Archinect
anchor

Fantasy Architecture

So fantasy baseball is in full swing, fantasy football is crazy popular, there is even a fantasy congress website out there somewhere (hmm it seems like it closed up shop, but it lasted a couple years). So I ask where is fantasy architecture?

The idea would be to form leagues, draft architects and gain points on being invited to competitions, winning competitions, winning awards, getting on covers of notable architecture magazines, giving lectures and the like.

May 23, 09 7:02 am
fays.panda

isnt that more like the real world?

the point of fantasy sports is that you cant do it professionally, but, im assuming you can do all of the stuff you mentioned, no?

May 23, 09 7:07 am  · 
 · 
LucasGray

I can also go play rec league baseball and football in the park and yet I still enjoy following other people playing those sports.

Besides, I could always draft myself if I think I will be valuable in a fantasy league.

May 23, 09 7:10 am  · 
 · 
Yumtoder

why not?

May 23, 09 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

As man comes ever closer to a "virtual" existence -- the ultimate, long predicted in science fiction, being our brains supported in liquid and connected to "reality" by wires -- oh, wait, now it's wireless -- why shouldn't we get going with pieces and portions of the necessary "world" of the future ?

But isn't there already Second Life -- and the gaming universe -- with pretend real estate and virtual architecture ? Are you proposing a different venue, devoted especially to buildings ? I'm for that. . .

May 23, 09 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

for fantasy architecture, please see final review presentations for "tier-one" architecture schools. ability to be built or inhabited need not apply.

May 24, 09 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
not_here

geek.

May 24, 09 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
Roarkschach

Check out Bengt Sjostrom Starlight Theatre by Studio Gang

http://www.studiogang.net/projects_a1.htm

there's a cool video of the roof opening if u scroll to the bottom

May 24, 09 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
Roarkschach

^^^damn, i totally posted that on the wrong thread

May 24, 09 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
boots cats

I think this idea is awesome. Count me in.

May 25, 09 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

Now that we have at least two on board we need to find a web designer...

May 25, 09 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
boots cats

ha. I'm dipping my feet in the waters of flash and dreamweaver...

May 26, 09 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Takes me back to eleventh grade art class, with Mrs D'Amico -- she cut a big piece of Homasote into a "neighborhood" of building sites, and teams (or individuals, I don't recall) built house models: Modern Houses !

May 26, 09 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
Askin Ozcan

Response to Fantasy Architecture.
"In the beginning there was the word..." Hence, I wrote "THE SECOND VENICE" - a truly fantasy architecture in novel form. Humorous, unique, knowledgable. Have a look!
ISBN 1598000888 (Outskirts Press) -by Askin Ozcan
Was Nr. 1 among top rated books in Italy Magazine (U.K.) surpassing Roman classic Juvenal's "Satires" .
Sold at www.archinect.com bookstore as well as 200 internet bookshops and via 25.000 bookstores globally.
Review also at archinect.com, under the book.

May 27, 09 12:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: