Archinect
anchor

What's in your serial cue?

liberty bell

HOLY HELL you guys BACURAU! So freaking weird and great. Not a series, a movie, but holy hell!!

Dec 31, 20 9:52 pm  · 
1  · 

I've been laughing my ass off at How To With John Wilson.

Jan 10, 21 4:02 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

Has anyone seen Killing Eve? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7... It's pretty well done, and one of the lead actors is amazing at accents. Basically two psychopaths, one's a cop and one's a killer, have a weird relationship with lots of hijinx. Reading tduds and xjla going at it in Politics Central made me think of it...

Jan 28, 21 9:42 am  · 
1  · 
apscoradiales

LOL!

· 
tduds

Fine but I call dibs on Sandra Oh.

1  · 
Wood Guy

No offense intended, of course. Sandra Oh is great but I'm really impressed with Jodie Comer's acting, including but not only her skill with accents. On the last episode I watched she did a decent Long Island accent but with Russian accent undertones, though her real accent is British.

1  · 
tduds

They're both so good in that show. We've only seen the first season. Thanks for the reminder to catch up!

1  · 
Wood Guy

We're on season 3 now--it just gets better, and more fun as they develop the characters and add some new ones.

· 
x-jla

Lol. I’ve heard it’s a great show. Gotta check it out.

· 
citizen

Okay, this is for an audience of one (me), and it's not even a streaming show; I watch it on YouTube.  It's called 8 Out of Cats Does Countdown.  A British mashup of multiple formats (hence the weird title), it's like finding yourself at a party in London full of funny and competitive strangers.

Half comedy roast, half game show, and half talk show, it features a resident lexicographer, an Oxford-educated mathematician who looks like a supermodel, and the "eye candy" stage assistants are male.  There are usually at least 9 people (comedians, musicians, writers) on stage.  Unlike US shows, the humor is raucous and adult, and its hour length allows for diversions (songs or poems or stunts) minus the American scripted race for time.

I stumbled across it by accident, and am happily hooked.  

Jan 30, 21 8:35 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

^ 8 Out of 10 Cats... Where's my editor?!

· 
x-jla

I loved Cobra Kai.  It’s a fun show.  

Jan 31, 21 10:57 am  · 
 · 

OMG Dee Snider just did a cameo on Cobra Kai I’m  screaming laughing!!

Feb 3, 21 8:19 pm  · 
1  · 
shellarchitect

Haven't been following this thread to closely, but "The Imposters" on Netflix is one of the best shows I've watched in a long time.  Not to serious, funny, enjoyable tv!

Feb 5, 21 10:19 am  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

It's probably been mentioned earlier in the thread but I just started the second season of Fargo and found the first season to be very well done. Perfect roles for Billy Bob Thornton, Colin Hanks and Keith Carradine. The second season has a different feel (and story) but so far so good. Seeing Nick Offerman with a chin beard playing a conspiracy theorist was hilarious.

Feb 12, 21 11:05 am  · 
 · 

Just started "The Day" on Topic TV. 12 episodes. An easy manageable binge.

Also following Wandavision.

Feb 15, 21 4:16 pm  · 
 · 

Loving Wandavision. So smart.

· 
x-jla

The Lady and the Dale....HBO.  Really good doc mini series

Feb 22, 21 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Watching The Victim, with the woman from Trainspotting, that also played in Boardwalk Empire...it’s okay. Just finished Deadwater Fell with the Dr. Who from Broadchurch...was better than expected and trying to watch Crashing by and with Phoebe Waller-Bridge from the brilliant Fleabag and Killing Eve...And occasionally an episode of The Great British Bake Off with the guy from Little Britain and the one from the Mighty Boosh, can’t go wrong there...

Feb 22, 21 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
Jaetten

Currently on season 8 of Homeland. Borgen is next. Just finished Borderliner and The Rain, both in original audio and no CC's. I have a habit of watching things in the original language!

Feb 23, 21 5:30 am  · 
 · 
randomised

"I have a habit of watching things in the original language!" 

Me too when that original language is either Dutch or English.

· 
b3tadine[sutures]

Small Axe 

Feb 23, 21 6:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: