Archinect
anchor

How much to charge for teaching software

legopiece

Archinectors anyone here charged for teaching software not sure what is right I feel it is saving a bundle for them to learn on the side. A credit hour in a comm college would easily be 500. 

Feb 6, 14 9:32 am
legopiece

Guess I'm not winning any archinect popularity contests.

Feb 6, 14 7:58 pm  · 
 · 

Black Spectacles and Lynda.com have memberships for $20-$50 a month.

I would guess since most people learn better from an actual person instead of a video, plus there are considerations such as travel, scheduling, etc. you could use that as a starting point.

(sorry I don't have any real experience to offer, just wanted to keep the topic bumped)

Feb 6, 14 8:24 pm  · 
 · 

wouldn't charge anyone who wanted to learn software to be honest. seems kinda counter to the way software is picked up for most architecture students anyway. unless you're doing it as some kind of hobby class sort of thing...

Feb 7, 14 8:58 am  · 
 · 
legopiece

If I teach you should know you are getting taught by someone knee deep in bim projects of all types.  I have actually been very reluctant to teach.  And ill be damned if I am not compensated for working. Teaching is work. 

Feb 7, 14 9:47 pm  · 
 · 

I always felt that learning and teaching software was a pay it forward sort of deal.

unless you are talking about doing it in university or as consultant to a company....no idea why that should be a distinction but there it is...

Feb 10, 14 3:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: