 22 11:37 am  · 
 · 
whistler

Formula1 - Drive to Survive!

Apr 4, 22 5:47 pm  · 
 · 

Some of the architecture in Counterpart is bold (or loud), and plays such a low key but important role in the story telling.

May 16, 22 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

The Bear

Jul 14, 22 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

What an excellent show! I have to be in the right mood; it's pretty intense. It helps quell my desire to be a chef someday...

Aug 22, 22 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I really liked “The White Lotus” on HBO.  

Jul 14, 22 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

After being entertained by a lot of Big Bang Theory clips on social media, I've finally started watching it. I've heard it called a show about smart people, for dumb people, so I'm mildly concerned that I'm enjoying it. And mildly concerned at how much I identify with the male characters... 

Jul 17, 22 10:51 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

This is the problem.

Jul 17, 22 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

I grew up on the sitcoms of the 60s, 70s and 80s. I recognize exaggerated stereotypes and am capable of looking beyond them.

Aug 22, 22 5:29 pm  · 
 · 

I listen to a podcast called Depresh Mode with John Moe and they had an episode about how mental illness is either well or poorly portrayed in TV shows. They gave a lot of praise to Crazy Ex Girlfriend. So I put it on last night and I’m astounded at how creatively brilliant it is. It’s musical theater, so if you don’t like musical numbers you won’t like it. But it’s hilarious and deeply satirizes so much of our culture. They haven’t really gotten into the mental illness aspect of it deeply but have built a foundation for why so many of us struggle. I’m really, really enjoying it.

Aug 21, 22 1:37 pm  · 
1  · 

Have you watched Moon Knight on Disney+ ?

Aug 21, 22 2:21 pm  · 
2  · 

I did. I was overall "meh" on it, but the main actor did a fantastic job portraying two persons. The psych ward scenes were cool, too.

Aug 27, 22 3:56 pm  · 
1  · 

Only Murders in the Building!  Love that show!

Aug 22, 22 11:40 am  · 
1  · 
citizen

This is one I'd actually devote the time to. Good to hear it's worth the trouble.

Aug 22, 22 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Just finished Season 1. Enjoyed it a lot despite some minor flaws. Ready for Season 2...

Aug 18, 23 12:29 am  · 
 · 

frosted flakes 

Aug 23, 22 1:43 pm  · 
1  · 

KLEO Is excellent. Both goofy and serious, with amazing set design.

Oct 6, 22 10:31 pm  · 
1  · 

Finally getting to Andor. The set work and CGI are so much more seamless...

Nov 26, 22 10:38 am  · 
1  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

I'm A Virgo

Looks amazing!

And The Bear.

Jun 23, 23 12:34 pm  · 
4  · 
Wood Guy

That looks fun! Plus I'm a Virgo, so I have to watch it. We just caught up on Foundation. One of the better sci-fi shows I've seen in recent years.

Jun 23, 23 3:13 pm  · 
1  · 
graphemic

Boots hit gold with Sorry To Bother You, excited to check this out.

Jun 23, 23 4:49 pm  · 
1  · 
x-jla

Looks good

Jun 24, 23 11:49 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

My wife and I watched the first episode of I'm a Virgo last night. It's unique and entertaining. Definitely silly, but well done.

Jun 24, 23 1:49 pm  · 
 · 

The Silo on Apple TV is "just" a set of interior shots

Jun 23, 23 8:41 pm  · 
1  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

I'm going to finish, but I'm not impressed.

Jun 24, 23 5:02 pm  · 
 · 

Common not not your fave, huh...

Jun 24, 23 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Is it me, or does Common play Common in everything?

Jun 24, 23 8:15 pm  · 
 · 

The only time he stretched himself was when he hosted that furniture design show.

Jun 24, 23 10:17 pm  · 
1  · 
x-jla

Love and Death was pretty wild.  The new black mirror episodes sucked.  Favorite recent show  is “I think You Should Leave”.  Hilarious 

Jun 24, 23 11:51 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Seriously? I thought the new Black Mirror episodes were excellent. The ones about the Netflix clone, the astronauts and the Scottish murder all had me engrossed.

Aug 18, 23 9:29 am  · 
 · 

My critique of Greta Gerwig’s Little Women: pretty, but not enough Odenkirk. 

Dec 15, 23 9:39 pm  · 
1  · 

Just started The City, and the City based on China Miéville's book of the same name. Woof... gonna be a tough 4 hours.

Dec 16, 23 12:35 pm  · 
 · 

The show The Curse is wonderful and horrifying, and has a lot of direct slams on Passive House. I don’t agree, but I’m enjoying the jokes.

Mar 8, 24 10:12 pm  · 
1  · 

Like SERIOUSLY saying with PassivHaus if you open a door the temperature is bad for 5 hours!

Mar 8, 24 10:32 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

Haha, now I want to see it!

Mar 10, 24 1:53 pm  · 
 · 

OMG it goes deep into Passive House, with a ridiculous and hilarious finale. It's so funny. Unfortunately I think I'm a lot like the white do-gooder lady Emma Stone plays. That said: it's a slooooooooow story, and everyone is unlikeable, so I wouldn't say I *enjoyed* watching it, or was very *entertained* by it, but it made me think.

Mar 10, 24 10:40 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: