Archinect
anchor

Nana Walls

snook_dude

I'm Looking for input for anyone who has used Nana Walls on a project. The Wall will be 8'-8" high and 17'-6" wide using a wood
french door look with no mutton bars. 24x24 slate floor at both sides of the door. I'm interested in what the sill condition will be.
The obvious is go look at Nana details, but I'm asking here for any input. Deflection problems....cleft slate not being the smoothest most even product. Let it race my friends.

May 16, 09 5:18 pm
some person

I think liberty bell posted photos on the Construction Pic of the Day thread a few years ago...

May 16, 09 6:27 pm  · 
 · 

yep, she did one in a pretty wide opening between a social room and a covered porch/outdoor room. i think she was pleased, and it's been in place for a while now, so she should be able to give some insight.

May 16, 09 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

they cost about $1000 a linear foot.

May 16, 09 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I can't remember, snook. I know the sill condition ended up being pretty easy once we got the actual sill onsite, but my contractor was very skittish when all we had were drawings. We had cork on one side and concrete on the other. Also, we used a decent sized piece of steel to frame the top opening, as I recall.

Here it is and yes I and the client were both very pleased with how it turned out.

May 17, 09 12:24 am  · 
 · 
blah

They have these windows on the house at the Museum of Science and Industry. I was surprised that the track in the sill didn't have a drain in it. It's more weather tight than a storefront door but a terrace door is still a better way to go if keeping the wind, water and cold out is important.

May 17, 09 1:27 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

not as sleek as their inset track but they also give you the option of using a threshold.

anyone tried la cantina as a less expensive alternative?

May 17, 09 11:33 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Le Bossman,

I know those buggers do cost between $1,000 and $1,200 per lineal foot, but the client has given me the go ahead.

The reason for the door is enhance the feeling of space. We are limited to 1,000 sf of livable space (heated), and well it is a summer cottage so we have designed a screened in porch off of the main living space to bump the space during the summer months. The nana wall is the connector between the two rooms.

May 17, 09 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

very nice.

May 17, 09 12:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: