anchor

Two Americas

le bossman

d/c that was just idiotic man

Nov 6, 04 11:10 am  · 
 · 
Helsinki

The city crap is just that - crap.

And what's this about a party full of hate that are the champions of diversity? I don't think the hateful republicans are the champions of diversity, and the Democrats (the liberals they are) don't seem to be filled with hate AGAINST diversity but against exclusive dogmatic fundamentalists. So, what party are you talking about?

It's like claiming that the skinhead hater is really a hatemonger. High-school ethics.

Nov 6, 04 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
lalato

As long as we're talking about the South... This made me laugh out loud...

--sam

Nov 6, 04 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
fiver

this is great haha.

Nov 6, 04 8:18 pm  · 
 · 

mason did you make that map with the united states of canada and jesusland? because I just saw it featured on Tucker Carlson's conservation talk show on PBS!

Nov 7, 04 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

alas john no ... it was emailed to me from a montreal-er.
plus i wouldnt be caught dead using that font and that silly shadow text thing (or probably pink for that matter). tsk-tsk!

Nov 7, 04 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

Cities are self propagating social constructs. Their inhabitants have gained themselves the greatest freedom that mankind can gain. The freedom to deny reality. That man is a creature interacting with the natural world has become a truth that exists only as a gnaw in the mind if the city slicker. Now become dull, it persists against all will. "Pass a law" they say. "No one will be allowed to cut trees down from this day forward" "Oh my head!" "No fishing from now on!" "Ouch!" "Vote for Liberals - they will save our sorry souls!"

Nov 8, 04 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
e909
there isn't a huge difference between the US mid-west and the prairie provinces of canada. i propose a new country spanning the west-coast from alaska to baja

based on my few experiences, midwest canadians seem stingy and grabby (desperate? it's a rough place to live) while a lot of midwest usa-ans are friendly.

but i'm referring to only personal interactins, not results of elections. and i've been to canada only a very few times.

Nov 8, 04 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
e909
transylvania

i'll guuees: trans = cross/route to the wooded regions?
sylvania = forested

like Penn's Sylvania

and what else but "Vandalia Correctional Center is located 85 miles southeast of Springfield..."

Nov 8, 04 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
e909
The only map that would really tell the story well would be each individual person a different color. But we just move around too much.

it's been done :-)

John Jourden: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/us_wealth_1872.jpg

Someone was obsessed about the topic, way back then. not really surprising.

note the 49ers wealth locations in CA sidemap

Nov 9, 04 12:07 am  · 
 · 
e909
I don't think the hateful republicans are the champions of diversity,

David Duke, poster boy of big tent republicanism, has been released from prison recently. Do you suppose he's been born again again again again? Or just still again again again?

www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22david+duke%22+gop+prison+&btnG=Search

courtingdisaster.blogspot.com/Chapter3.htm So much funny stuff on the web, not that i have time to read through all of this

CNN.com - Duke pleads guilty to fraud, false tax claims - Dec. 18 ...
... NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke pleaded guilty Wednesday to charges of mail fraud and filing a false tax return. ...
www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/12/18/duke.plea/

Nov 9, 04 12:46 am  · 
 · 
Mason White

Huh? David Duke?

anyway, let's get back to the maps....

Transfer seems to have picked up on this. SEE HERE

and click on the map below for more...

Nov 9, 04 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

now if that doesnt make the case for 'blue urbanism' ...

Nov 9, 04 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

I'm squinting (top right corner) and think I see Mason! Hey Bud!

Nov 9, 04 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

I think life would be very boring if the map was all pink or all green.
The wheel turns as it has always.

Nov 9, 04 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

really?

Nov 9, 04 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

You sound surprised!

Nov 9, 04 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual
http://www.cscs.umich.edu/~crshalizi/election/
Nov 9, 04 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
proto

the severity of the population divide just means to me that the democratic party is not yet representative of the will of the people.

Twice in a row on basically the same issues!!

I mourn the days before the lovely doctor/governor from vermont made divisiveness a popular mode of campaigning for the democratic party. His method is fun, but it sure doesn't build broad support. It's proven now. Let's "move on."

Nov 9, 04 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
kakacabeza

Here's an idea for a compromise. Those who want the right to an abortion, equal rights, and peace will be entitled to free health care, social security, and will be allowed to attend art exhibits. They will lose the right, however, to shop at Wal-Mart. Those who don't, can be denied free health care and social security, paying instead for our war in Iraq, and will not be allowed to attend art exhibits. They will be allowed the right to shop at Wal-Mart.

Those who don't want evolution to be taught in school will be given free pairs of blinders and earplugs for their children. Teachers must advise these children to use these instruments prior to any scientific instruction.

Nov 9, 04 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

I don't belong to either system, but evolution, as taught today, has not been proven.

Nov 9, 04 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

gustav - I feel that to be true - literally!

Nov 9, 04 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

D&C:
Yes that has been proven. But my version shows the last and final step to be a nearly blind mole.

Nov 9, 04 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
lexi

www.sorryeverybody.com
Nov 10, 04 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
surface

<<Personally, as for morality and religion, your first sentence is correct. It's exactly the president's apparent lack of judgment, morals, ethics, humility, and tolerance that make me dislike him so much. A lying, thin-skinned, win-at-all costs politician, inspiring fear and bigotry in his divisive efforts, suggests just the opposite of moral values to me.>>

Um, yeah. I voted "for Kerry" or "against Bush" (however you want to put it) ***precisely because*** of my born-again, right-wing, pro-life, Christian upbringing and background.

Nov 10, 04 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
lola

the real evolution

Nov 11, 04 10:55 am  · 
 · 
lola

grumpf! you cant see the big guy with the coke in his hand
see here

Nov 11, 04 10:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: