What music are you listening to?

awaiting_deletion

thanks brah...have a good 4th!

Jul 4, 15 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

yep. you too!

Jul 4, 15 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
Jerome S did you see the 20 Feet From Stardom documentary? In which they interview Merry Clayton about the Gimme Shelter recording? Oh man. So good. AND also listen to the Fresh Air interview of her, in which they play just her backup track alone - bone chillingly beautiful!
Jul 4, 15 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
Don Kashane

X - 4th of July

Happy Independence Day

Jul 4, 15 3:43 pm  · 
 · 

You should totally try this one out - https://soundcloud.com/nicholsontunes

Just a handful of tunes but great, nonetheless.

Jul 5, 15 9:25 am  · 
 · 
go do it

lets do one hit wonders

25 Awesome One-Hit Wonders of the 1990s

Jul 6, 15 5:50 am  · 
 · 
go do it
go do it
  1. Bobby Blue Bland feat Yo Gotti - Aint no Sunshine
Jul 17, 15 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otvGoSmEDIQ <--- The Haxan Cloak, Excavation

Jul 18, 15 9:33 am  · 
 · 

Getting giddy with anticipation ALREADY over next week's Ike Reilly Assassination show at The Vogue in Naptown!

http://www.ikereilly.net/video/

Jul 18, 15 11:33 am  · 
 · 
go do it

That is some good rock and roll Donna.

Jul 19, 15 12:59 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Donna, like the 2nd track from Ike Reilly Assassination, although couldn't quite make out the first part of the chorus "Rich steel songs from the poor, while the poor paryt at the underpass" or something....

Null - that Haxan Cloak is intense and man do I need to learn to master better.  Looks like he was the producer and mixer for Bjork's recent album Vulnicura

you might like this track from Frank Bretschneider - A Soft Throbbing Of Time little more funky than Haxan Cloak.

What music are you producing? released today, over the weekend production Rusty Chops

Apparently the saxophone is good for Tropical House (genre), haven't quite figured it out but this mix

POUR LE PLAISIR & TRISTANSAXXX-DJ-SET_PERFORMANCE...

nothing wrong with heading toward the Chemical Brother spectrum of electronic, one of the best albums all time

Dig Your Own Hole (Full Album) (track 10 & 11 good for the 4am studio vibe)

toodles

Jul 19, 15 1:04 pm  · 
 · 

Chris it's a few variations throughout the song:

"The rich kids sing the poor kids' songs at the afterparty all night long"

"As the rich kids steal the poor kids dance at the afterparty at the underpass"

"The rich kids rave the poor kids dance as they gather out near the underpass"

Ike is super blue collar supportive; he played the anti-right to work protest here in Naptown, which is the concert footage from the video I posted above. I'm such a fangirl!

Jul 20, 15 10:52 am  · 
 · 
Schoon

I never thought I would be able to get into folk, but I can't get enough of Sufjan Stevens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWnZMQy-gjM

Besides that I've been jamming to Margot & the Nuclear So-and-So's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXTVDUYIZs8

Jul 20, 15 11:37 am  · 
 · 

Wait, Schoon, are you in Indy? Aren't those both Asthmatic Kitty artists?

Jul 20, 15 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Schoon

Good catch! I'm in Philly, but my friend from Indianapolis clued me in on Margot which was a gateway to Sufjan.

Jul 20, 15 6:25 pm  · 
 · 

the wallets-blue castanets

Jul 21, 15 12:55 am  · 
 · 
Pritchard Stalkins, FUFEE

The optiminal background music are a difference-maker in terms of the overall experience for my clients in my edificice envisioner practice. The fact is, most clients come with a certain level of apprehension so need to be lulled into a semi-hypnotic state before I showing them blueprints.
Music effects your clients, team members, and most importantly youre manifesting of potential talent level.  With the numerous many choices of musical options out there in the world of music options, it can be very overwhelming to decide which best music options is to take your office to the next level.  I recommend a music theory course at your nearest community college. But you should check with local zoning as to if you can play music until after 7 p.m.
Having the correct music playing in your office – meaning music that is subduing but also instills calm discipline in a positive way, can lead to additional benefits that will enhance the edifice envisioner - client relationship as well, including:

More compliant clients
Improved communications between client and design professional
Improved memory retention of your recommendations and indoctrination of the clients
More positive outlook of the design professional's office as not as scary than they anticipated, meaning a longer relationships and possible referrals of other clients referred by them.
Today I'm alternating  “Peaceful Easy Feeling” – The Eagles with “Moonshadow” – Cat Stevens.

Jul 21, 15 11:52 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

^Pritchard, please explain FUFEE, thanks.

Jul 21, 15 11:54 am  · 
 · 

JLC-1, the UFEE Fellow designates the most exceptional professionals in the organization, and thus as such the most prestigious designation as awarded by UFEE.

The criteria for assessing UFEE Fellow nominees are based on five major facets that have been identified as mastery competencies of distinction:

Technical Proficiency

Advocacy

Commitment and Service

Lettering

Leadership

Jul 21, 15 11:48 pm  · 
 · 

Listening to some stuff from 2007 Kode 9 and Flying Lotus on Rinse...

Also one of my favs from 2010 is a bit more rhythmic than the Haxan but cut from the same cloth i believe.. Forest Swords - Dagger Paths

Jul 22, 15 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
Sharky McPeterson

Tame Impala anyone?

Jul 23, 15 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
mj100

Imagine Dragons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5tWYmIOWGk

Jul 23, 15 12:48 pm  · 
 · 

My 12 year old child, like most, is really aware of Imagine Dragons. I endlessly refer to them as Invisible Lizard, to his embarrassed delight. His mom is so uncool.

Jul 23, 15 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

My favorite guitar solo, or certainly top 3, is the one in Wilco's Impossible Germany.

Jul 23, 15 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

not gonna lie

i have two streams of satie's vexations playing out of sync

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgoVcP3YDs

i cant think of any decent self deprecating art fag jokes to end with.

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

good night!

Jul 24, 15 4:56 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

wait wait wait ! ! !

i got one ahemmmm:

Only two?

and gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood night!

Jul 24, 15 5:04 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

Also Chris T. - I envy you here. I am swamped with enough projects that I've neglected my production work. Someday we should jam. I offered to master a Brooklyn rock band's demo a few months ago and had to drop the project because I off-hours work picked up dramatically (all these people in the city are actually starting to move into the buildings from the 2013 filings boom).

Jul 24, 15 7:49 am  · 
 · 
go do it

.Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps

Jul 24, 15 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

.Portishead - Glory Box

Jul 24, 15 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

nice go do it....now that the PBS is long over and working on website...

some Easy-E classics....

Automobile

Gimme that Nut

and then a fellow Tupac fan told me about this the other day -  really?

Jul 25, 15 12:43 am  · 
 · 
go do it

.Dire Straits - Once Upon A Time In The West

Jul 25, 15 1:16 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

Jul 25, 15 1:48 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

monet fur nuttin

Jul 25, 15 2:17 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

null - sometimes you just have to put the hot potato phone down, block everything out and relax - or produce sounds.  That is exactly what this tune was - A Much Need Ohmmm

got home, needed a break, the beats like the other track above were added later.  The entire sound for that piece is one plug-in and 8 knobs being tweaked.  I did that for like 1 hour, felt good, extracted the produced bit.

highly recommend just tweaking sounds for hours.

Nice Boy and here is a psychedlic techno version   Acid For Nothing - by 1200 Micrograms

Jul 25, 15 10:07 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Rwndrb - Hardfloor

Jul 25, 15 10:31 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

at Barnes and Nobles with the kids and they are playing RUN-DMC in the background, hmmmmm........null hit me up anytime although pretty busy these days like yourself....

Jul 25, 15 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
Schoon

Super stoked to see Girlpool again in August!

http://www.npr.org/event/music/420823478/girlpool-tiny-desk-concert

Also very happy that they've moved to Philly and will hopefully play a bunch of local DIY shows! 

Jul 28, 15 8:47 am  · 
 · 
go do it

Bon Iver - I Can't Make You Love Me/Nick of Time

Jul 30, 15 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

rage against the machine - Killing in the name '

serious mosh pit song!

Aug 1, 15 12:46 am  · 
 · 
go do it

Joe Cocker - A Whiter Shade Of Pale

Aug 1, 15 1:04 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

zizek's bastard child horde

Aug 1, 15 2:16 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

a tad more chill

Aug 1, 15 3:23 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

30 years ago? 

fuck.

Aug 1, 15 5:31 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

a

b

Aug 1, 15 5:44 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

c

Aug 1, 15 5:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: