Archinect
anchor

Job Search Berlin

Any suggestion on good firms to apply to in Berlin, Germany?
Know of any firms that are hiring?

Apr 11, 09 8:10 am
chaos3WA

i applied to a bunch and haven't heard back.

Apr 11, 09 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

Whoever moderates these forums can you please remove rockandhill's last statement. If you could block rockandhill from ever posting on this site again that would be even better.

Apr 11, 09 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

roachandhill have you lost your freakin mind?

Apr 11, 09 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

Thank you for whoever deleted rockandhill's post.

I hope he has been completely removed from this site.

Apr 11, 09 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

Back to the real topic....

I also sent out a lot of resumes. Have heard back froma few firms but mostly that they aren't hiring.

I have a part time freelance job at a tiny firm here but would like to get a job in a larger office.

If anyone has any leads I'd be forever grateful.

Apr 11, 09 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

Was wondering if anyone had any success with this as a US citizen?

My understanding of EU regulations is that offices are required to hire EU citizens and that as a US citizen the office has to prove that you can provide something that the other EU applicants can not.

May 14, 09 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

I don't think that is the case. I know of many american and canadian citizens who have worked in EU countries. Currently the bigger issue is that no one is really hiring at the moment.

May 14, 09 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
farougi

hI! I'm a current student at TU Berlin and it's pretty much common knowledge in germany that it is incredibly difficult to find a job as an architect in germany, i'm not sure if you considered that before moving into a brand new city. If anything, I believe stuttgart and Munich are much more.. possible options. or Hamburg. Berlin is economically instable as it is and many firms that might even be hiring are incredibly small, so you have to dig a little bit. And as for the bigger firms (gerkan etc.), they can get 20 interns per summer without paying a cent (my friend is interning there).. I doubt they'd pay 40000 euro instead..

also do you speak german? i understand most larger companies do not require you to, but it would be very helpful for other companies. plus for competition entries in this country..

May 17, 09 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
farougi

also it is totally not an issue of where in the world you come from..

May 17, 09 4:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: